Rate My Physique. 16 Years Old, 5'8", 156 lbs

1 Like

You will get flamed for no leg pictures, good work so far.

Maybe put down a question or your goals so people can provide constructive advice.

1 Like

Well legs aren’t my number one priority to be honest. I just want them to be proportionate to my upper body.

I got 2 questions: Do you think I should get much leaner and what are some areas that i should improve on?

How’s your back?

Can’t answer the leanness question. You’re fairly lean, leaner than I’d prefer to be… but I don’t know your goals. I’d work on shoulders and traps, but it’s kind of hard to tell without seeing your back.

1 Like

Speaking as a guy who spent half of every year as a kid cutting for wrestling, this is not the time of your life for cutting. This is the best time in your life to grow. Trust me, it all gets harder in college then wife/mortgage/kids.

Also imho nobody with growth plates still open should cut weight, unless you’re obese. Big extended deficits can stunt your growth. Im only 5’10" with size 13 feet.

Eat plenty of whole food, sleep allot, train using a solid program. Only cut if you move up a pants size.

I know you don’t want to hear this: you should pay just as much attention to legs and back as arms/chest/delts. For 2 reasons:

1. Avoiding shoulder injury
  2. Working legs and back hard makes you grow all over. Even the mirror muscles.
2 Likes

We need more to give any good advice. We have no clue what your calves, quads, hamstrings, glutes, or back look like. We also have practically nothing for your chest or triceps. Then very little for your delts, none for your rear delts though. All we know for certain is that you have abs and know how to flex your biceps.

Try a front/rear double bicep, front/rear lat spread, side chest/tricep, and an ab and quad if you would like any good advice.
All of them should include everything from head to toe btw.

1 Like

Leaness: do you want to get on the bodybuilding stage? If so, then you only need to be lean enough so your contest prep isn’t hell. If not, then only you can answer that.

Improvements: At 156lbs, you just need to put mass all over. For specifics, your chest and shoulders are your better parts. Traps and lats (50/50 on this, the lat on the phone side looks to be peeking out well) need some work. Maybe front delts as well.

Edit: Didn’t see that first pic - lats look better there.