Rate My Junior Nationals

[quote]tfrench wrote:
shizen wrote:
based on all the physiques I’ve seen on here you are top 3, 10.

Really? That’s pretty cool. It’s always great to hear positive feedback, it keeps me motivated and working towards my goals.

Thank you for the compliments![/quote]

You look great as everyone else stated. The quad separation is really impressive? What is your training regimen?

[quote]Qaash wrote:
tfrench wrote:
shizen wrote:

Really? That’s pretty cool. It’s always great to hear positive feedback, it keeps me motivated and working towards my goals.

Thank you for the compliments!

You look great as everyone else stated. The quad separation is really impressive? What is your training regimen?[/quote]

Something like this:

day 1 - chest
day 2 - arms
day 3 - legs
day 4 - shoulders
day 5 - back & traps

I only do legs once per week on wedensdays, so if it’s not wednesday i just skip to whatever is next. reason for this - i train legs hard, it takes a week before I’m ready to go at them again. When it gets close to show time, say 6 weeks out, i start doing glutes and calves 2-3 times/week, abs usually 2-3 week and cardio, meaning slow-paced walkking or elliptical machine for an hour, up to 80 minutes everyday.

my reps are generally high and i rarely go below 8 reps, except maybe for last set of an exercise, but even then prefer to keep reps around 10-12. I probably train on average 5-6 days/week, depending on my schedule so I throw in a day off every now and then. I usually take my day off to catch up on some touch up stuff like forearms, calves, abs, glutes, extra cardio, etc.

Nothing really ground breaking in my training split, the key is to bust ass no matter what training split you have. If you’ve never puked on leg day then you just haven’t lived yet :slight_smile:

[quote]tfrench wrote:
Qaash wrote:
tfrench wrote:
shizen wrote:

You look great as everyone else stated. The quad separation is really impressive? What is your training regimen?

Something like this:

day 1 - chest
day 2 - arms
day 3 - legs
day 4 - shoulders
day 5 - back & traps

I only do legs once per week on wedensdays, so if it’s not wednesday i just skip to whatever is next. reason for this - i train legs hard, it takes a week before I’m ready to go at them again. When it gets close to show time, say 6 weeks out, i start doing glutes and calves 2-3 times/week, abs usually 2-3 week and cardio, meaning slow-paced walkking or elliptical machine for an hour, up to 80 minutes everyday.

my reps are generally high and i rarely go below 8 reps, except maybe for last set of an exercise, but even then prefer to keep reps around 10-12. I probably train on average 5-6 days/week, depending on my schedule so I throw in a day off every now and then. I usually take my day off to catch up on some touch up stuff like forearms, calves, abs, glutes, extra cardio, etc.

Nothing really ground breaking in my training split, the key is to bust ass no matter what training split you have. If you’ve never puked on leg day then you just haven’t lived yet :-)[/quote]

LOL and what causes you to puke on leg day?

Fantastic physique mate. You obviously work extreemly hard and it shows. Good luck with future shows.

P.S I would be interested in more detail with regards to your training.

[quote]juanjromero wrote:
post the mandatory pics.

[/quote]

Usually I would agree, but in this case I find this remark to be rather stupid.

[quote]Qaash wrote:
tfrench wrote:
Qaash wrote:
tfrench wrote:
shizen wrote:

Something like this:

day 1 - chest
day 2 - arms
day 3 - legs
day 4 - shoulders
day 5 - back & traps

Nothing really ground breaking in my training split, the key is to bust ass no matter what training split you have. If you’ve never puked on leg day then you just haven’t lived yet :slight_smile:

LOL and what causes you to puke on leg day?[/quote]

I don’t know if it’s the seventh set of squats, the one where you take the weight back down to about 225 and rep it out for about 20 reps, or the fourth set of hack squats that follow those, but somewhere between there and the hanstring work the nausea usually sets in :slight_smile:

[quote]perksy wrote:
Fantastic physique mate. You obviously work extreemly hard and it shows. Good luck with future shows.

P.S I would be interested in more detail with regards to your training.[/quote]

Thank you! Very much looking forward to the North American Championships this year, have a good feeling about this one!

