Raw Eggs vs. Cooked

A few months ago I ate scrambled eggs on a regular basis, and developed an allergy. Now, I still have the allergic reactions to scrambled eggs (itchy throat, coughing, flatulance, indigestion, bloating, etc…) however with raw eggs I don’t.

Why is it that scrambled eggs can cause me so many problems, while raw eggs don’t?

maybe its the type of pan…what do raw eggs taste like?

You may get allergic when the yolk gets cooked. So when you fry them leave the yolk raw and just let the white get cooked before you turn the heat off. The other options are soft-boiled or raw in shakes.

The protein in cooked eggs is significantly more bioavailable than the protein in raw eggs, or so I’ve heard.

[quote]dudinator wrote:
A few months ago I ate scrambled eggs on a regular basis, and developed an allergy. Now, I still have the allergic reactions to scrambled eggs (itchy throat, coughing, flatulance, indigestion, bloating, etc…) however with raw eggs I don’t.

Why is it that scrambled eggs can cause me so many problems, while raw eggs don’t?[/quote]

Cooking alters protein structure and some people don’t tolerate some kind of cooked protein. Milk and eggs are the most known food which can trigger an allergic reaction when cooked.

Toss a couple raw eggs into a blender with whatever kind of shake/smoothie you make, they don’t taste bad and really add to the shake.

Also theres a minuscule chance you’ll get salmonella from them, but if you are worried about that kind of thing wash the eggs in soapy water first. The salmonella is usually on the shell and in the extra extra rare case it’s inside, the egg will look pretty unhealthy.

Cooking,denaturates the proteins in the eggs.And bioavaiblity in cooked eggs is 91% and in raw eggs about 51%.BUT I always drink raw eggs because sometimes its just easier.Have your eggs raw buddy ,nothing wrong with that…

Im not here to give advice in any way, because my body is not worthy…yet.

But Ive been taking 4 raw eggs every morning for the past 2 months with no issues what so ever.

• I make sure its not expired, or cracked
  • Then give it the sniff test, should smell like nothing

weird.

maybe you could buy the carton of egg whites?

You should never ever eat raw eggs! Read this:
Raw egg: Uncooked, unpasteurized egg. Salmonella enteritidis, a harmful bacterium, can be transmitted from infected hens directly to the interior of their eggs before the shells are formed. Even eggs with clean, uncracked shells can be infected. The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) now estimate that 1 egg in 20,000 may be contaminated. Although the number of eggs affected is quite small, there have been a number of cases of foodborne illness related to infected eggs.

A person infected with Salmonella enteritidis usually has fever, abdominal cramps, and diarrhea beginning 12 to 72 hours after consuming the contaminated egg. The illness usually lasts 4 to 7 days. Although most people recover fully, the diarrhea may require hospitalization. The elderly, infants, and those with impaired immune systems may have a more severe illness. In them, the infection may spread from the intestines to the blood stream, and then to other body sites and cause death unless the infection is treated promptly with antibiotics.

If eggs are thoroughly cooked, the Salmonella are destroyed. Many dishes made in restaurants or commercial or institutional kitchens, however, are made from pooled eggs. If 500 eggs are pooled, one batch in 20 will be contaminated and everyone who eats eggs from that batch is at risk.

Shell eggs are safest when stored in the refrigerator, individually and thoroughly cooked, and promptly consumed. The larger the number of Salmonella present in the egg, the more likely it is to cause illness. Keeping eggs well refrigerated prevents any Salmonella present in the eggs from growing to higher numbers, so eggs should be held refrigerated until they are needed.

Cooking reduces the number of bacteria present in an egg. Undercooked egg whites and yolks have been associated with outbreaks of Salmonella enteritidis infections. Both should be consumed promptly and not be held in the temperature range of 40 to 140 degrees F for more than 2 hours, according to the CDC.

The CDC also recommends discarding cracked or dirty eggs; washing hands and cooking utensils with soap and water after contact with raw eggs; avoiding eating raw eggs as in homemade ice cream or eggnog; and avoiding restaurant dishes made with raw or undercooked unpasteurized eggs. (Knowing whether a restaurant has used raw eggs may not be easy.)

