Raw eggs in your shake

I was watching a powerlifting video and this dude ( big as shit ) put milk, glutamine, muscle milk, and raw eggs for his shake. I was thinking about trying it a few times but thought it would be disgusting. Anyone ever try that? I know it’s and old thing but I completely forgot about doing that

Raw, straight outta the shell… you get used to it.

If it’s mixed in with other shit in a shake, it shouldn’t be an issue.

Man up and drink up! :slight_smile:

I know zraw would put egg whites in his shake (or drink it straight). Honestly, I don’t really see a benefit or harm from doing this.

Just the yolks can make an awesome dessert like shake depending on the protein. You can also make pudding like dessert this way.

If you are unlucky you can get salmonella from eating raw eggs :\

Guess I’ll have to try it sometime. Does it taste like shit? I’d imagine it would

[quote]Mike__Madden wrote:
Guess I’ll have to try it sometime. Does it taste like shit? I’d imagine it would [/quote]

It really doesn’t taste like much. The gooey texture is the gross part to me.

We have a traditional serbian dessert called “snenokle” which means eggs in snow.

Here is a recipe:

My grandmother still makes this. It tastes unbelieveable. But obviously it’s not that physique friendly.

But you can probably make this substituting erythritol sweetener for the sugar. Use less egg yolks as well as skim milk instead of whole.

I’ve sweetened raw egg yolks before with some sweetener and cinnamon then added them to say cottage cheese for a dessert tasted great.

Pretty sure the only risk of salmonella is from the egg shells being dirty and transferring…don’t quote me on that though. I blend eggs into my shakes all the time, gives it a richer and creamy taste, almost like homemade eggnog. To put it simply, I’m a fan.

Make sure you use pasteurized eggs or you run the risk of salmonella poisoning…
I’ve had it before and its awful

Ughh. I have raw food phobia. Know too many people that got parasites.

Egg beaters FTW

I eat 7 extra large raw eggs in my shake every morning, been eating raw eggs since high school, over 30 years ago. Get over it and do it, just make sure they are the good Omega 3 eggs.

I honestly think the risk of salmonella is over-stated.

I consumed probably just under/over 1,500 raw eggs last year alone and I have never ever gotten salmonella once.

Please note: I am guesstimating how many raw eggs I consumed but I usually drank at the very least 3 dozen raw eggs a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I got egged out like 2 months ago and slowed down a lot, though. They’re such a cheap source of protein… I think everybody should take advantage of them though.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
I eat raw eggs in my shakes all the time – for years and years and years with no problems.

I DO wash my eggs with soap and water before cracking them.[/quote]

Bingo. We do this as well… especially in summer when we get our eggs from a local farm (the farmer washes the eggs before crating, but we wash 'em at home anyway).

[quote]krazykoukides wrote:
I honestly think the risk of salmonella is over-stated.

I consumed probably just under/over 1,500 raw eggs last year alone and I have never ever gotten salmonella once.

Please note: I am guesstimating how many raw eggs I consumed but I usually drank at the very least 3 dozen raw eggs a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I got egged out like 2 months ago and slowed down a lot, though. They’re such a cheap source of protein… I think everybody should take advantage of them though.[/quote]

Well it’s quite the lottery. Statistics wise 1 in every 20 000eggs has salmonella.

http://news.discovery.com/human/health/egg-salmonella-bacteria.htm

no need to be scared, though I would cook the eggs for little children / elderly.

usually 6 raw every day… i chase it with some 0 calorie lemonaide or a sip of diet dew just to break up the sludge. 8oz egg whites are a snack most days too.

I eat 15 raw eggs almost everyday…mainly because its easier and faster than cooking them.

Eggs + Milk + 1 or 2 scoops of Protien = delicious.