I don’t mind talking about training, and you’re right, what I typed above is really only a shell of the info that it would take to describe my full training regimen. Any specific questions? Feel free to pm me, I’ll do my best to answer as quickly as I can.

[quote]Eddie_would_tow wrote:
juanjromero wrote:
post the mandatory pics.

Usually I would agree, but in this case I find this remark to be rather stupid.[/quote]

Interesting…how come?

just asking.

juanjromero wrote:
post the mandatory pics.

Usually I would agree, but in this case I find this remark to be rather stupid.[/quote]

Why is curiosity stupid for you?

Post your mandatory answer.

Eddie_would_tow wrote:
juanjromero wrote:
post the mandatory pics.

Why is curiosity stupid for you?

Post your mandatory answer, as I am a mandatory fag that really likes the word “mandatory”[/quote]

sorry, what?

Why? We ask everyone to post the mandatory pics.

Awesome physique bro, looking solid.

And as others mentioned, quad sweep is ridick! I remember looking at your avatar several months ago and thinking ‘man, this guy’s quads are beastly.’

Good job, your hard work has paid off.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Eddie_would_tow wrote:

Why? We ask everyone to post the mandatory pics.[/quote]

Okay, I agree. I just couldn’t help but assume everything else was as good as everything shown in his avatar and original post.

Okay, I agree. I just couldn’t help but assume everything else was as good as everything shown in his avatar and original post. [/quote]

No disagreement there. The guy looks spectacular. BUT… we ask everyone for the sake of consistency.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Eddie_would_tow wrote:
Okay, I agree. I just couldn’t help but assume everything else was as good as everything shown in his avatar and original post.

No disagreement there. The guy looks spectacular. BUT… we ask everyone for the sake of consistency.[/quote]

Yes, and usually you flame everyone who don’t post the pics. I did it because he really looks spectacular and did not want him to get flamed for that silly thing. But don’t worry Eddie, he is all yours, you can “imagine” everything else from his body.

I reiterate a MANDATORY congratulation to the OP and a MANDATORY F.U. to Edith.

EDIT

Ooops, no Edith, Eddie.

Its always nice to see competing bodybuilders around here. Gives people (like me) something to aspire too. Your looking amazing, great job.

ROFL

OP, No one could imagine what your back looks like.

http://contest.bodybuilding.com/gallery/contest/6292/event/1/division/9/site/1/photographer/2/contestant/64182

Congratulations again.

Makavali wrote:
Eddie_would_tow wrote:

No disagreement there. The guy looks spectacular. BUT… we ask everyone for the sake of consistency.

Yes, and usually you flame everyone who don’t post the pics. I did it because he really looks spectacular and did not want him to get flamed for that silly thing. But don’t worry Eddie, he is all yours, you can “imagine” everything else from his body.

EDIT

Ooops, no Edith, Eddie.[/quote]

ROFL

http://contest.bodybuilding.com/gallery/contest/6292/event/1/division/9/site/1/photographer/2/contestant/64182

Congratulations again.[/quote]

Juan, I never mentioned the word “imagine” when talking about the rest of his physique. I said that I “assumed” everything else was in shape.

Maybe you should pick up your Spanish-English dictionary and look up the difference.

juanjromero wrote:
Makavali wrote:
Eddie_would_tow wrote:

EDIT

Ooops, no Edith, Eddie.

juanjromero wrote:
ROFL

Congratulations again.

Juan, I never mentioned the word “imagine” when talking about the rest of his physique. I said that I “assumed” everything else was in shape.

Maybe you should pick up your Spanish-English dictionary and look up the difference.
[/quote]

no, I am aware… it is intended…

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:
Awesome physique bro, looking solid.

And as others mentioned, quad sweep is ridick! I remember looking at your avatar several months ago and thinking ‘man, this guy’s quads are beastly.’

Good job, your hard work has paid off.[/quote]

Thanks, I can’t wait until the North American show, my quads were honestly a let down in this show, my conditioning overall could have been much better. I’ve made a lot of improvements since juniors and I think my quads this time will be much more separated and vascular.