If you are worried about salmonella just get carton of egg whites/egg beaters. They are usually treated with UV to kill off salmonella so they are fine to drink raw.

[quote]brauny96 wrote:
maybe its the type of pan…what do raw eggs taste like?[/quote]

not really a taste more of a texture

I find raw eggs dont much taste like anything

Yeah so maybe 1 in 20,000 eggs have it…even so there are often signs that an egg has it before eating it. And, unless you’re weak and frail or have no immune system, it might amount to a little indigestion…big whoopdeedooh. Your chances of getting food poisoning from eating out are more likely. All aboard the paranoid train…passengers always welcome! Oh hey…watch out for that west nile and swine flu on your trip!

If you have them in a shake it adds a little saltiness but the egg taste doesn’t get that strong until you add 3 or more eggs at a time. Oh and if I’m not mistaken the yolk is more bioavailable uncooked and the white is better cooked. So poached eggs are eggs over easy would be the ideal compromise.

better yet try this 2x The Protein Of An Egg
Carnation® Instant Breakfast

JMAX you are a fool and do not know much about eating healthy it only takes one time do you want to be the one? when There are a lot better ways to get protein! Why would you want to risk it? for what? Your answer was foolish.

. Salmonellosis is an infection caused by the bacteria Salmonella. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), salmonellosis causes an estimated 1.4 million cases of foodborne illness and more than 500 deaths annually in the United States. The Surveillance Report from the Food Diseases Active Surveillance (FoodNet) for 2004, identified Salmonella as the most common bacterial infection reported. (42% Salmonella, 37% Campylobacter, 15% Shigella, 2.6% E. coli O157:H7, and 3.4% others such as Yersinia, Listeria, and Vibrio).

can someone tell me what Salmonella smells like. I’m not talking about rotten eggs.Eggs do not have to smell bad to have Salmonella! Nor do they have to be crack or dirty. If you are not looking under a microscope how can you tell? The answer is you can not.There are a lot of better ways to get good healthy protein then eating raw eggs!!!

( Salmonellosis is an infection caused by the bacteria Salmonella. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), salmonellosis causes an estimated 1.4 million cases of foodborne illness and more than 500 deaths annually in the United States. The Surveillance Report from the Food Diseases Active Surveillance (FoodNet) for 2004, identified Salmonella as the most common bacterial infection reported. 42% Salmonella, 37% Campylobacter, 15% Shigella, 2.6% E. coli O157:H7, and 3.4% others such as Yersinia, Listeria, and Vibrio).

I like eggs an they are good for you if they are cooked right! I REITERATE DO NOT EAT RAW EGGS!!! There is no reason too.

[quote]Ben641964 wrote:
can someone tell me what Salmonella smells like. I’m not talking about rotten eggs.Eggs do not have to smell bad to have Salmonella! Nor do they have to be crack or dirty. If you are not looking under a microscope how can you tell? The answer is you can not.There are a lot of better ways to get good healthy protein then eating raw eggs!!![/quote]

why is everyone scared of salmonella anyways.

so you have the runs for a while deal with it.

we are getting soft if everything you eat has to be sanitized and stuff before eating it.

every think the reason why we are so soft and frail is because we are scared to expose ourselves to everyday things?

[quote]Ben641964 wrote:
I like eggs an they are good for you if they are cooked right! I REITERATE DO NOT EAT RAW EGGS!!! There is no reason too.[/quote]

OMG!!!

do you hunt?
fish?
do you do or have you done any type of labor?

eating raw eggs are fine.

infact I am a mechanic,by trade
at work you can see me stuffing down jerky and ham sandwiches without washing my hands
wating almonds out of a can that is as greasy as my tool box.
I see greasy fingerprints on my sandwich and I gladly eat it all.
this is knowing there are germs from dirt and cancer causing agents in the grease an diesel fuel that I am ingesting.
am I going to take the time to cook my food to the proper temp, and nit pick with stuff like this and scrub up till I am ready for the OR just to eat my food?

no and I have never been sick from something I ate.

damnit man stop being a friggen girl.