T Nation

Rate My Back Please

hey folks,
I’m an 18 year old who has been lifting for about 3 years, much more seriously in the past year or so. I am on a strict diet for health reasons which does not let me consume many carbs, so it is pretty hard for me to get bigger.

I am 6’0 190 lbs. here are some stats for lifts:

Bench: 270
Deadlift: 405
Squat: 250

I know I need a tan, and that this is not a good pose for a bodybuilder; but I have only very recently been considering taking up bodybuilding seriously. tell me what you guys think, thanks.

…I’m fairly new to this site, are there always this many ‘rate my back’ threads? at this rate, it seems like there should be an entire forum for ‘rate my back’ (kidding, just kidding)

…dude you’re so jacked, you think you could pm mewith how you work out, i’ve been working out for 2 weeks, and i can already tell a HUGE difference, but it’s nothing compared to the sheer mass on your back, do you compete?

[quote]Liquid447 wrote:
…I’m fairly new to this site, are there always this many ‘rate my back’ threads? at this rate, it seems like there should be an entire forum for ‘rate my back’ (kidding, just kidding)

…dude you’re so jacked, you think you could pm mewith how you work out, i’ve been working out for 2 weeks, and i can already tell a HUGE difference, but it’s nothing compared to the sheer mass on your back, do you compete?[/quote]

yeaaaa this guys huuuuge mannnn

Looking swole, bro!

[quote]klochinator wrote:

…but I have only very recently been considering taking up bodybuilding seriously.
[/quote]

Yes. Enter the first competition you can. Your back is amazing.

Oh no…what else can we possibly look at?

oh and please ignore the girl in the background
[/quote]

YOU LACK DISIPLINE!

Just kidding, not bad at all!

• Adam

[quote]FutureDoc wrote:
klochinator wrote:

…but I have only very recently been considering taking up bodybuilding seriously.

Yes. Enter the first competition you can. Your back is amazing.
[/quote]

I didnt mean to say that and be a prick. I meant it as in I am hoping to put more time learning more about the intricacies of bodybuilding over the next few years.

I’m just looking for some advice and some constructive criticism concerning my back. It’s the only part of me which is worth your time, because my legs simply look under-developed. I’m well aware that I am a baby in this field and have a lot to learn, which is why I’m here. Thanks

now that e-mail is blocked at work, i amuse myself by trolling the T-Nation forum. The laughs don’t stop.

seriously…

you need thickness and width. keep training hard and getting stronger in the deadlift, row, and pull/chin ups and you will keep improving.

post some weight and height numbers. we can gauge better that way.

you don’t need crazy amounts of carbs to grow. just time them properly and you will be fine. breakfat, workout and post workout. laters pk

[quote]michael2507 wrote:
Looking swole, bro![/quote]

Thank you for the kind words!

[quote]pkradgreek wrote:
now that e-mail is blocked at work, i amuse myself by trolling the T-Nation forum. The laughs don’t stop.

seriously…

you need thickness and width. keep training hard and getting stronger in the deadlift, row, and pull/chin ups and you will keep improving.

post some weight and height numbers. we can gauge better that way.

you don’t need crazy amounts of carbs to grow. just time them properly and you will be fine. breakfat, workout and post workout. laters pk[/quote]

Thanks for the advice here are some stats:

height: 6’0
weight: 190
bench: 270
squat: 250
Deadlift: 405

I started an 8 week training routine from davedraper.com two weeks ago. here is a direct link to it:

www.davedraper.com/8-henriks-big-gainer.html

Any more advice would be greatly appreciated!-Thanks again!

[quote]adamhum wrote:
YOU LACK DISIPLINE!

Just kidding, not bad at all!

• Adam[/quote]

Thanks!-I try to keep as disciplined as I can, here is my workout schedule for reference. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

www.davedraper.com/8-henriks-big-gainer.html

I seriously need the phone number of the girl in the background. I love the milky white ladies!

• Adam

What are the stats of the hottie behind you? Can we see more pics of her? It might help with your advice as well.

Hmmm, don’t listen to about 75% of the responses to your thread… Sure you already knew that. Your back probably needs more thickness, also, if you can bench more than you squat you need to take care of that… If you can bench 270 you should be able to squat at least 315, 355. More around 405… Anyways, more pullups and more rowing. You need more width and thickness in your back…

[quote]muscle_mike wrote:
Hmmm, don’t listen to about 75% of the responses to your thread… Sure you already knew that. Your back probably needs more thickness, also, if you can bench more than you squat you need to take care of that… If you can bench 270 you should be able to squat at least 315, 355. More around 405… Anyways, more pullups and more rowing. You need more width and thickness in your back… [/quote]

Yeah, I’ve been a competitive swimmer and water polo player for my highschool years, so I have under developed legs. The muscle is naturally longer and more sinewy. How do I go about increasing width and thickness?

How do I go about increasing width and thickness?
[/quote]

pullups for width, rows for thickness…
and Im gonna have to call bs on the 405 dead since I can see the ribs on your lower back and there is no way it can support 405 pounds.

rows rows rows rows rows with a free weight barbell

first time i looked at the picture i didn’t really take it all in, i just presumed with the way you’re both dressed that you were at the beach, but fuck me if that is a beach cos that sand looks like soil. are you in your back garden with your sister or something? or are you getting your poseing routene down on some mud flats?

want my advise? get a hose, some more girls in bikinis and start slinging mud, that’ll add some thinckness on your back.

I’ve never seen anyone with a back that looks like that who can deadlift 405lbs in real life. Where are all these super strong skinny dudes?

And how in hell is there such a huge discrepancy in Squat and Deadlift numbers?! they are both compound movements that use similar muscle groups… Most who can deadlift heavy have a pretty good squat also. How long are your fricken arms!!!

You actually look pretty good because you are so lean with some muscle, I’m just shocked by the numbers you claimed.