Rate My Workout Plan

Out of curiosity, why does it matter if it’s all compounds?

Why do skull crushers (and maybe curls; not sure from the post) fit that category?

I’m not trying to nitpick, but a little detail might help us help. My guess is you’re kind of down the path of presupposing what the answers should be, when your goals and constraints might be more along the lines of:

“I want to get a little stronger but mostly bigger. I don’t compete in anything, but I do want to look big in a t-shirt. I work a lot, so I only have an hour 3x a week. My equipment is a power rack, bench, barbell and plates. What program would you recommend?”

A small change could completely change our recommendation. Like if your equipment is more complete, but you still have time constraints, you might see us recommend working in a bunch of cable moves between your barbell moves, or dumbbell supersets/ drop sets to quickly finish off your shoulders. Or if you have a competition goal you’ll see barbell progressions as the preferred choice.

Obviously I’m in a rambling mood this morning.

2 Likes

Full body 3x a week sounds like the inclusion criteria for HIT. But, I wouldn’t do squats and deadlifts at the same workout - though I highly recommend legs every workout as a trigger for general growth through the indirect effect. In fact, I would do three different leg excercises, one set each to failure, each workout. Don’t get stuck in only compound excercises. Add the occasional isolation excercises for fun. How do you keep consistency? Will we be interacting here in 6 months?

I think @T3hPwnisher mentioned SuperSquats. That tells you about the importance of legs as a fertilizer.

1 Like

Ish. I think it’s more having the entire body under load for so long with the breathing squats. Program is supposed to work just fine with trap bar lifts too

And I do squats and deads in the same workout a LOT, haha

2 Likes

I am not looking for a program that has a million exercise. Or a program that does squats bench and deadlifts only as I don’t have a bench at my house.

I like full body because if I miss one session it does not really matter. That being said I have not missed one session I’m on my 10 session now

My goal is to get bigger that is the main focus as of now I weigh 54 kg

I have made a workout program for them myself but I am not sure if it is that good hence why I am asking in this forum and I am unsure how to program each work out if I am doing same exercises twice if it not three times a week

I am looking to build muscle and bulk up that is the main focus

I have looked online but some work out I have a million exercises.

I am just looking for a basic workout one that I can follow it and that is not too complex

Somebody recommended super squats but that seems to be for a more advanced lifter.

The book talks about dudes doing it with 35lbs.

So yeah, if you can’t squat 35lbs for 10 reps, don’t do it.

EDIT: Wait, DUDE, we’ve played this game before

Come on man: quit wasting everyone’s time.

8 Likes

These two statements make my brain hurt.

I did dumb shit like when I first started. I was arogant and outright wasted some of my best muscle-gaining years doing a program I whipped up myself with all the bro-science to back it.

I cannot state it plainly enough that you need to follow at least a few programs to understand the method to the madness. Once you’ve done that, you have the knowledge, experience, and base to build your own program (if you insist on doing so).

2 Likes

I know you have a love affair with super squats but I’m not doing super squats

I want a full body workout !

I have no love affair with Super Squats. It’s a program that meets your parameters, to include a full body workout. If you offered different parameters, I’d offer a different program.

2 Likes

What part of the body does super squats leave out?

3 Likes

Dear OP, you are my Daily Inspiration for this Meme Thread add-in

2 Likes

FFS, my HAIR hurt while I was running that program.

1 Like

I’ve said it once I’ll say it again. When I did my take on that program I cried. Not even ashamed.

Not sure why I’m looking forward to doing it again.

Op - I think you are looking for an easier program. There are plenty out there. They do not work as well.

1 Like

Are you sponsored by super squats?

This is more of what I was looking for I might run full body workout programs from oldschoollabs.
OSL full body

Awesome dude. With that program, you will get the results you deserve.

10 Likes

Bro just do whatever you want to do. You’ve asked the question a couple times and gotten answers you didn’t want to hear. You even went as far as to make a whole other thread trying to refute Super Squats I Was Recommended 20 Rep Squats, What Do You Think?
and everyone said “it’s a good program”.

You clearly don’t want to do Super Squats, or any other program someone recommends to you, so just do whatever program you’ve already set your mind to. Why bother asking for advice just to turn every piece of advice down? one must ask…

2 Likes

In the 12 days since you’ve been asking these questions, how many workouts have you done?

And what did your most recent workout look like?

Looking at that program, I see an issue. Okay, I see several issues, but I see one in particular that will affect your ability to complete that workout.

4 Likes

No. But I do take commission for each book sale.

Enjoy your new programme tho dude. Spend 6-12 weeks giving it everything you’ve got and report back. I’d be interested in the results.

1 Like

I thought you had an hour time limit?

1 Like

What, you don’t normally do 30 working sets in under an hour?

2 Likes