Rate My Diet

How is my diet?

I weigh 6’3", 200 lbs. I am fairly weak, even though I’ve lifted for 27 weeks. I’ve been off from lifting from last Tuesday, given the fact that I might’ve hurt it during a clean/front squat/push press hybrid.

I want to build muscle and strength.

I eat the following:

Breakfast
-4 pieces Canadian Bacon
-1 packet unflavored instant oatmeal
-4 oz OR 8 oz lean steak(rib-eye)

Snack
-1-3 oz Oberto’s Beef Jerky

Lunch
-can of tuna + 4 pieces whole wheat toast

Snack
-2 bananas

Dinner
-2-4 hamburgers(94% lean) on 2-4 whole wheat rolls
-spinach packet
-1/2 cup brown rice

Pre-Workout Shake
-1 cup skim milk
-1.5 scoops chocolate GNC whey
-10 blueberries
-1 banana

Post-Workout Meal
-8-10 oz of chicken, fried in olive oil

Pre-Bed Shake
-1 cup skim milk
-1.5 scoops chocolate GNC whey
-4-5 tbsp all natural peanut butter
-1/2 cup cottage cheese

This diet carries ~4000 calories with a 30/45/25 ratio of carbs/protein/fat.

I was criticized by a guy who used to lift 6x per week, 2 hours per day. He argues that I should not be eating so much food.

Note: I was working out on Homegrown Muscle Program, but I am going to switch to NROL: Constant Obligation program.

Up the veggies, definitely…and you’re eating a lot of grains – good grains, no doubt, but are you trying for weight gain? Other than that, looks good (though I do take issue w/ generic GNC stuff; their creatine did nothing for me.)

[quote]Puny@138 wrote:
Up the veggies, definitely…and you’re eating a lot of grains – good grains, no doubt, but are you trying for weight gain? Other than that, looks good (though I do take issue w/ generic GNC stuff; their creatine did nothing for me.)[/quote]

Is NROL Beginner or Constant Obligation a solid workout?

I have a hard time believing all of that adds up to 4000 calories.

Just doesn’t seem like that much food to me when reading through the list.

Double-check your math.

Now on to the critique- simple- how long have you been eating like this and how is it working for you? If you aren’t gaining then you should eat more, if you’re gaining too fast cut back.