Rate My Physique and Change What?

Looks good bro. But Im biased because we got similar builds and numbers.

I suggest letting your body hair grow. Maybe some rear-delt work and strict pressing would help too.

I been bulking and maintaining my mass too long to be talking about getting lean tho

For starters I really appreciate everybody’s Feedback and the concept of this section of the forum!

I’m actually planning on laying out my workout plans for quite some time… I’m thinking something like a mass/strength, Olympic/lean, specialization, bodyweight/band plan… When I say mass and strength think Thibedeaus “Power Look” plan, Olympic/lean would be 6 weeks to superhero/zombie (Thib plans) or a 5x5 as I’m still playing sports (have a tackle game 11/25), specialization will be whatever I think is weak obv (deltoids presently) and obv bodyweight/band to give me a break (anyone have a band plan for a few weeks?). Some plans/Themes might go longer than others. Some themes could be repeated or have a diff order (welcome to feedback) but at the least it’s different than judtvfiung 5x5 over and over as I’ve done for some time. I’m curious as to If anyone’s done this?

I got a dietitian recently so I’ve headed your advice go lean out. The bodyhair thing is a shocker as most ppl I know want to eliminate theirs. I’m just blessed in that regard… my chest and back don’t get much. Arms and legs do though!

Edit- someone before mentioned me having good traps… I started doing high pulls recently but I also did Facepulls, band pull apart as and tri pushdowns daily- about 100 a day of facepulls at first then I added the other 2 and went to 200 a day… I know I’m only supposed to pick one and stay with it but I really think it helped my tris and traps… can’t stress traps enough… going fwd I’ll probably one do one of these (or something else) for 200 per night… I know some ppl doing daily band work but I’m 100% bought in

2 Likes

Strong and well built sumabitch you are!!

1 Like

You should really prioritize your upper chest - there’s a fair amount of development in your lower chest, but your upper chest is lacking, which can give an unfavorable look to the chest as a whole.

1 Like

Any band work or daily exercises you can recommend?

Band work is not going to do anything for your upper chest, and honestly I don’t think any ‘daily’ exercises are going to do it either. You’ve probably been prioritizing flat bench, and you need to add exercises into your routine, 2x a week, that are going to hit your upper chest hard and heavy. Incline DB press, Cable Crossover Presses (with an underhand grip are great), pushups with legs elevated, high incline DB flyes (45-60 degrees), etc. Other people may have better ones, but those are the ones that finally started building my upper chest. It’s extremely common to see people with big lower chests and no upper chest, but the “upper” region I’m referring to covers probably 75% of the chest.

I always prioritized my chest with dips and heavy flat… incline played a role too but mostly a flat guy. What’s funny is that ppl would always tell me I had a big chest, but whenever I’d look at mirror-although I didn’t pinpoint what- something felt lacking

Great attitude man, honestly. I hope you stick around, listen to the advice that members here have to offer and I look forward to seeing some progress over the months/years!

2 Likes

Your physique isn’t very good because of your body fat % but that can be fixed with a simple cut. if you use your body fat for an advantage than every year you will constantly get better and look better. I think you should keep training and reap the benefits of higher body fat, or you could cut and look better in about a month but not be as strong.

I think OHP would play a bigger part in building upper chest. Plus you can blast your delts and get that Superhero Taper. There was also an article here suggesting that DECLINE actually developed the upperchest more than Incline.

Hi Erik,

I’m not sure what you mean by use my BF as an advantage? I’m all for not dieting strictly, so if there’s a way to look good and use what I have to my advantage Im all ears

I’ll add it as a finisher with my workout now. I’m also planning on doing 100 plate front raises each night for next 1-2 months… thinkin it’ll blast my deltoids ala what the same protocol with bands did to my traps!

1 Like

I still can’t get past the fact that my (perceived) lack of size ain’t an issue. I wrestled 103lb in hs and I’ve always had a,”I’m waaayy to skinny/small/shrimps/puny/corpse like ” mindset. Obviously I’ve eaten accordingly. It’s funny now how it’s the opposite :grin:

You can use your body fat as an advantage because when you are in a higher body fat then your overall work load increases and it will be easier to build muscle.

that’s because Erik doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

2 Likes

I think the body fat advantage is that you’ll have more energy and output by embracing a caloric surplus to a degree that it comes with high body fat percentage.

It is a fact that when someone is in a higher body fat % then they will perform better in the gym. The guys you see on Instagram staying at a shredded level all year around with lots of gains are definitely on steroids. If you want to maximize your hypertrophy and get as strong as possible than you have to stay in a higher body fat % or you will hit plateaus over and over again until you give up. With everything said, it is perfectly fine to cut. Look at what alpha destiny is doing. He lost some strength and size but with his cut he looked much better. Don’t go saying I don’t know what I’m doing because that show perfectly that you are either on juice and have no idea what its like to be natty or you ignore basic research and stay with your plateaus.

I can assure you that much of what you just wrote hasn’t helped. Steroid accusations, alpha Destiny, research, facts, nattys…

1 Like

I think your advantage is your larger size/frame, which is conducive to lifting heavy that many have already suggested is the optimal way to build muscle/strength, but as far as not dieting strictly at some point some level of dieting may be necessary to uncover the new muscle underneath and give you a more athletic/strong overall look that you are after

1 Like

Who?

2 Likes