Rather Workout than be in a Relationship?

I’m afraid I can’t relate. No man has ever complained about the effort I put into my body.

How long have you been together? I’d probably bail, or as OE suggests above lay down the law. On the other hand, how long have you been lifting? Is it a new passion? In which case you may need to have conversations, or something.

I don’t need to be with someone who does what I do, I just need the person I’m with to understand and respect its importance to me.

this thread makes me depressed

please dump her today if you haven’t already

I’m so curious to see what this chick looks like.

[quote]Tri delta wrote:

[quote]Brett620 wrote:
Invite her to come to the gym. Tell her it’s something you can do ‘together’.

If she can’t take you working out for an hour or so a day 5-6 times a week, fuck it move on. If not, she will find something else to bitch about. [/quote]

She’s not interested in working out and you are so right, she’ll bitch about something else. Life is too short to now be happy so I’m gonna say fuck it and cut my losses.[/quote]

Even if you had decided to stay with her, either having conceded to your ex-girlfriend’s irrational demand to stop exercising or convinced her to deal with it, you would have ended up dumping her down the line anyway.

She outweighs you by 55 lbs. at 230, and being that size hints at her mindset and how she thinks about food and physical activity. You “having a strong interest in fitness” would be in near-constant conflict with her from activities you want to do together, places to eat to enjoy each other’s company, and where to vacation. A person’s fitness, or lack thereof, influences many parts of their lives. Also, if you’re one of those people whose mood is elevated by exercise and/or finds joy in physical challenges, had you stopped working out to satisfy her you’d end up transforming into a sloppy sack of misery and resentment.

Ending the relationship now is doing both of you a favor.

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:
I’m afraid I can’t relate. No man has ever complained about the effort I put into my body.

How long have you been together? I’d probably bail, or as OE suggests above lay down the law. On the other hand, how long have you been lifting? Is it a new passion? In which case you may need to have conversations, or something.

I don’t need to be with someone who does what I do, I just need the person I’m with to understand and respect its importance to me. [/quote]

It’s going on over a year. She was 160 and working out when we started but her dad got diagnosed with parcratic cancer and she totally fell. And I agree that she doesn’t need to be a fitness lover. She just needs to respect my life style choices. I think it might be the town I live in though. It’s a conservative family town and the common motto is that one need to sacrifice everything for the family. Also it’s considered the most overweight city in Washington. Idk

Those she-beasts pictured need to lay off the drugs, like srsly. God knows what crazy they are when normal crazy women are on the pill.

Also, 230lbs of fat chick and you’re 175lbs? Dude, who needs hip-thrusts in the gym when you have your own home workout machine?? Granted it bitches but nothing stopping you from gagging her/it.

This isn’t exactly rocket science. You’re a constant reminder to her of how she has fallen off, she’s afraid you’re going to dump her and you two look like a fricking odd couple. The solution to all those is for you both to either get fit or get fat and the easiest for her is for you to get fat. I think you should encourage her to take the hard road and get fit. It’s a harder road but an easier argument. After all you know, being fit is good, being fat is bad.

Where in Washington to do live? I wasn’t aware any cities in Washington were considered fat. It’s a pretty fit state. I’m guessing, due to your user name and that it’s kinda potato country, you must be in the Tri-Cities area.

[quote]on edge wrote:
This isn’t exactly rocket science. You’re a constant reminder to her of how she has fallen off, she’s afraid you’re going to dump her and you two look like a fricking odd couple. The solution to all those is for you both to either get fit or get fat and the easiest for her is for you to get fat. I think you should encourage her to take the hard road and get fit. It’s a harder road but an easier argument. After all you know, being fit is good, being fat is bad.

Where in Washington to do live? I wasn’t aware any cities in Washington were considered fat. It’s a pretty fit state. I’m guessing, due to your user name and that it’s kinda potato country, you must be in the Tri-Cities area.[/quote]

Yep that’s it.

