Raw Squat and Dead Records

[quote]Julius_Caesar wrote:
KK66 wrote:
Personally I don’t consider Henry’s 948 or 953 raw as he wore knee wraps and most people get 50 pounds of so out of them. Yuri Spinov squatted 947 with no belt but with suit and wraps, karwoski’s training tape has him squatting 8x640 with no wraps, belt or suit.

Also their is a clip on youtube of Kevin Nee pulling 814 no belt, Coan supposedly did 3x840 (one set each sumo and conventional in the same workout) without a belt.

What was that lift for that fat slob Mark Henry? Was that double bodyweight or maybe 1.86?[/quote]

What was that lift for that fat slob Mark Henry? Was that double bodyweight or maybe 1.86?

[/quote]

Jesus christ, heres comes the “I have justify being weaker to others by relative strength” moron.

No joke. Henry did damn near 1000 pounds with only knee wraps and a belt. How can you have anything but positive things to say about that shit?

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
Julius_Caesar wrote:

What was that lift for that fat slob Mark Henry? Was that double bodyweight or maybe 1.86?

Jesus christ, heres comes the “I have justify being weaker to others by relative strength” moron.[/quote]

He weighs 400 lbs. and is a fat slob.

Donut62 wrote:
Julius_Caesar wrote:

Jesus christ, heres comes the “I have justify being weaker to others by relative strength” moron.

[/quote]

Oh fuck off you moron. He weighs 400lb and is stronger than more than 99% of the people in the whole goddamn world.

As for the guy who said about people getting at least 50lb outta their wraps… really?? Who told you that?? Or are you just reciting something you heard on a message board?

[quote]Hanley wrote:

Oh fuck off you moron. He weighs 400lb and is stronger than more than 99% of the people in the whole goddamn world.

As for the guy who said about people getting at least 50lb outta their wraps… really?? Who told you that?? Or are you just reciting something you heard on a message board?[/quote]

I think you meant 99.99999999999999…

nine…

nine…

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
Hanley wrote:

As for the guy who said about people getting at least 50lb outta their wraps… really?? Who told you that?? Or are you just reciting something you heard on a message board?

I think you meant 99.99999999999999…

nine…

nine…
9[/quote]

That’s too many nines. There are only around 6-7 billion people in the world. He’d actually be stronger than parts of himself for that to be possible.

Just kidding. Point well taken.

[quote]robo1 wrote:
Not sure I know anybody brave enough to try a beltless squat max for that matter[/quote]

I exclusively squat beltless, including my 1 rep max, which is 570lbs now.
I just never got the habit of wearing a belt, and I feel fine without one.
also like the idea of old school raw lifts. also it’s so critical that all those core muscles and stabilizers get put to use, with a belt those muscle groups don’t have to do as much and so you develop a weak core.

my max beltless deadlift is 580lbs

Personally I don’t squat with a belt, but always use one for heavy deadlifts (also use for box squat from time to time). My max is a measily 425 though. I feel just fine free squatting without one.

a guy named glenn ross deadlifted 977 pounds at the arnold classic in 2005 raw

“As for the guy who said about people getting at least 50lb outta their wraps… really?? Who told you that?? Or are you just reciting something you heard on a message board?[/quote]”

No, that has been my personal expeirence, I’ve competed since 1992, so I’ve used everything from the old marathon’s to the new wraps, and I’ve always gotten about 50 pounds from them, my best with just a belt is 5x515 but in the smae cycle I hit 3x575 with wraps and a belt much easier, that was a pretty consistent carryover for me. Most of my training partners had similar carryovers.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
a guy named glenn ross deadlifted 977 pounds at the arnold classic in 2005 raw[/quote]

Was that not a hummer tire deadlift tho? It’s pretty much just like a rack pull, the bar usually starts just below the knees.

KK66, damn… I need to figure out my wraps a bit more so!! What have you found o be the best ones?

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
a guy named glenn ross deadlifted 977 pounds at the arnold classic in 2005 raw[/quote]

Zydrunas Savickas (if that’s how you spell it) deadlifted 1016 lbs, but that was a tire deadlift. Less ROM there, and it can’t be considered a powerlifting WR. It’s a strongman WR though.

I’m greatly impressed with the levels of RAW strength by the some members of T-Nation. Special RESPECT goes out to:

Raw Power
StonesAreFun
sumabeast

You’re all stronger than me. I’m now inspired to hit the weights even harder to become Canada’s Stongest Accountant at 200 lbs. I realize there’s no such category, but still it’s my dream.

Current Stats: BP 345, SQT 405, D/L 455 RAW.

Lift Stong and Prosper,

TKO

Ps I’ve personally found that the belt gave me a boost of 20-30 pounds. Only in the last 6 mos I’ve started training without one as something new to do.

my best recent raw deadlift and squats( i won t post what i did " way back then" as it is irrelevant now)

back squat- 200kgx3
front squat- 140kgx2
deadlift- 230kgx2

this is the best i can remember, i would have to scourer through all my training logs on this site and others to get the numbers exactly, but that is my best guess.

thing about raw lifting, lots of raw total body stuff(squats, deads olympic lifts) work your core so well, that very little additional abd work is needed.

check the top level Olympic lifters, many squat and pull pretty darn heavy completely RAW.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
austin_bicep wrote:
a guy named glenn ross deadlifted 977 pounds at the arnold classic in 2005 raw

Was that not a hummer tire deadlift tho? It’s pretty much just like a rack pull, the bar usually starts just below the knees.

KK66, damn… I need to figure out my wraps a bit more so!! What have you found o be the best ones?[/quote]

ya but its still pretty impresive

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Julius_Caesar wrote:
Donut62 wrote:
Julius_Caesar wrote:

[/quote]

If you want to suck the cock of a 400 pound juiced up gorilla, cellulite supremacist, that’s fine. However, I have seen people do 3 times bodyweight raw. He weighs 400 pounds for fuck’s sake!

Hanley wrote:
Julius_Caesar wrote:
Donut62 wrote:
Julius_Caesar wrote:

If you want to suck the cock of a 400 pound juiced up gorilla, cellulite supremacist, that’s fine. However, I have seen people do 3 times bodyweight raw. He weighs 400 pounds for fuck’s sake!

[/quote]

Wow. It would appear you’re not just an ignorant fucktard when it comes to “relative” strength and diminshing returns. You’re also a racist cunt.

“If you want to suck the cock of a 400 pound juiced up gorilla, cellulite supremacist, that’s fine. However, I have seen people do 3 times bodyweight raw. He weighs 400 pounds for fuck’s sake!”

LOL Why don’t you work the Wilks points for Andy Bolton’s WR deadlift. Someone whos’s 60kg lifting 180 is somehow a greater feet of strength. Jog on pal LOL!

Comparison of lifts based only on BW inherantly favour smaller lifters, hence equations were formulated for this purpose.

Personally, and like most others, I am impressed by both relative and absolute displays of strength.

My best beltless DL is 255kg @90kg compared to best comp lift of 260. I havn’t done a heavy squat without a belt, but would guess it would be 10kg less than my best comp lift (220kg)