T Nation

Rate My Shopping Cart (I'm 16)

The asterisk is the reason for why I am planning on purchasing the product. Any personal experiences with the products will be much appreciated

1.Optimum BCAA 5000 Powder, 336 Grams
*Promotes lean body mass and is useful to supplement before cardio to prevent muscle loss.

2.Solaray Forskohlii Root Extract, 60 Capsules
*Increases testosterone and decreases fat?

3.Optimum ZMA, 180 Capsules
*Helps increase testosterone and aids REM sleep.

4.Bodybuilding.com Hooker Lifting Straps, 1-Pair

• To help build the mind muscle connection of the lats, I mostly feel it in my forearms and hopefully this will help.

5.NOW206 NOW Glucosamine & Chondroitin Plus MSM, 180 Capsules
*Joint support

6.Higher Power Siberian Ginseng, 500mg/200 Caplets
*A lot of health benefits.

7.Performance Nutrition Java Lather, 1 Bar
*Hopefully it will help my my back acne.

8.NOW Super Enzymes, 90 Tablets
*An article on T-Nation stated that almost all people are deficient in HCL, which is crucial for the proper digestion of nutrients.

9.Ultimate Nutrition Zinc, 30mg/120 Tablets

10.NOW Selenium, 90 Vcaps In Stock

11.Higher Power Chromium Picolinate, 200mcg/100 Capsules
**9-11 is the minerals that are important to acne reduction, based on the T-Nation interview with the writer of the clear skin diet, I’ll give it a shot.

12.AST Multi Pro 32X, 100 Caplets
*General health.

13.Heavy Sports Heavy Grip, 200 Lbs.

14.Heavy Sports Heavy Grip, 250 Lbs.

*Grip strength for deadlifts, my grip always fails before my legs and lower back does.

15.Higher Power Green Tea Extract, 100 Capsules
*Powerful antioxidant with a whole list of benefits

You don’t even need over half of all that shit. You’re also just 16 years old.

which supplements do you recommend that i remove from the list? I just removed the green tea extract and siberian ginseng.

you don’t need the joint support and you don’t need the digestive enzymes. They’ll probably just give you heartburn.

My suggestion, scrap most of it, don’t waste money.

Surge + Creatine
Flameout (Buy some supermarket fish oil tablets too, typical 180/120 cheap ones)
Superfood (When it comes back in stock… If you’re anything like me when I was 16 cough just over a year ago cough, then you don’t eat your fruit or vegetables)
ZMA is optional but it’s ridiculously cheap so why not.

Same old shit, get your diet solid, train hard, etc. Get some Grow! Whey or Metabolic Drive if you feel like you need a convenient/easy protein source, but don’t rely on it.

This is all assuming you’re relatively new to this shit, considering you were going to purchase a small herb garden.

Remove all supplements. I’m serious. Your testosterone is still at its peak. Just lift and eat and it’ll do its work.

you must have some seriously nice parents

a shopping cart should contain some food, lol

oh yeah, and get the lifting straps, definitely don’t want those pesky forearms to be worked, let alone grow and get strong lol

Heres my updated stack. Thanks for everyones suggestions.

1.Solaray Forskohlii Root Extract, 60 Capsules In Stock $10.49 $10.49
2.NOW Super Enzymes, 90 Tablets In Stock $5.79 $5.79
3.Ultimate Nutrition Zinc, 30mg/120 Tablets In Stock $3.25 $3.25
4.NOW Selenium, 90 Vcaps In Stock $4.79 $9.58
5.Higher Power Chromium Picolinate, 200mcg/100 Capsules In Stock
6.AST Multi Pro 32X, 100 Caplets In Stock $14.99 $29.98
7.Heavy Sports Heavy Grip, 200 Lbs. In Stock $15.99 $15.99
8.Heavy Sports Heavy Grip, 250 Lbs. In Stock $15.99 $15.99
9.PrimaForce BCAA, 500 Grams In Stock $28.99 $57.98
10.SciFit Caffeine, 200mg/200 Capsules In Stock $6.94 $13.88
11.Recomp Performance Nutrition Java Lather, 1 Jumbo Bar In Stock $6.75 $6.75
12.NOW C-1000, 250 Capsules In Stock $11.89 $23.78
13.S.A.N. Tight, 60 Capsules In Stock $29.98 $29.98
Syntrax Fyre, Free Sample! In Stock $0.00 $0.00
14.PrimaForce ZMA, 180 Capsules

The supplements I have doubt about purchasing are forskin, BCAA, and SAN tight. Any information on these would be helpful. I would like to keep the super enzymes so I can do the HCL test that CP mentioned in this article-
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1257805 .

Zinc, chromium, and selenium are the minerals mentioned in http://www.T-Nation.com/article/features/skin_deep_nutrition_and_good_skin&cr=dietAndNutrition and it should supposedly help with the acne condition I have.

If you’re in doubt, leave them out!

Read what sgnl05 said.
Maybe add some protein powder.
Go for the basics!

Ummm everyone basically said you don’t need all that stuff and you reposted with another long list of stuff. Read the newbie articles, learn how to eat, buy some whey isolate and fish oil caplets. After you have been training for a couple of months add some of the stuff mentioned by sgnl05.

Your second list is only 1 item shorter than your first. Honestly, you don’t need any of them. At 16 you can scratch your ass, eat some fried chicken, and gain muscle. Maybe not that easily but the point is you save all those supplements for when the natural gains stop coming.

Like other people said get some Surge, fish oil, the basic stuff and rock with that, a good diet, and an intense workout. The guys doing the physique clinics aren’t pumped up on as much stuff as you’re suggesting.

Man don’t waste your money on that, get some protein, fish oil and thats all

[quote]bmitch wrote:
Man don’t waste your money on that, get some protein, fish oil and thats all[/quote]

Read what bmitch said.

thanks for all the advice, due to a technical credit card problem i wont be purchasing anything. I’ll stick with whole foods, healthy oils and beans/fruits/veggies for a while and see how it goes.

how the hell do you afford that shit at 16?

[quote]Sarpedon wrote:
how the hell do you afford that shit at 16?[/quote]

Hes in teh mafia

when i first tried creatine i was like HOLY SHIT MY ARMS ARE PUMPED HYOOOOGE

14 inches