Rattlehead's Virgin Contest Prep Thread

I was gonna leave this until i finished my exams in May but I feel I need the help now!

Basics are:

1. I’m prepping for a mens health cover model comp (treating it like a real bodybuilding show)
  2. To get in I need to send 3 pictures (Face, Torso and Face & Whole Body)
  3. The pictures will probably be required to be sent in late June
  4. 15 finalists are chosen and are then required to go for a photoshoot day where 5 are chosen to be the contestants, this photoshoot will be in London, 8 hour trip for me to get there.

Since this is my first time ever dieting I am fucking shitting my pants and need all the help I can get.

My questions/problems I need you guys to help me with are:

Will I be lean enough come June?
Will I be “too” lean for this style of comp come June?
How do I hold onto conditioning over a span of maybe 2-3 weeks?
How do I peak twice carb and water wise?
Should I even manipulate carbs and water?
Suggestions on poses that show off my strengths and hide weaknesses
Any input on my current nutrition and training that can help as well as what I should do regarding photoshoots

AND most importantly, should I even enter the contest? (will attach pictures of previous winners)

Please give me any help you think is suitable :slight_smile:

Stats

Height: 6 foot 1
Weight: 161.8 After one Week of Get Shredded
Years Training : 3
Training split: Chest & Delts/ Back/ Rest/ Arms/ Legs/ Rest/ Rest. Do abs everyday.
Cardio: 30 mins steady state fasted on Rest Days, 15 mins Steady State post workout

Diet (Based on Get Shredded Diet) 1640Kcal

Meal 1 - 1 can of Tuna, Veg, 3 teaspoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon Peanut Butter, 3 Fishoils, 2 Evening Primrose Oil. Serving of HOT-ROX and Se7ven.
Meal 2 - 120g Steamed Chicken, Veg, 5 teaspoons Peanut Butter
Meal 3 - Repeat of Meal 1
Meal 4 - Repeat of Meal 2

Workout Nutrition - I take 5g Luecine and 30g of Hydrolysed during my workout, i take the same amount of protein in one shake immediately after fasted cardio on rest days

PREVIOUS WINNER 1

PREVIOUS WINNER 2

LAST YEARS WINNER

This was me 12 days ago, dropped 2lbs since then.

Avi picture was taken today 24 April

I know to some that this may seem like a shit goal for fags that want hawt abz and the likes but I wanted to do it because it provided me a great/realistic goal to aim for when I was injured and suffering from depression PLUS would be awesome to be on a magazine cover at 21 just to imagine the potential gains for aged 31!

Can you do a ‘standing relaxed’ pose type front shot so we can see where you are? Doesnt look like musclularity or leanness really is at play here as much as muscle shape and genetic symmetry layout is. At least from what i can see.

Apparently you need to wear sagging skinny jeans and try and look as disinterested as possible after forgetting to shave.

Last year?s guy looks pretty damn lean.

[quote]Waittz wrote:
Can you do a ‘standing relaxed’ pose type front shot so we can see where you are? Doesnt look like musclularity or leanness really is at play here as much as muscle shape and genetic symmetry layout is. At least from what i can see.[/quote]

Give me a sec and I will get some off my iphone onto photobucket!

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:
This was me 12 days ago, dropped 2lbs since then.

Avi picture was taken today 24 April

I know to some that this may seem like a shit goal for fags that want hawt abz and the likes but I wanted to do it because it provided me a great/realistic goal to aim for when I was injured and suffering from depression PLUS would be awesome to be on a magazine cover at 21 just to imagine the potential gains for aged 31![/quote]

And who gives a flying fuck about what others think about your goals. Do it for yourself. If you want to do it, it is enough to do it.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Apparently you need to wear sagging skinny jeans and try and look as disinterested as possible after forgetting to shave.

Last year?s guy looks pretty damn lean.[/quote]

hahah. its the pretty boy pose, i have that shit down pat. You need to try it now that you are all ripped up and sexytime.

Last years dude looks pretty legit, serious obliques there.

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:
Can you do a ‘standing relaxed’ pose type front shot so we can see where you are? Doesnt look like musclularity or leanness really is at play here as much as muscle shape and genetic symmetry layout is. At least from what i can see.[/quote]

Give me a sec and I will get some off my iphone onto photobucket![/quote]

here is front sort of relaxed 12 days ago, my right pec is my main worry in all of this.

I have noticed however if i spend adequate time pumping it up by itself than both of them the difference is negligible

Video coverage of 2011 finalist day to see the range of people that can get in the top 15

you are going to need to change your posing style. they arent looking for muscularity displays, but a streamlined ‘pretty’ look.

[quote]Waittz wrote:
you are going to need to change your posing style. they arent looking for muscularity displays, but a streamlined ‘pretty’ look. [/quote]

Do you think my sort of relaxed one is still too agressive?

I’m gonna do the side chest one as my torsa & face pic but change it to my right arm being straight and hand on hamstring like one of of the previous winners

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:
you are going to need to change your posing style. they arent looking for muscularity displays, but a streamlined ‘pretty’ look. [/quote]

I’m gonna do the side chest one as my torsa & face pic but change it to my right arm being straight and hand on hamstring like one of of the previous winners[/quote]

yes. Look in the video at the three main poses they use to judge. copy those and maximise your body at those angles.

You’re in great shape man.

However, this is really just a fit pretty boy contest. Those guys are exceptionally handsome. That, coupled with their lean physiques is why they won.

[quote]Waittz wrote:

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:

[quote]Waittz wrote:

I’m gonna do the side chest one as my torsa & face pic but change it to my right arm being straight and hand on hamstring like one of of the previous winners[/quote]

yes. Look in the video at the three main poses they use to judge. copy those and maximise your body at those angles. [/quote]

Took a quick pic before head off for a shower, pretty shitty lighting.

That kinda more of the idea?

Shocked out how tiny i can look without carbs, a pump and good lighting ha

[quote]ironmanzvw wrote:
You’re in great shape man.

However, this is really just a fit pretty boy contest. Those guys are exceptionally handsome. That, coupled with their lean physiques is why they won.[/quote]

Thanks for the compliment.

Oh I am under no false pretences regarding the pretty boy factor, but a lot of the top 15 contestants I have seen were not actually handsome so I feel I have some hope ha.

I’m just kinda gutted I have to play into their hands with getting a slightly trendy hair cut and minimal beard

Dude, you’ve only got a little more than 9 weeks, that’s not enough time.

To grow the stubble, I mean.

j/k, good luck, I’ll be following.