Raw Powerlifting

I had my first powerlifting meet in December 2011, and have been hooked ever since. I’m Currently training for a powerlifting meet on June 30th. I’m aiming to drop a weight class, which I have been right on track for, while beating my previous total.

I was about 207lbs in January, and I am currently at about 187. I’m going for the 181lb weight class, so it shouldn’t be a problem.

My previous lifts were
December (USAPL)
Weight class: 198
Squat: 335
Bench: 250
Deadlift: 450
Total: 1035

Goals for next competition are
June 30th (100% raw)
Weight class: 181
Squat: 375
Bench: 265
Deadlift: 475
Total: 1115

The next post is about my history, feel free to skip to go right into the training logs.

I got into lifting a couple of years ago to lose weight. I was tipping the scales at about 280lbs, and was sick of always being the fat guy. I lost about 100lbs, and gained some strength, but was having trouble losing weight any further. I ended up cutting too much food, while lifting heavy, and I had a bunch of problems with hormone levels.

Doctors were pretty much useless, and it was myself who discovered that it was my diet, since they didn’t even really ask about it. I decided to bulk, and pounded back the milk, steak, and eggs. After gaining 30lbs I competed in my first powerlifting competition and now I am determined to break records, even if it takes until I’m in the 70 year old age category. I’ve learned a lot along the way, and I know that I still have much to learn in my journey to put my name in the books.