Maybe it’s time for a new vehicle? lol

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Or if you like Asian chicks, there’s always Zhou Lulu, weighing in at a svelte 289 pounds.

Yes, she can, in fact, clean and jerk what you deadlift. Doesn’t make you any less of a man. [/quote]
I noticed you neglected to mention the heaviest female snatch in the world, belonging to Tatiana Kashirina. Of course, she weighs in at a petit 225 pounds, so she may well be too small for the OP. And yes that is 333 pounds she just threw over her head like nothing.

Also, it’s Holley Mangold, not Manfield, and oddly enough she’s going to be on The Biggest Loser.

[quote]TheJonty wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
Or if you like Asian chicks, there’s always Zhou Lulu, weighing in at a svelte 289 pounds.

Yes, she can, in fact, clean and jerk what you deadlift. Doesn’t make you any less of a man. [/quote]
I noticed you neglected to mention the heaviest female snatch in the world, belonging to Tatiana Kashirina. Of course, she weighs in at a petit 225 pounds, so she may well be too small for the OP. And yes that is 333 pounds she just threw over her head like nothing.

Also, it’s Holley Mangold, not Manfield, and oddly enough she’s going to be on The Biggest Loser.[/quote]

Yeah, I figured 225 would be just a little too tiny for our OP’s tastes. Mangold. That’s right. Thanks for the correction.

By the way, snickering just a little over “heaviest female snatch in the world”.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

[quote]TheJonty wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

Also, it’s Holley Mangold, not Manfield, and oddly enough she’s going to be on The Biggest Loser.[/quote]

Yeah, I figured 225 would be just a little too tiny for our OP’s tastes. Mangold. That’s right. Thanks for the correction.

By the way, snickering just a little over “heaviest female snatch in the world”.[/quote]

lol, it does look slightly prolapsed!

[quote]Tri delta wrote:

[quote]EmilyQ wrote:

I don’t need to be with someone who does what I do, I just need the person I’m with to understand and respect its importance to me. [/quote]

It’s going on over a year. She was 160 and working out when we started but her dad got diagnosed with parcratic cancer and she totally fell. And I agree that she doesn’t need to be a fitness lover. She just needs to respect my life style choices. I think it might be the town I live in though. It’s a conservative family town and the common motto is that one need to sacrifice everything for the family. Also it’s considered the most overweight city in Washington. Idk[/quote]

How tall?

Troll.

[quote]roybot wrote:
Troll.[/quote]

Well in that case, the height/weight ratio of his gf is probably perfectly normal.

[quote]Tri delta wrote:
My girlfriend always complains about me working out and me having a strong interest in fitness. Anybody ever been in the same boat? It’s my hobby and while I spend time with her everyday for a couple of hours at the very least, but she still complains.

I’m ready to end things so I can workout in peace without someone feeling jealous. I’d rather be happy alone than being with someone at the expense of my passion.[/quote]

Sounds good, someone who truly loved you would encourage you to do your best and pursue your passion, not guilt trip you and try to gain power in the relationship.

[quote]Tri delta wrote:
My girlfriend always complains about me working out and me having a strong interest in fitness. Anybody ever been in the same boat? It’s my hobby and while I spend time with her everyday for a couple of hours at the very least, but she still complains.

I’m ready to end things so I can workout in peace without someone feeling jealous. I’d rather be happy alone than being with someone at the expense of my passion.[/quote]

Dump that shit.
It sounds like she’s trying to bring you down. And I am sure she want’s you to have the body, but miraculously not have to train to get it.
She’s a downer, kick her ass to the curb.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

Hmm. I generally prefer snatch. But this time I’ll choose jerk.
[/quote]

Brilliant!

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

[quote]Varqanir wrote:

Hmm. I generally prefer snatch. But this time I’ll choose jerk.
[/quote]

Brilliant![/quote]

I thought so too. I’ll probably spend the rest of my life jumping at any opportunity to use that line.