Rate my physique

I would describe myself as a small framed hybrid PL/BB with a degenerative hip disease osteochondrosis that limits my heavy leg work. Also as an avid rock climber, additional bodyweight will limit performance. With that here are the pics. I am 34, 5’6.5" 149 lbs

relaxed

side view relaxed

side view flexed

back flexed

You look good. You may want to read the sticky/requirements if you truly want to be “rated”.

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
You look good. You may want to read the sticky/requirements if you truly want to be “rated”.[/quote]
And those are where?

[quote]Ecchastang wrote:

[quote]Davinci.v2 wrote:
You look good. You may want to read the sticky/requirements if you truly want to be “rated”.[/quote]
And those are where?[/quote]

There use to a sticky talking about what type of shots to take. IE BB poses and leg shots.

Solid physique especially for a climber. Where are you bouldering at? Horsetooth? Do you make it up vedauwoo much? Love that place.

How do you train your legs around your hip issue?

[quote]Captnoblivious wrote:
There use to a sticky talking about what type of shots to take. IE BB poses and leg shots.

Solid physique especially for a climber. Where are you bouldering at? Horsetooth? Do you make it up vedauwoo much? Love that place.

[/quote]
I can do squats and deadlifts but I have limited range of motion around my right hip, I do box jumps, and sprints some. deep squats are hell, so I can’t do heavy weight. I also do leg press.

That pic is from Joe’s Valley in Utah, but love Horsetooth, and have yet to make it up to Vedauwoo. I need to plug gear more often.

I think you have trhe build most people in comercial gyms are after now days, and truely don’t realize the amount of effort it takes to get there. I was just happy to click on a rate my physique page, and not see another beiber look a like. It’s not the build I’m after, but as a comercial gym owner, this is the build everyone’s after, but seldom is seen well done !

I’ve seen some of your posts lately, and I don’t think you need any added ego boosting :slight_smile: but there you go

[quote]AnytimeJake wrote:
I think you have trhe build most people in comercial gyms are after now days, and truely don’t realize the amount of effort it takes to get there. I was just happy to click on a rate my physique page, and not see another beiber look a like. It’s not the build I’m after, but as a comercial gym owner, this is the build everyone’s after, but seldom is seen well done !

I’ve seen some of your posts lately, and I don’t think you need any added ego boosting :slight_smile: but there you go[/quote]
Thanks, I appreciate that. I get stuck in a strange dichotomy of wanting to be stronger without wanting to be bigger. But my reasons for not wanting to be bigger are somewhat justified. I rock climb 3-4 days per week, and the best climbers are skinny fucks, because the only muscles that ever fail are the forearms. Weight means everything.

Also, I compete at the 148.8 weight category, and weigh in every morning between 149-151, so I don’t want to gain weight and be in the 165 category, because that would affect my climbing.

[quote]Ecchastang wrote:

[/quote]
I can do squats and deadlifts but I have limited range of motion around my right hip, I do box jumps, and sprints some. deep squats are hell, so I can’t do heavy weight. I also do leg press.

That pic is from Joe’s Valley in Utah, but love Horsetooth, and have yet to make it up to Vedauwoo. I need to plug gear more often. [/quote]

Bring lots of tape, and long sleeves! I like the bouldering better than route climbing at vedauwoo.

How hard are you climbing? Just curious?

[quote]Ecchastang wrote:

[/quote]

That pic is from Joe’s Valley in Utah, but love Horsetooth, and have yet to make it up to Vedauwoo. I need to plug gear more often. [/quote]

Bring lots of tape, and long sleeves! I like the bouldering better than route climbing at vedauwoo.

[/quote]
Not as hard as I lift. Lifting comes natural I have to work hard to climb. Boulder V8-V9, sport routes 13a-b. trad, low 11.

[quote]Ecchastang wrote:

[quote]Ecchastang wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]
Not as hard as I lift. Lifting comes natural I have to work hard to climb. Boulder V8-V9, sport routes 13a-b. trad, low 11. [/quote]

That is hard climbing.

Especially for someone who engages heavily in another sport you look good. I think the reality is you should be very happy with your level of size and development while also being a pretty good climber. Props.