Rate on a scale of 1-10.

2 cups whole milk
3 serving honey bunches of oats
1/2 cup rice
1/4 cup buckwheat
2-3 oz chicken
1 can Trader Joe’s beef chili

7/10 I guess

I’m giving it a purple/10 because you didn’t actually give us any criteria by which to judge.

Rate for flavor? Creativity? Protein content? Anabolicness? Sheer volume?

2 Likes

Is the chili mixed with the Honey Bunches of Oats in any way? This seems important.

5 Likes

Age ht wt and goals would be important also. Not as important as the chili question though

1 Like

Age 15. Height 5 11. Goals: get strong. I am a FFB trying to get the weight back, just the right way this time :wink:

Hmm, all of the above.

Shoulda done that honestly, I just ate it with the milk.

I’d end up marking it down on all criteria then.

There are good parts to all of it though.

Rice + chicken is good. Throw a can of black beans in with the rice when you cook it and a little salsa with the chicken and you really have something.

Cereal and milk is always aweesome. Whipping a cup of yogurt into the milk is also really good.

Chili is great too, can’t go wrong there.

I’d never have them all together, but if you’re 15 and lifting weights, you’re probably a human incinerator and don’t care.

It’s really just a matter of personal preference.

2 Likes

Haha thank you sir for the tips, I had my protein knocked out for the day, and was definitely short on calories. It was 11pm so I ate whatever I saw that wasnt too unhealthy.

Please eat a vegetable.

1 Like

Forgive my forgetting to mention the 6 cups of spring mix and 1 cup broccoli I ate earlier that day lol.

Right: now eat some at dinner too.

1 Like

Yuhhhhhhhhh

Had great success with Vince Gironda’s steak and eggs twice a day. Not a vegetable in sight!

I had asked about this diet before and never heard back. Would love to hear about your results.

I would need to dig out my old training logs to see what my changes in weight were at the time (this was December 2016). I did find this post I made afterwards:

“My strategy was to consume two meals a day consisting of 3 large eggs and a piece of steak circa 500g (usually fried in coconut oil). This equated to circa 1900 kcals a day. Energy levels, etc, were fine. But I am no stranger to keto diets and always faired well on them. I trained 5-6 days a week using Gironda routines, e.g. 8x8, short rest intervals. I say caveats because sometimes I had to ship out the steak for chicken, pork, etc. This was due to budget. I also consumed at least one greens supplement daily, which contained around 7g CHO. I would say it worked well, and quickly, but you are encouraged to have ONE carb meal every 4-5 days. So it was a cyclical keto diet. Sensible supplement use was also advocated by Gironda, e.g. digestive enzymes, kelp, p. husk fibre. I used these throughout and tended to use whey isolate and/or BCAAs around the workout period (not advocated by Gironda). By Christmas I had my abs back but I was finding it harder and harder to comply with and it made me more prone to binge eating.”

Given I would still class myself as a ‘low carb guy’ I would say this diet is wonderfully simplistic and completely self-sustaining. You do not need carbs period. That said, I have never experimented with a zero carb carnivore diet long enough to determine whether there is a synergy between this form of eating and intense/frequent glycolytic activity. Now, according to people like Dr Shawn Baker, it can be done - he is certainly living proof. I have found that when I ramp up activity, it starts to work against me (hence the reference to binge eating above). However, guys like Baker and Jon Anderson claim if you eat enough protein and fat you can fuel performance through gluconeogenesis as well as you ever could on carbs.

1 Like

Appreciate the rundown. I am a big Jon Andersen fan as well. I am sure the greens supplement was the right call there for sure, as even Jon is big on getting in veggies. That diet always looked pretty cool to me.