Rate My Physique - New Member

[quote]mpmarino wrote:
Definitely add in some carbs like oatmeal in your post-workout meal with 3-4 scoops of whey powder/shake. I also cook oatmeal, then add some protein powder to that for something different…add a baked potato to your chicken lunch…Up your scoops to 3-4 of protein powder with skim/2% milk. 2-3 whole eggs plus5-6 whites & an orange or banana for breakfast…[/quote]

Oatmeal is really, really overrated. It’s also not necessarily gluten free. From what I’ve seen, major brands acknowledge cross-contamination during production.

Rice/potatoes all day every day when avoiding gluten.

ill deff add in rice with every meal ( its accessible at almost all campus dining halls) and potatoes when i can get some ( they serve them 3-4 days a week).

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]mpmarino wrote:
Definitely add in some carbs like oatmeal in your post-workout meal with 3-4 scoops of whey powder/shake. I also cook oatmeal, then add some protein powder to that for something different…add a baked potato to your chicken lunch…Up your scoops to 3-4 of protein powder with skim/2% milk. 2-3 whole eggs plus5-6 whites & an orange or banana for breakfast…[/quote]

Oatmeal is really, really overrated. It’s also not necessarily gluten free. From what I’ve seen, major brands acknowledge cross-contamination during production.

Rice/potatoes all day every day when avoiding gluten.[/quote]

Even excepting cross-contamination, there’s a protein in oats that’s close enough to gluten that celiacs often have trouble with it.

That said, I love me my oats.

Steal animals’ souls. Lots and lots of them.

Also peanut butter.

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

Hell yeah.

[quote]k-dingo wrote:

[quote]bigmac73nh wrote:

[quote]mpmarino wrote:

Even excepting cross-contamination, there’s a protein in oats that’s close enough to gluten that celiacs often have trouble with it.

That said, I love me my oats.[/quote]

Dat avenin.

I like them from time to time as well. Peanut butter/MD Chocolate/Oatmeal pancakes are one of my favorite breakfast foods. Stupid delicious.

Before you guys told me to add more carbs to my diet , so i followed your advice for the last 5 weeks and put on a decent amount of muscle. I just took a lat pic before my camera died so ill post it here and when i get a chance post some other pics. Can you guys tell me if you can tell a noticeable difference between this pic and the one of lats that i first posted 5 weeks ago.

this was my diet before:
Breakfast- 5 eggs, handful nuts
Lunch- 8-12 oz chicken or fish, salad and grilled vegetables
Dinner- 8-12oz beef or bison, salad and grilled vegetables

this is my diet after you guys corrected it:
post wo: 25-40g Protein, 0-50g dextrose
Breakfast: 12-16 0z bison, large sweet potato (approx 12oz)
Lunch: 12 oz salmon, salad/grilled veg, large white potato or 2 cups rice
Dinner: 12 oz beef, salad/veg, large sweet potato

this is the before pic from 5 weeks ago
i gained close to 10 lbs since then, a lot of it was gained very rapidly when added 250~g carbs a day, which i think was caused by filled glycogen stores and making my muscle appear '‘fuller’

looks like you put on some meat there. can you keep the lighting the same though?

sorry about that, should i retake it or is sufficient to show the gain?
and i deffinetly put some size on. people that i didn’t see for a few weeks even commented on it. Right now my training is more aimed towards performance but even with that and doing no isolation work I’ve found that my physique improves just from doing all compound lifts, metabolic conditioning and eating a lot of ‘‘clean’’ food

I’d retake it for consistency’s sake

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:
I’d retake it for consistency’s sake[/quote]

Just retook with same lighting (side by side)

side by side legs

side by side front. though i do think this is a bad picture, but as you can see on the right one my lats come out more.

outs of all of them the lat picture is the one that you can really see a difference, the rest are a lot less noticeable

Dude, changes in size are usually not noticeable short of 10lbs worth of gain or more. That means for anyone to go “wow” you had better be sporting a 15-20lbs weight gain.

Losses in body fat are much more noticeable which is why cheap personal trainers focus on that first.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Dude, changes in size are usually not noticeable short of 10lbs worth of gain or more. That means for anyone to go “wow” you had better be sporting a 15-20lbs weight gain.

Losses in body fat are much more noticeable which is why cheap personal trainers focus on that first.[/quote]

I agree but i do think there is a noticeable difference on the first pic. It may also be more than 10lbs now too, bc i haven’t weighted in a week.

[quote]Ktrack wrote:

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:
I’d retake it for consistency’s sake[/quote]

Just retook with same lighting (side by side)
[/quote]

see now why didn’t you do that the first time

I think I see increases in shoulder and bicep size, unless you were flexing differently from pic to pic