Rattlehead: How Do You Train?

i want to hear what the ripped Scottish man does and or previously did to get where he is now :wink:

[quote]ryan.b_96 wrote:
i want to hear what the ripped Scottish man does and or previously did to get where he is now ;)[/quote]

He actually has a nice prep log about his current training and diet in the bodybuilding forum. It is a great read. Not to take anything from this actual thread, just pointed out it is worth a look. Guy has come a long way!

I’ve been following his prep for quite a while. He has made great progress.

Well hopefully this wasn’t created in irony since I do look like a f

Will post on Sunday, only have my iPhone right now and it’s a pain in the ass!

[quote]RATTLEHEAD wrote:
Will post on Sunday, only have my iPhone right now and it’s a pain in the ass![/quote]

Edit got five mins;

My prep log contains a lot of what I do and believe in nutrition wise

I love 5/3/1, literally owe any and all progress I’ve made to the basic strength template and how adaptable it is to differing accessory choices

I generally don’t buy the hype with new styles of training and stuff and agree with authors that say you should look for the common shared areas in all program’s as they are stuff that work (movements, rep ranges and even nutrition etc.)

My favourite template for accessory work on 5/3/1 was given to me from my training partner who talked it over with dave fisher the former ifbb pro, his reasoning was Coleman was such a monster because he trained all rep ranges so i would go from 8-20 reps on all major movements

I’ve never used machines, think everyone should be able to do at least 10 chins, front squats>back squats, high rep deads did more for traps then shrugs ever have, military press did fantastic things for my shoulder development considering I never done L raises until recently, don’t be lazy with warming up and stretching

Nutrition/getting shredded wise best advice I can give is learn to love the hunger and be methodical as fuck, any time I’ve stalled getting bigger or leaner it turned out I wasn’t eating as much macros as I thought(protein normally) so count your macros, there’s no excuse.

Eat the same thing every day, steamed chicken is the best for ease of cooking and consumption and I highly believe the reason I got fat after my injury was because of over use of shakes believing that I could cram a shit load of carbs in my workout window and get away with it

I really hope your not serious that you think you got fat because you got protein from shakes instead of chicken…

[quote]Mtag666 wrote:
I really hope your not serious that you think you got fat because you got protein from shakes instead of chicken…[/quote]

You blind? I specifically said carbs

Was just reading that skewed self image thread and had some thoughts regarding this thread.

In all honesty I am pretty much a beginner and without a doubt a large majority of posters on this site are far more developed/stronger as well as more accomplished than I am.

Because of that I genuinely feel I have little insight of value to add with this thread, but by all means check in my contest thread to see some stringy natty lanky muscle and have a chat!