T Nation

Rate my Program...

Heres my new program that im starting Monday…

Just wantet to get your Pros and cons on it…

Day 1

Chest And Back

1 Decline Bench Press 5x7
Barbell Rows 5x7

2 Incline DB Bench press 3x7
Fat man pull ups 3x7

3 Decline flyers 2x7
Straigh arm pull down 2x7

Day 2

rest

Day 3

Biceps And Triceps

1 Standing Barbel curl 5x7
Close Grip benchpress 5x7

2 Hammer curl 3x7
Flat Triceps Extension 3x7

3 Cabel curl 2x7
Overhead DB Extension 2x7

Day 4

rest

Day 5

Quads and Hamstrings

1 Ass To The Grass Squat 5x7
Sumo Deadlift 5x7

2 Lunges 3x7
Goodmornings 3x7

3 Leg Extensions 2x7
Revers Hyper 2x7

Day 5

rest

Day 6

Shoulders And Abs

1 Clean And Press 5x7
Abs of somesort 5x7

2 Snatch 3x7
Abs 3x7

3 Side laterals 2x7
Abs 2x7

Day 6 And 7

Rest And Repeat

Ill Progress Whit 5 pounds on compunds movements and 2 pounds on small iso movements each week…

What are your stats (weight, height, leaness, lifts)? Only this way we can tell if its a good program for YOU.

[quote]Wannabemass wrote:

Ill Progress Whit 5 pounds on compunds movements and 2 pounds on small iso movements each week… [/quote]

That’s the only truly pertinent part. A “program” is only as good as the effort that goes into performing it.

However…

Why choose a split routine where the advantage is the ability to train often… and then schedule rest every other day?

And…

If you’re new to the iron game I would rethink dedicating a day to arms. Keep in mind Bis & Tris represent only a fraction of the mass of Hams & Quads and should be trained accordingly. If you’re already sporting 20" guns then… nevermind.

Bottom line…

It looks like you’ve designed this program yourself. Why? There are so many professionally designed programs available on this site alone that you’ll never run out of them.

Ive been training on and off since 2003 now… And all i allways get to a point where im pretty well build and then drop the training completely… And then when im back to square 1 i start training again… But this time i decidet to keep on it for as long as i can… Even tho i rly dont wonna train…

But training will help me whit alot of things in my life… (Depression ect…)

Ive tried alot of programs in my time… But i quickly get tired of them and start training what i wonna train… What mostly is Deadlift and bench press 6 times a week… working up to a 1 RM And i stall quickly… And yes i know why :stuck_out_tongue:

But i made this program from Thibs Article “A damn good program” And i just went step by step… But i see what u mean about the split… And the arm day ive been thinking about to… Ive never rly trained arms that much… Cause they get hit in all the compound movements…

But ive just come to the point where i found out i need a program that got all the things i wonna train so i wont get tired of the program after 1 week…

But the reason i postet it was because i was pretty sure it could be better… My training knoweldege is pretty poor…

And so is my english :smiley: Hope u can understand it :smiley:

Im around 6 feet give or take, 220 pounds, 25% fat mass I think… no sure tho

Squat 220x1

Bench 120x1

Deadlift 220x1

Is how it is atm… Its been higher tho… But thats a long time ago…

I definitely agree with the poster above, why would you do a split program like that and then take like every other day off?

I think at your level of strength/development you could easily do something like…

Chest/back
Shoulders/arms
Legs
Off
Repeat

Or maybe

Back/Rear delts/Bis
Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Legs
Off
Repeat

Just want what is best for me to build some mass as fast a possibel… :slight_smile:

Well hitting more frequently is better than less frequently as long as you are able to fully recover between those sessions.

6/10

• Phoenix Theory

The guys above are spot-on. Based on your level of development, you don’t need an arms-only day. And if you’re doing a split, you don’t need so many days off.

Here is a plan that should work pretty well for you:

Day 1: Chest and Back
Day 2: Legs
Day 3: Off
Day 4: Shoulders and Arms
Day 5: off

Then, repeat. So, “Day 6” goes back to Day 1.

If your schedule intrudes and you need a day off between Chest/Back and Legs, no problem, just cancel the rest day between Legs and Shoulders/Arms.

Got this from Poliquin and it rocks.

If you get busy and can only make it to the gym three times a week, go to an upper/lower split:

(week 1)
Day 1: Upper
Day 3: Lower
Day 5: Upper

(week 2):

Day 1: Lower
Day 3: Upper
Day 5: Lower

OR try this:

Day 1: Lower
Day 3: Upper
Day 5: Full body

[quote]josh86 wrote:
I definitely agree with the poster above, why would you do a split program like that and then take like every other day off?

I think at your level of strength/development you could easily do something like…

Chest/back
Shoulders/arms
Legs
Off
Repeat

Or maybe

Back/Rear delts/Bis
Chest/Shoulders/Tris
Legs
Off
Repeat[/quote]

Yes this looks like a lot more logical a plan than that of the OP.

At 25%bf you should probably hit the roads hard a few times a week as well or something similar.

To be honest, I’d go for a full body workout 3 times a week. From your numbers I’m guessing you just started going to the gym. Super squats or starting strength should fit you nicely.

In my personal opinion, this program does not suit your needs in this stage in the game for you. Your numbers are very low, which is OK because you are a beginner.

Your number one goal right now should be to add as much weight as you can on the big 3. Flat Bench, Squat, Deadlift. You can mix it up by performing variations of each, but what you need right now is strength.

I do not think you need a dedicated arm day.

The classic Upper/lower off upper/lower off off split is a good template to follow.

Also, and I think this may be even better, a total body workout 3 days a week, each day making one of the big 3 your ‘big’ lift of the day. This style of training would give you the frequency needed to get your body efficient at those movements which in turn equals more strength gains, which in turn forces your body to get bigger to handle what you are doing to it.