T Nation

Raw vs Gear

im an ipf lifter and am wondering what ure guys opionions are on raw vs gear ,i heard talk that the ipf might finilly get into the olympics and i think it will be raw what are ure thoughts

I respect guys who lift raw, single ply and multiply. I love watching Lillibridge and Efferding squat, but I also loved watching SuperD break 3000 and the next meet I attend will be Vogelpohls next meet because he is the reason I got involved in powerlifting, even though I’ve never used gear beyond my belt and wraps. If you are a strength athlete, you have my respect.

Out of curiosity, where did you hear the Olympic possibility from?

There are a million threads on this already. Any reason we need another one?

Troll

[quote]detazathoth wrote:
Troll[/quote]

Your avatar has me all hot and bothered.

[quote]Chicksan wrote:
I respect guys who lift raw, single ply and multiply. I love watching Lillibridge and Efferding squat, but I also loved watching SuperD break 3000 and the next meet I attend will be Vogelpohls next meet because he is the reason I got involved in powerlifting, even though I’ve never used gear beyond my belt and wraps. If you are a strength athlete, you have my respect.

Out of curiosity, where did you hear the Olympic possibility from? [/quote]

they were talking about it on the ipf world site they are in the process of getting into the olympics

[quote]frankjl wrote:

[quote]detazathoth wrote:
Troll[/quote]

Your avatar has me all hot and bothered.[/quote]

Your avatar is amazing

[quote]lilvikin wrote:

[quote]Chicksan wrote:
I respect guys who lift raw, single ply and multiply. I love watching Lillibridge and Efferding squat, but I also loved watching SuperD break 3000 and the next meet I attend will be Vogelpohls next meet because he is the reason I got involved in powerlifting, even though I’ve never used gear beyond my belt and wraps. If you are a strength athlete, you have my respect.

Out of curiosity, where did you hear the Olympic possibility from? [/quote]

they were talking about it on the ipf world site they are in the process of getting into the olympics[/quote]
link?

http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/63.html?&no_cache=1&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=843&tx_ttnews[backPid]=2&cHash=ed983da4fa97797795f0167a1368a5f4

Powerlifting isn’t going to be in the Olympics within the career lengths of just about everyone posting on this forum, regardless of what the IPF would like you to believe. It’s not even up for consideration for the 2020 games, so you’re talking at least another eleven years before it could be a “potential” Olympic sport.

[quote]KyleKeough wrote:
Powerlifting isn’t going to be in the Olympics within the career lengths of just about everyone posting on this forum, regardless of what the IPF would like you to believe. It’s not even up for consideration for the 2020 games, so you’re talking at least another eleven years before it could be a “potential” Olympic sport.[/quote]

What amazing is that it’s not in the Olympics but more popular worldwide. It’s just so fragmented vs weightlifting.