Rate My Workout.

Sorry if this is the forum but all of the others simply didn’t look like the right place to post this tidbit of information. I’d like a few of you guys to rate my workout that i’ve been currently following.

Monday: Legs
superset Thigh Extensions w/ Leg Curls : 4 sets - 8-12 reps.
Squats : 3 sets ? 8-12 reps.
Straight Leg DLs : 4 sets 8-10 reps.

Tuesday: Chest
Incline BB Bench : 3 sets ? 8-12 reps.
Incline DB Bench : 4 sets - 8-12 reps.
Flat Bench : 3 sets 8 - 12 reps
dips : 3 sets ? 10-12 reps

Wednesday: Back
Bent Over Two Dumbell Rows : 3 sets - 10-12 reps
Bent Over Two-Dumbbell Row With Palms-In: 3 sets - 10-12 reps.
Incline Bench Pull : 3 sets - 10 reps
Stiff Leg Barbell Good Morning: 3 sets - 10-12 reps
Stiff-Legged Dumbbell Deadlift: 3 sets - 10-12 reps.
one set of pull-ups to failure

Thursday: Shoulders
Side Laterals : 3 sets ? 10-12 reps
Front Laterals : 3 sets - 10-12 reps
Rear Laterals : 3 sets - 10-12 reps
Dumbbell Shrug: 4 sets - 10-12 reps
Upright Rows : 3 sets - 8 - 12 reps

Friday: Triceps + Biceps
French Curls : 3 sets - 8-12 reps
Overhead Tri Ext : 3 sets - 8-12 reps
Alt. DB Curls : 3sets ? 8-12reps
Alt. DB Hammer Curls : 3 sets ? 8-12 reps
BB Curls : 3 sets ? 8-12 reps

should I trash it and acquire a new workout? or just continue with it?

Humm…hard to rate, but I would give it an honest 7.3/10.

[quote]PhilG wrote:
Humm…hard to rate, but I would give it an honest 7.3/10. [/quote]

Thanks.

[quote]PhilG wrote:
Humm…hard to rate, but I would give it an honest 7.3/10. [/quote]

hehe

what are your goals and what is your level of experience? just wondering…

A big fat D-.

Of course I have seen worse workouts but you are committing alot of basic programing errors IMO. Here is what I see that is wrong

• Volume is too high

• Which means too many exercises, sets and reps with a high average weight lifted.

• You are repeating almost the exact same movement patterns over and over again with slight differences almost every day of the week.

• You have no isolation movements for the most part, if your goal is hypertrophy you will need these if athletic performance, way too high volume.

• On leg day you pre-fatigue yourself so you can squat less. Only extremely occasionally would I ever put squatting second to anything and that would just be for a change of pace.

• On arm day you have French Curls, I think you mean french presses and if so you are doing basically the same triceps movement twice. If not you are not doing enough triceps exercises.

• On arm day all you have is isolation and no compound lifts. You should have more chest isolation on chest day and more triceps compound movements on arm day. Or at least use a mechanically different movement.

• You do stiff legged deads twice in your program, they are much more of a hamstring exercise. Put them on Leg day. Then on back day do just the goodmornings or do rack pulls so you arent getting into hamstring ROM as much.

• You should have more than one set of vertical pulling on back day.

• You should have at least one compound shoulder press movement on shoulder day.

There are quite a few things wrong with this workout. IMO this workout isnt possible to do with high intensity. There is no way you can do basically the same movement for every body part and not have your intensity suffer quite a bit. And regardless of what your goals are there are a shitload of errors in this program.

[quote]kakugo wrote:
PhilG wrote:
Humm…hard to rate, but I would give it an honest 7.3/10.

hehe

what are your goals and what is your level of experience? just wondering…[/quote]

A decent physique, and as far as experience goes i’d say i’m a ‘intermediate’…not extremely stupid but not extremely bright when it comes to lifting.