Raw vs Equipped

[quote]Pigeon wrote:
This is a mix of gym and meet lifts:

Raw: 525/390/585
Gear: 826/540/600

Multi-ply gear. I generally get 300+ over my raw squat, 175 over my raw bench, and maybe 25 lb over my raw DL. haha[/quote]

Dude what suit are you pulling in? hahah. Do you pull sumo or conventional?

mix of gym and meet lifts
Raw 215/125/275
Single ply 270/165/300

I need tighter stuff, but it’s a pain to work alone in gear. Plus it hurts. I am a big wimp.
) :

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
This is for all of those raw lifters that butt in to bitch and moan about geared lifting:

Raw powerlifting is gay.[/quote]

How do you kick the crap out of a gear whore?

Pick a fight with him, then clock him in the jaw while he’s putting on his shirt but before he gets his knees, elbows and wrists wrapped for the fight.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

Dude what suit are you pulling in? hahah. Do you pull sumo or conventional?[/quote]

I pull sumo in an Ace Squatter, no briefs. When I did the gym 600, I was pulling around 550 raw, so I probably get more than 25lb carryover, but I missed the 600 in a meet badly, so who knows? The lockout is my problem on DL, so I’m not maximizing my gear.

Raw at 56kg (haven’t tested raw maxes since last summer)
225, 125, 255

Gear at 60kg (mix of gym/meet)
325, 160, 353

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:
1000/565/735 ALL GEAR ALL THE TIME

Jason[/quote]

ha what he said

775/535/756

[quote]bulldog9899 wrote:

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

Jason[/quote]
565?[/quote]

Yep, if you know the powerlifting scene, you know Jason Pegg. Jason is a war veteran who suffered an injury in combat that nearly cost him his arm. It’s amazing he even has his arm let alone lift any weight with it. Most people who hurt their vaginas and complain about wearing gear can’t lift what Jason lifts with a complete body.

On the raw vs gear, you are going to be able to lift more weight with gear, but you have to have very good raw strength to put up great gear numbers. Try 1000 pounds on your back. When you unrack the weight, the gear is not giving you any help standing there. Unless you’ve worked with it, it’ll break your skinny raw asses just trying to unrack it. RAW = Pussys who can’t handle gear weight.

[quote]Sons of Thunder wrote:

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

Jason[/quote]
565?[/quote]

Yep, if you know the powerlifting scene, you know Jason Pegg. Jason is a war veteran who suffered an injury in combat that nearly cost him his arm. It’s amazing he even has his arm let alone lift any weight with it. Most people who hurt their vaginas and complain about wearing gear can’t lift what Jason lifts with a complete body.

On the raw vs gear, you are going to be able to lift more weight with gear, but you have to have very good raw strength to put up great gear numbers. Try 1000 pounds on your back. When you unrack the weight, the gear is not giving you any help standing there. Unless you’ve worked with it, it’ll break your skinny raw asses just trying to unrack it. RAW = Pussys who can’t handle gear weight.[/quote]

unfortunately for you there is no “standing with weight” lift. i hate to break it to you, but if you’re not a man without gear, you aren’t going to be a man with it.

sounds like you’re trying to compensate.

[quote]Sons of Thunder wrote:

[quote]JPeggEFS wrote:

Jason[/quote]
565?[/quote]

On the raw vs gear, you are going to be able to lift more weight with gear, but you have to have very good raw strength to put up great gear numbers. Try 1000 pounds on your back. When you unrack the weight, the gear is not giving you any help standing there. Unless you’ve worked with it, it’ll break your skinny raw asses just trying to unrack it. RAW = Pussys who can’t handle gear weight.[/quote]

Just for the record I meet Jason a few month ago at his gym in Muncie IN.hell of a good guy.He helped me clean up my shit squat form.The only reason I brought up the 565 is because he doesnt bench due to his arm.He even jokes on Elitefts about his bench.By the way dont use somthing I fucking type as a intro for a raw vs.gear debate.Ive made my feeling already clear on the subject.Raw vs gear who gives a fuck. People can lift with car jack up there ass for all I care.

raw gym
405 squat -belt no wraps
380 bench -touch and go
505 deadlift

raw comp
no squat (haven’t done a full raw meet)
358 bench- usapl with a looonnnngggg pause
455 deadlift (post injury)

single ply gym
545 squat walked out
600 squat monolift (had no acl so walkout was hardest part of lift for me)
405 bench
510 pull

single ply meet
518 (easy 2nd attempt…lost balance on 3rd attempt with 540)
405 bench
518 pull

I’ve never done a full meet without gear- just bench only- so these are gym numbers for squat/pull

625/407/675
835/615/733

[quote]Pigeon wrote:
This is a mix of gym and meet lifts:

Raw: 525/390/585
Gear: 826/540/600

Multi-ply gear. I generally get 300+ over my raw squat, 175 over my raw bench, and maybe 25 lb over my raw DL. haha[/quote]

Im calling BS on this one. you can only hit 135 on each lift RRAAWW! your squat is all gear! you are no better than the rest of us with your top 20 squat and total!!!

Raw S 135 B 135 D 135
Gear S 727 B 390 D 601