T Nation

Raw Lifting Numbers

i about 7 weeks out from my 3rd meet ever,and i’m struggling with the numbers i want. i’m looking to pull 600, squat 600, and bench 400. in my training, all are very reachable and would be pr’s-im really ganna have to lift my ass off. but at 242lb and raw as aposed to geared lifters those numbers seem small. is there an elite number out ther for raw lifers? geared lifters i think is 1935 total.or should i go a little bigger to take a chance?

http://209.85.141.104/search?q=cache:v1sCcFXG4swJ:www.rawpowerlifting.com/pdf/RAWClassificationStandards.pdf+powerlifting+elite+raw+totals&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&client=firefox-a

link to the deadlift records for the raw feds?

Those “raw” numbers are for single-ply. How much does that add to the lifts? Just curious, I don’t want “raw-nerd” or “gear-ass” debates.

http://www.rawpowerlifting.com/pdf/RAWClassificationStandards.pdf

100% Raw is single ply?

For no-gear at all records, check out http://www.pikitup.com

That’s for the ADAU. They’re all drug-tested, no wrap, no shirt, no suit, wrestling singlet only lifts (ok, ok, some people might have worn a 4 inch belt). The records are a pretty good representation of good unequiped and drug tested lifts.

[quote]Cesium wrote:
Those “raw” numbers are for single-ply. How much does that add to the lifts? Just curious, I don’t want “raw-nerd” or “gear-ass” debates.[/quote]

What are you talking about?

[quote]gone heavy wrote:
http://209.85.141.104/search?q=cache:v1sCcFXG4swJ:www.rawpowerlifting.com/pdf/RAWClassificationStandards.pdf+powerlifting+elite+raw+totals&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&client=firefox-a
[/quote]
thanks for the site, it answered my question Gone Heavy. and as far as i new and it also is stated on the same site. Raw Lifting is a Singlet and weight belt only. no wraps at all. and most drug test, just depends on the federation.

[quote]Hanley wrote:
Cesium wrote:
Those “raw” numbers are for single-ply. How much does that add to the lifts? Just curious, I don’t want “raw-nerd” or “gear-ass” debates.

What are you talking about?[/quote]

Oops, my bad. I read “single ply” instead of “singlet”. Thats what early morning foruming will do for ya.

[quote]Cesium wrote:
Hanley wrote:
Cesium wrote:

What are you talking about?

I didn’t realize I was stuttering. Sorry.[/quote]

The “raw” numbers are NOT for single ply. It clearly states at the bottom of the page what “equipment” is used.

[quote]rawdog77 wrote:
i about 7 weeks out from my 3rd meet ever,and i’m struggling with the numbers i want. i’m looking to pull 600, squat 600, and bench 400. in my training, all are very reachable and would be pr’s-im really ganna have to lift my ass off. but at 242lb and raw as aposed to geared lifters those numbers seem small. is there an elite number out ther for raw lifers? geared lifters i think is 1935 total.or should i go a little bigger to take a chance?[/quote]

I am not exactly sure what you are asking but to me those numbers are great for a raw lifter at 242, especially for your third meet. For example if you did those numbers you would have placed 3rd at this year’s USAPL Raw Nationals which is a pretty impressive accomplishment, and a 1600 total would have been higher than the winning numbers in 220 and 198. So go for those numbers and if you get them try to improve on them next meet.

[quote]Tim Henriques wrote:
rawdog77 wrote:
i about 7 weeks out from my 3rd meet ever,and i’m struggling with the numbers i want. i’m looking to pull 600, squat 600, and bench 400. in my training, all are very reachable and would be pr’s-im really ganna have to lift my ass off. but at 242lb and raw as aposed to geared lifters those numbers seem small. is there an elite number out ther for raw lifers? geared lifters i think is 1935 total.or should i go a little bigger to take a chance?

I am not exactly sure what you are asking but to me those numbers are great for a raw lifter at 242, especially for your third meet. For example if you did those numbers you would have placed 3rd at this year’s USAPL Raw Nationals which is a pretty impressive accomplishment, and a 1600 total would have been higher than the winning numbers in 220 and 198. So go for those numbers and if you get them try to improve on them next meet.[/quote]

those are awesome raw numbers. i’m coming back from some injuries, but i’m a 275er and i’m hoping for something close to an 1800 total at the World’s, so those numbers are great.

