RAW Squat 720x5!

CRisenhoover,
Although I have not met the man, I have seen him bench and squat in person at Iron Island. I doubt that he is doing a slow eccentric for maximum muscle growth. On his bench, his lowering is quite slow as well.

My best bet is that he simply just sets up better and “knows where he is,” so to speak. Check out Garry Frank’s bench press clips on Irongame. He has a very slow lowering as well. Anyway, I finally found a good gym to train at every Saturday! FINALLY! They got all the toys and I am meeting a lot of cool generous people there.

[quote]BradleyGrunner wrote:
I saw John Burnore squat yesterday at Iron Island. The man is just scary strong![/quote]

Is this the gym that’s owned by Dr. Ken Leistner?

Iron ISland GYm? How much does he weigh?

why doesn’t the link work?

[quote]jlesk68 wrote:
ZEB wrote:
Keep in mind: “when you’re weak you’re strong.”

2 Corinthians 12:9, Paul

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. [/quote]

I believe Frank Stallone who said that…not this Corinthians guy.

[quote]nolecat wrote:
jlesk68 wrote:
ZEB wrote:
Keep in mind: “when you’re weak you’re strong.”

2 Corinthians 12:9, Paul

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

I believe Frank Stallone who said that…not this Corinthians guy. [/quote]

No, the Apostle Paul was around a long time before Frank Stallone. Also the next verse:

2 Corinthians 12:10 - Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

And I have a feeling they’re making a reference to Paul instead of Stallone, based on them saying “Praise God” after the set, etc.

I think Mark Henry used to lift raw.
He pulled over 900 and squatted a grand. He may have used equipment but I’m not sure?

Dr. Ken used to own Iron Island. Now Ralph Raiola does. If you powerlift or do strongman on LI, it’s the place to go. Plenty of big, strong boys.

Yes, it used to be owned by Ken Leistner. I am not sure how much John weighs but from looking at him, he must be somewhere around 350 pounds. His thighs are probably heavier than some petite women.
Anyway, if anyone is living in LI, particuarly Eastern LI, and wants to form some type of lifting squat/team/circle/reference group (whatever the heck term you like), I would very much like you to contact me. I have chosen to take up powerlifting seriously this year and am open to helping others and receiving some good advice as well. I am new to Eastern LI. I now live in Stony Brook to complete my dietetic internship and masters at SUNY Stony Brook Hospital. I hope to hear from some of you. Anyway, I am going to watch a PL meet on Saturday for the first time in Middle Village, Queens. I will report back with what I see.