T Nation

Rate My Physique: Gaelic Football Player

Im new to all this Im 15… but I am a gaelic football player which is like mix between soccer and rugby so I need to stay light and quick…but I’m trying to build up some muscle mass. I’m the quickest guy on the team and the strongest so don’t make fun if im a bit light!

I can bench:132lb 3x15

seated leg press:Doin 400+lb with ease…

You’re the strongest on the team…with a 132lb bench?

this was under 14’s…im a year over that now. I’ve been out for a wile after fracturing my wrist but Im coming back…is the seated leg press good though?cos I have no indication if that is just average

yeah I know im not even that strong…but I’d be the only one lifting weights seriously

You are missing:
Proper photos included to rate your “physique”. Front double-bi, flexed back, legs and relaxed will suffice.

It seems you’re looking for advice, in that case I would suggest the Beginners forum or a Sports forum. You might want to include the reason why you’re posting. Don’t say ego boost.

As for physique advice:
You need size. People are going to say EAT a lot to you. If you want the physique of a football player, I suggest checking out exactly what their physiques look like to start off.

As far as physiques go, I have to rate you a 1 for not including the relevant pictures - and information - and I’m not going to pat your back for a 400lb Leg Press.

im just looking for advice…

i want to be strong but I don’t want to get to that stage where I will start loosing stamina and speed. I have a keen interest in weight lifting and I have ALOT to learn and to do. I joined this website an hour ago so this is my starting off point.

and i cannot do the back cause of bad enough acne…

anyone tips on diet that I could use?

Yeah go eat some cows and chickens mate then come back in couple of years.

sorry I do 3 sets of 15 repetitions with 132lb my p.e teacher said it will help build endurance or something if I do lots of repetitions of a weight I’m comfortable with

The RMP forum is about physique, we expect to see some decent pictures of what your years of training has produced, if your unsure about your physique, then maybe don’t post here until you think you’ve got something to show.

Usually posts include photos from the front, back, and legs to give a more complete critique as well as your stats of the most basic lifts, bench, squat, dead, rows, etc.

Anyways, I could do 400lbs on a seated leg press before I could do a proper deep squat at 135, so my advice to you is to start squatting.

You are clearly a newcomer, both to T-Nation and bodybuilding/strengthtraining/etc…

SO WELCOME!!!

Now, please, read backlogs of articles and search throughout posts. We are trained in modern times to want to smallest bit of useful information as quickly as possible. Fight the trend.

Otherwise, I’d say start with squats, pullups, deadlifts, and standing barbell military presses. ditch the bench for now. youll need the energy.

next add some clean and presses and snatches if you can handle them.

Look to build power/strength. size will come with these goals (IF YOU EAT PROPERLY)

but you should be able to discover more thorough beginner answers on your own, bruv

Gotta love the title. It’s as if the OP is demanding we change our criteria of a good physique because he’s not a bodybuilder.

My advice is to create a new account and start in the beginner forum. No one knows what you look like anyway, so you’ll be able to post new pics in a few years when you’ve doubled your bench.

Adding muscle will only make you faster, as long as you train to gain speed as well.

You’re in good shape for a 15 year soccer player, but you are definitely in the wrong place.

You said your goal was for advice, so your best bet is to soak up everything you can in the Beginners Forum.

General advice:
If you weigh less than 132, then your bench is at a good starting point.

400 leg press is nothing to brag about.

You will not loss speed and stamina lifting weights, especially if you continue playing and practicing soccer.

[quote]aidyquinn wrote:
sorry I do 3 sets of 15 repetitions with 132lb my p.e teacher said it will help build endurance or something if I do lots of repetitions of a weight I’m comfortable with[/quote]

Yeah, you’ll get really good at lifting a light weight off your chest 15 times. Is that important in Gaelic Football? Didn’t think so.

Cruise on over to beginners and get some proper advice.

Why did you even bother posting this here.

[quote]DragnCarry wrote:
aidyquinn wrote:
sorry I do 3 sets of 15 repetitions with 132lb my p.e teacher said it will help build endurance or something if I do lots of repetitions of a weight I’m comfortable with

Yeah, you’ll get really good at lifting a light weight off your chest 15 times. Is that important in Gaelic Football? Didn’t think so.

Cruise on over to beginners and get some proper advice.

[/quote]

It’s important to be strong and lifting lots of repetitions of a reasonably light weight will be what spurs me on towards the end of the game…

could someone post the url for the beginners forum as I don’t know where to find it…

[quote]eigieinhamr wrote:
Why did you even bother posting this here.[/quote]

…Because he’s either a troll, or a total fucking moron. See post above.

troll…

[quote]aidyquinn wrote:
could someone post the url for the beginners forum as I don’t know where to find it…[/quote]

See that list on the right side of the screen? you know, the one labeled “FORUMS”. I’ll bet you can find the link there. Consider it an IQ test to see if you’re cut out for using the internet.

[quote]ninjaboy wrote:
aidyquinn wrote:
could someone post the url for the beginners forum as I don’t know where to find it…

See that list on the right side of the screen? you know, the one labeled “FORUMS”. I’ll bet you can find the link there. Consider it an IQ test to see if you’re cut out for using the internet.
[/quote]

oh the little bitch can attempt an insult good for you…you write that out in crayon first and get ur mummy til check the spelling?

dick

[quote]aidyquinn wrote:

oh the little bitch can attempt an insult good for you…you write that out in crayon first and get ur mummy til check the spelling?

dick[/quote]

Mummy?

Fucking pansy.

[quote]aidyquinn wrote:
ninjaboy wrote:
aidyquinn wrote:

dick[/quote]
Sensitive about our intelligence, are we? Well, whatever, I’m not the assclown who can’t figure out how to browse a website or use the search function.