[quote]Tim Henriques wrote:
rawdog77 wrote:

I am not exactly sure what you are asking but to me those numbers are great for a raw lifter at 242, especially for your third meet. For example if you did those numbers you would have placed 3rd at this year’s USAPL Raw Nationals which is a pretty impressive accomplishment, and a 1600 total would have been higher than the winning numbers in 220 and 198. So go for those numbers and if you get them try to improve on them next meet.[/quote]i started typing this thing out and forgot what thought/question i was after, then when i was finished i didnt read it. but i remember now. the numbers i looking to get “what would be a good opener for all 3 lifts keeping in mind i want to get 600,400,600”. shit took me 3 days to remember that- i never said i was the sharpest tool in the shed, just a tool…ha

thanx maraudermeat, i havent got those numbers yet, but im so close only a meet setting can get me so psyched that on that dayi’m ganna fukn crush’m. good luck on ur come back

This may sound like a dumb question - but what do the different classes(the class I, II, III, and IV) stand for on the rankings?

[quote]bt_impaler wrote:
This may sound like a dumb question - but what do the different classes(the class I, II, III, and IV) stand for on the rankings?[/quote]

that’s the nice way of saying you are weaker than the class above it. Elite is the top then you drop from there.

So do you then compete against others within that class or is it one giant competition? I’d like to compete someday, and I wanted to know if you just registered yourself in one of the lower classes if you knew your total was around the ones on the chart.

[quote]bt_impaler wrote:
So do you then compete against others within that class or is it one giant competition? I’d like to compete someday, and I wanted to know if you just registered yourself in one of the lower classes if you knew your total was around the ones on the chart. [/quote]

No, you compete against everyone. The ranking system isn’t used to figure out who you are up against. Rankings aren’t even mentioned in the registration. You register by weight class, equipment used, and age class (if applicable)

It could just as easily be ranked: Really Sucks, Sucks, Doesn’t Suck quite so much, Ok, Good, Elite. Or something more politically correct.

What Meat is saying is that basically you are either Elite or not. If you aren’t, then keep working. :wink:

[quote]Modi wrote:
bt_impaler wrote:
So do you then compete against others within that class or is it one giant competition? I’d like to compete someday, and I wanted to know if you just registered yourself in one of the lower classes if you knew your total was around the ones on the chart.

No, you compete against everyone. The ranking system isn’t used to figure out who you are up against. Rankings aren’t even mentioned in the registration. You register by weight class, equipment used, and age class (if applicable)

It could just as easily be ranked: Really Sucks, Sucks, Doesn’t Suck quite so much, Ok, Good, Elite. Or something more politically correct.

What Meat is saying is that basically you are either Elite or not. If you aren’t, then keep working. ;)[/quote]

Hah, okay, now I get it. Well, I’m sure as hell a lifetime away from elite. Once I set some personal goals, I’d like to compete - at least that way I won’t go in there making a total ass out of myself.

[quote]bt_impaler wrote:

Hah, okay, now I get it. Well, I’m sure as hell a lifetime away from elite. Once I set some personal goals, I’d like to compete - at least that way I won’t go in there making a total ass out of myself.

[/quote]

don’t be that guy… just get out there and try one. most people think like that and that’s why they NEVER do it. you will never be ready if you wait until you think you are.

real powerlifting is just about beating your last meet numbers. the real champions compete against themselves and could care less what everyone else is doing.

sign up for one, get some numbers on the board and then the skies the limit. there’s a powerlifting saying that" gym numbers are all worth zero". the reason for that is that they aren’t worth shit unless you do it on the platform.

and trust me, you aren’t going to make an ass out of yourself. 99% of the powerlifters that you meet are going to be very supportive of you and if you make it nown that you are a first timer, everyone will help you out.

it’s a big family and everyone cheers you on. it’s not like these internet forums where everyone is bashing everyone else. these internet trolls are the way they are because they’ve never had the balls to get out there and compete so they bash everyone els.

just take the plunge…don’t think about it. you will be hooked.