Rate My Upper Body

So yeah. Working out for 3 years now…not using anything.
Goal is to look like Frank Zane and maybe some day to compete.
Now working hard on my legs… when started to go to gym i did not train them(foolish).

Few people are saying that i train weird but i feel that this way i got best results.
exmp. Today chest/triceps.

Benchpress 9 sets.
100kg x16 reps,100kg x15 reps, 85kg x15 , 85kg x14 ,75kg x14 … so on

bench press dumbbell 5sets with 20 kg dumbbels.

Chest Flys x 5sets 10 kg dumbbels.

skullcrushers x4 sets

dips 3 sets

and few small triceps exercises.

This takes ~2 h.

side

back-old photo

side pic

Legs
6 sets of legpress -3 sets of kinda low weight but each set gets from 50-100 reps. And 3 sets heavy 13-20 reps.
5sets of hack squats-medium weight.
9sets of squats-medium to heavy weights reps 12-20. Last set 30 reps.
10 sets of seated Leg Curls-kinda light weight but just trying to kill my legs for one week.

I think that you look really lean brother. I wouldn’t really worry too much about what others think in regards to your training if you feel that it works for you. I do think it is wise to be receptive to advise. That’s how we grow as athletes.

What is your height and weight? What is some of your records for the mandatory lifts?

Also, I know this is “rate my upper body” but I would be curious as to how the legs look.

All the best,

Rob

184 CM(6feet) and 180 lbs now. Il share photo of my legs when there will be someone who can take image for me :slight_smile:
Bench two records : 220lbs x19reps and 297lbs 3xreps.
Latmatch : 200 lbs x 13 reps
I cant share record of legpress bcz machine is badly oild up and it brakes. But when few months ago it was oild up for some time i could easy put on all wieghts i could find at gym :slight_smile:
squats- well i can put ~220 Lbs and go for 15 reps. I dont want to go 1rm bcz my knees are kinda week.
Calves- trainig them @ smith machine(Standing Barbell Calf Raise). 275lbs doing for 50-90 reps @ each set. Total sets-5.
Deadlift- only 220 lbs.

slightly chaotic :slight_smile: hope you understand.

[quote]xseoman wrote:
Bench: 220lbs x19reps
squats- well i can put ~220 Lbs and go for 15 reps.
Deadlift- only 220 lbs.
[/quote]

You’re fixing this, right?

I am curious: if you wanted an honest assessment of your physique, why did you run your pictures through a filter?

You talking about 1 pic? I think i used some kinda app… camera360. I have lot of camera apps so pics are different. Mostly i go with small HDR in stock app. back photo is taken from old phone i think. So im not puting effects/filters on on purpose. :slight_smile: I can try to use stock camera next time :slight_smile: Sorry

i think u talk about squats? :smiley: :slight_smile: squats are my 3rd exercise…so not much power left in them. So i dont go much more heavy than that.

[quote]xseoman wrote:
i think u talk about squats? :smiley: :slight_smile: squats are my 3rd exercise…so not much power left in them. So i dont go much more heavy than that.[/quote]

I’m talking about all three lifts. To bench more than you squat, and considerably more than you can deadlift, seems like a pretty serious imbalance to me.

I guess i try/can make new records at deadlift/squats… usually I just chase the pump @ gym. :slight_smile:

So back from gym with results.
Was warming up and so… ended with 300 lbs squat for x2 reps for two sets.
After that was hiting legpress but after few sets @ medium weights my knee suddenly started to hurt.
I have this problem while now. I get this pain once month or two. It hurts for 2-3 days. After that im able to hit legs again.
It feels like my knee cap hang up/ brakes in movement.But pain is more located above knee cap or sometimes below it.

[quote]xseoman wrote:

It feels like my knee cap hang up/ brakes in movement.But pain is more located above knee cap or sometimes below it. [/quote]

Sounds like something that would arise if you used knee wraps - do you?

No,im not using knee wraps. But now i think buying ones

I know you said you don’t take anything, but do you take creatine? Did wonders for my knee pain.

No im scared to take any pre workouts or creatine.
3 Years ago i was 130 lbs. Almost died from heart problems.I drunk 2Liters of beer and 1 liter of energy drink. I ended in hospital with high blood presure and heart rate. And this is also a reason why is started go to gym.

[quote]xseoman wrote:
No im scared to take any pre workouts or creatine.
3 Years ago i was 130 lbs. Almost died from heart problems.I drunk 2Liters of beer and 1 liter of energy drink. I ended in hospital with high blood presure and heart rate. And this is also a reason why is started go to gym. [/quote]

Wow, that’s crazy! You should ask your doctor before taking creatine. If he okays it, I would recommend it for both your knee pain and that added “ummph” for training. I used to also get that knee pain that lasted a couple of days after every leg day. I think it’s a combination of improved form, creatine, and strength, but my pain is gone.

Thanks… i will consider this :slight_smile: