RAW Squat 720x5!

This is John Benor, he’s a beast…

http://168.144.38.254/720x5.wmv

WOW

Very impressive indeed.

Holey Moley!

Bravo! Notice the form remained for the most part intact! Hats off!

you also have to take into account that the Maroon 5 music in the backround must have made that 720 feel like 800.

all those big guys hanging out, and then that skinny dude walks up to say “wow” makes it almost comical… damn impressive none-the-less

[quote]KiloSprinter wrote:
you also have to take into account that the Maroon 5 music in the backround must have made that 720 feel like 800.[/quote]

Good point!

Keep in mind: “when you’re weak you’re strong.”

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Keep in mind: “when you’re weak you’re strong.”[/quote]

2 Corinthians 12:9, Paul

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

[quote]KiloSprinter wrote:
you also have to take into account that the Maroon 5 music in the backround must have made that 720 feel like 800.[/quote]

Untrue, you can see after the 4th rep he taps into the awesome music to get the 5th.

Christ

what is the raw squat record?

[quote]jlesk68 wrote:
ZEB wrote:
Keep in mind: “when you’re weak you’re strong.”

2 Corinthians 12:9, Paul

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. [/quote]

Very Good! A+

James Searcy claims to perform 905lb raw for a few reps, and a friend of mine, Judd Biasiotto, who set the world squat record in the 135’s years ago, said he saw Fred Hatfield at an exhibition squat 905 for an easy triple with no equipment. Not sure about a one rep max though.

well…

if anyone needs me I’ll be squatting.

[quote]WguitarG wrote:
James Searcy claims to perform 905lb raw for a few reps, and a friend of mine, Judd Biasiotto, who set the world squat record in the 135’s years ago, said he saw Fred Hatfield at an exhibition squat 905 for an easy triple with no equipment. Not sure about a one rep max though. [/quote]

LOL, I’m pretty sure there’s no such thing as ‘an easy triple with 905’, but that would fucking impressive.

I wonder if he was counting his TUT to make sure the eccentric lasted the appropriate time for maxium muscle growth?

I love raw deomonstrations of POWER. Especially the last rep. You can see that the form was taking a bit of a hit on 4, and many probably would have racked the weight then. But he dug deep, went back in the hole, and drove out as if his life depended on it. that is POWER.

[quote]CaptainLogic wrote:
LOL, I’m pretty sure there’s no such thing as ‘an easy triple with 905’[/quote]

You don’t know Fred I see :slight_smile:

I know Shane H. has done 925 for an explosive “dive bomb” style single. I’d say ass to grass, but, well, parallel IS ass to grass for a guy his size. Not sure of any above that.

-Dan

I saw John Burnore squat yesterday at Iron Island. The man is just scary strong!