Raw vs. Equipped Carryover

Found this on elitefts, written by Dave Tate:

So what is your carry over?

This seems to be the question of the decade. What can you do RAW? I am asked this just about once a week. I am sure there are many of you who are reading this that know exactly what I mean. Will this ever end?

It is always those who have the least experience in the prone position who ask such things. They are really the ones at risk. RAW is just plain dangerous. We are in a different world then we were years ago. We have more knowledge, technique is better, strength and endurance is better optimized and the stakes are higher. going raw is just not worth the risk.

I have seen the news and see the stats. It is those who go raw that are ending up seeing the doctor wondering how they put themselves in such a position. They knew better but did it anyway and now they are paying the price.

Why can’t tell wake up and see what is going on?

Single Ply, Two ply, Triple ply, who cares? Just wear something!

I have though long and hard on this and have come up with a few reasons why these pricks stay raw.

1. They do not understand the issues we have to deal with.

2. They have never had had their performance interrupted because of a hamstring cramp?

3. They have never had to stop short because their lower back was in knots?

4. They have never been so tight they felt like they were going to pop only to find they could have been tighter?

5. They have never had their staying power compromised.

Have they ever tucked as hard as they could only to find they missed the sweet spot? I don’t think so.

Do they know what it is like to push and drive as hard as you can to have a blow out and then spend the next 30 days wondering how they will deal with it? Nope! They have no idea.

Look I know we are in the up and coming age of the Ultra this and Ultra that, Titan, Magum, Viking, Max, Trojan and whatever knight they come up with next. We have so many options. We have single, double and triple ply. You can get the in any size to fit anybody. They are meant to keep you jacked and tight and defiantly make you stronger. We have push harder and have a little more at the peak to finish strong. I will not lie. Being Anti Raw is not only safer it helps. It helps you feel better and lets you take it to the next level.

I can’t sit here and make it sound like this is all good and does not have its negatives. Years ago many records were set and they were all RAW. Were these legends better than the ones of today? This can be debated but how long did they really last. There were many that died before there prime. Sure there names will go on forever and legands like Holmes will last forever.

There are many Frank, Dick, and Harry’s out there that think this is all easy business. It is not as easy as it looks. First getting it on right takes skill and experience. If it is not put on right you will not get the biggest carryover. Second, they can tear you up and can actually somewhat hinder your ability to feel the stroke. But I can say this. I have personally gotten close to 30% on single ply and 50% with double. Now what does this mean in real terms.

What this means is when I have sex and wear one condom I can actually make it for 13 stokes. My RAW max is around 10 so I am getting a 30% carry over. Now when I wear two condoms it goes right up to 15 strokes or 50%.

Did you assume this was about Bench Shirts? Hum. Never trust you assumptions.

Now go back and read this again. It is much funnier the second time.

Nice

Funny, the article is about condoms NOT gear. We all have heard his name and read Dave Tate’s books which are very informative and helpful.
Dave is obviously from Westside and they train with heavy gear which helps your numbers go up NOT because you are stronger, but because you have learned how to use the shirt

—So there is the argument–

If its not really you doing the lift is it still REAL? everyone has a different opinion, but luckily there are many different federations to suite your taste.

I am writing this after being in Miami today for the USAPL meet and saw Priscilla Ribic CRUSH everyone with the same gear, so she is impressive by anyone’s standards.

As far as the condom part, very funny but a pulled hamstring, strained lower back??? Dave obviously does everything intense, the only thing he left out was how the gear and condom BOTH explode under massive pressure.

Have you seen the new serial numbers on condoms?..guess you dont roll them down as far as me.