Rate this Routine

Does anyone recommend a good split routine then?

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

It’s like the “guy who gave it to you” didn’t know if he wanted to do TBT or push/pull so he did some kind of poor mutant variation.

[/quote]

The rest of the post was good but just a small thing about this part, just a comment.

Trying to create a routine ACCORDING to certain labels is a horrible idea. A routine should be made to hit each bodypart in a calculated manner. The label should be applied AFTER the split and exercises have been selected.

There is no magic in the terms “push” and “pull” or “tbt”. Theyre titles. Like the title of a book. You dont title an essay before you write it. You have an idea what you want to create, you create it, then you label it for easy reference.
[/quote]

True, the exercises in the OP’s routine were selected just to fit a simple template, and should definetely be the other way around, just choosing exercises that will… ooh, I like your wording, “hit each bodypart in a calculated manner.”

I just figured there was some significance in labeling PUSH and PULL.

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

It’s like the “guy who gave it to you” didn’t know if he wanted to do TBT or push/pull so he did some kind of poor mutant variation.

[/quote]

The rest of the post was good but just a small thing about this part, just a comment.

Trying to create a routine ACCORDING to certain labels is a horrible idea. A routine should be made to hit each bodypart in a calculated manner. The label should be applied AFTER the split and exercises have been selected.

There is no magic in the terms “push” and “pull” or “tbt”. Theyre titles. Like the title of a book. You dont title an essay before you write it. You have an idea what you want to create, you create it, then you label it for easy reference.
[/quote]

True, the exercises in the OP’s routine were selected just to fit a simple template, and should definetely be the other way around, just choosing exercises that will… ooh, I like your wording, “hit each bodypart in a calculated manner.”

I just figured there was some significance in labeling PUSH and PULL.[/quote]

Yeah yea I just quoted your post because you brought up the titles and I wanted to explain that. That’s all. You werent wrong or anyhting

[quote]ACatigbe wrote:
I DIDN’T DESIGN THIS ROUTINE. IT WAS GIVEN TO ME BY SOMEONE ELSE. [/quote]

Calm down. No one is calling you stupid or anything. The routine just sucks. Excuse me if I said “your routine” when it’s someone elses. Dont take it personal.

Id recommend a yates 3 way split.

Google it for specifics. Do it 4-5 days a week.

Train your arms.

Something along the lines of

chest/back
arms/delts
legs

would be ok. Throw in ab work where you see fit.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I just figured there was some significance in labeling PUSH and PULL.[/quote]

Yeah yea I just quoted your post because you brought up the titles and I wanted to explain that. That’s all. You werent wrong or anyhting[/quote]

snaps fingers

I know that I’m not wrong.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

[quote]ACatigbe wrote:
I DIDN’T DESIGN THIS ROUTINE. IT WAS GIVEN TO ME BY SOMEONE ELSE. [/quote]

Calm down. No one is calling you stupid or anything. The routine just sucks. Excuse me if I said “your routine” when it’s someone elses. Dont take it personal.

Train your arms.

chest/back
arms/delts
legs

would be ok. Throw in ab work where you see fit. [/quote]

Hey Bonez. I like the split you suggested and was wondering what the chest and back day would look like in terms of set-up, number of exercises, etc. I’m not asking for an exact list of exercises and rep ranges but a general out line of how you would set that up. Sorry for the trouble. And btw, sorry for the hijack op.

I’m considering doing Mark Rippetoe’s starting strength routine. Opinions?

[quote]ACatigbe wrote:
I’m considering doing Mark Rippetoe’s starting strength routine. Opinions? [/quote]

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:

Train your arms.

chest/back
arms/delts
legs

would be ok. Throw in ab work where you see fit. [/quote]

COME ON

[quote]ACatigbe wrote:
I’m considering doing Mark Rippetoe’s starting strength routine. Opinions? [/quote]

I think that you’re arrogant and you like programs from dumb, scrawny people and turn down advice from guys bigger and more knowledgeable than you…

oh, you meant you wanted opinions on doing SS?

Grading system: pass (P) or fail (F)

The program is listed in the bodybuilding section.

The program does not follow the rules for bodybuilding program design set forth in the Bodybuilding Bible thread.

Grade: F

[quote]Nikki9591 wrote:

[quote]ACatigbe wrote:

I think that you’re arrogant and you like programs from dumb, scrawny people and turn down advice from guys bigger and more knowledgeable than you…

oh, you meant you wanted opinions on doing SS?[/quote]

Lol. I see what you did there…another hilarious reply.

[quote]gregron wrote:
I would rate this program as a solid 8… Maybe even a 9

EDIT: scale is out of 100[/quote]

Zing!

I can’t find the Yates 3 way split. And no nikki, I’m not arrogant.

I really don’t want to encourage the hand-holding but…

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding/the_dorian_yates_thread?id=3600848&pageNo=3

I don’t really like Yates’ workout. I’d rather follow this instead.

Thanks for the help Nikki and everyone else. Please don’t think I’m an asshole =(

[quote]ACatigbe wrote:

Thanks for the help Nikki and everyone else. Please don’t think I’m an asshole =([/quote]

Of all the programs to choose as a beginner who never picked up a weight, you choose a program meant for people who have already built muscle and are looking to retain it while they loose fat?

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]ACatigbe wrote:

Thanks for the help Nikki and everyone else. Please don’t think I’m an asshole =([/quote]

Of all the programs to choose as a beginner who never picked up a weight, you choose a program meant for people who have already built muscle and are looking to retain it while they loose fat?[/quote]

Back off motherfucker it sounds really, really cool ; ]

OP, god damn just go down to the nearest junior high school and have one of the football players show you his lifting routine. Fuck

[quote]dnlcdstn wrote:

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:

[quote]ACatigbe wrote:

Of all the programs to choose as a beginner who never picked up a weight, you choose a program meant for people who have already built muscle and are looking to retain it while they loose fat?[/quote]

Back off motherfucker it sounds really, really cool ; ]

OP, god damn just go down to the nearest junior high school and have one of the football players show you his lifting routine. Fuck

[/quote]

NOOOOOO! Thats too easy! I need something complicated with a fancy name! I needz teh muscle confsion plus da creatinez to get hyooooge!

I didn’t realize it was that type of routine.

Do something simple to start.
3X10 for bench press, over head press, squat, pull up, and deadlifts.
3x15 for curls, pressdown etc.

After a month do 5X5 and 4X8 for a month.

After that you should be able to get a good understanding for what works for you.

I’m closing this thread now.