Rate Me

nm

heres another

another

[quote]redraidercorey wrote:
say i go run or lift, and then i go out drinkin and smokin afterwards. does this completely negate any work i’ve done? [/quote]

Yes it does.

Start cutting back your alcohol intake by 1 unit or so a week until its down to 1 unit a week total or fucking 0.

same with smoking, although I know people are bitchy about quitting smoking (i don’t know why, i’d rather put a piece of shit in my mouth and set it on fire).

I’m not saying don’t do stuff that you enjoy, but just limit what you do so you can make progress in body composition and live longer.

another

another

[quote]
Also quick question: say i go run or lift, and then i go out drinkin and smokin afterwards. does this completely negate any work i’ve done? [/quote]

What the Frick? How is having a drinking problem and addiction to smoking related to lifting? Maybe you can be the first to quantify the effects drinking and smoking and then quantify the effects of your workout and do a statistical analysis of the information. Then you will be able to see if they negate each other.

so if i plan to go drinking but want to workout before, is it even worth it to workout? or should i just go drinking even earlier and not waste my time on the workout b/c i won’t get any benefits on it.

I would suggest sterilization. It should counter the negative effects of drinking and smoking on working out.

I’ve been training since 14, but never very seriously. ex-football player and powerlifter. put up some decent numbers in high school but drink and smoke too much to really get a good physique nowadays. here are my numbers

bench: 285
squat: 405
dead: 450

Also quick question: say i go run or lift, and then i go out drinkin and smokin afterwards. does this completely negate any work i’ve done? [/quote]

anyone else get this image in their head?

[quote]Liquid447 wrote:
redraidercorey wrote:
I’ve been training since 14, but never very seriously. ex-football player and powerlifter. put up some decent numbers in high school but drink and smoke too much to really get a good physique nowadays. here are my numbers

bench: 285
squat: 405
dead: 450

Also quick question: say i go run or lift, and then i go out drinkin and smokin afterwards. does this completely negate any work i’ve done?

anyone else get this image in their head?

[/quote]

Is that his strong hand?

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
redraidercorey wrote:
say i go run or lift, and then i go out drinkin and smokin afterwards. does this completely negate any work i’ve done?

Yes it does.

Start cutting back your alcohol intake by 1 unit or so a week until its down to 1 unit a week total or fucking 0.

same with smoking, although I know people are bitchy about quitting smoking (i don’t know why, i’d rather put a piece of shit in my mouth and set it on fire).

I’m not saying don’t do stuff that you enjoy, but just limit what you do so you can make progress in body composition and live longer.

[/quote]

I am guessing he is talking about weed. I would stop smoking regularly. same with drinking. It will hinder a lot. For some people less or more than others, but there is no arguing that it will negatively affect you.

alright well i’m not real sure what the scary movie photo was meant to mean. I don’t know if its in regard to my lift numbers or what but there all legit i assure you.

no i dont smoke weed i smoke cigarettes and the reason i asked about drinking after a workout was b/c i seriously wanted to know the effects of it on my post workout. I assumed that ya’ll spend a lot of time here and would have adequate knowledge on the subject.

apparently most of ya’lls knowledge doesn’t stretch beyond sarcastic answers so i guess i’ll ask someone who really knows what there talking about

alright well i’m not real sure what the scary movie photo was meant to mean. I don’t know if its in regard to my lift numbers or what but there all legit i assure you.

no i dont smoke weed i smoke cigarettes and the reason i asked about drinking after a workout was b/c i seriously wanted to know the effects of it on my post workout. I assumed that ya’ll spend a lot of time here and would have adequate knowledge on the subject.

apparently most of ya’lls knowledge doesn’t stretch beyond sarcastic answers so i guess i’ll ask someone who really knows what there talking about[/quote]

See, the answer is so obvious, you shouldn’t need anyone to answer.

And right now you really don’t have the credibility to tell people how limited their knowledge is.

okay don’t tell me the answer is obvious just tell me an answer. i’m going to go drinking but i want to workout before. is it useless to workout or will i get some benefit from it??? thats all i need to know. and knock the cigarettes all you want but i guarantee none of ya’ll can run an 18min 3-mile. well i can so shut the fuck up.

okay don’t tell me the answer is obvious just tell me an answer. i’m going to go drinking but i want to workout before. is it useless to workout or will i get some benefit from it??? thats all i need to know. and knock the cigarettes all you want but i guarantee none of ya’ll can run an 18min 3-mile. well i can so shut the fuck up.[/quote]

You’d be suprised at how many members here are faster than you. There are quite a few members total.

Maybe instead of joining and posting a “rate me” thread in the same day, you could go to the beginners section of the forum and you would find a bunch of the answers you’re looking for. Of course if you are looking for an ego stroke, go post on hot or not. This isn’t the place to get butt hurt when things don’t go your way.

Welcome to T-Nation, man up.

…this is a bodybuilding forum, you came on here with the intention of building up u’re BODY, right? not u’re runtime. you’re the one asking the questions, there’s plenty of ppl here who would share their knowledge with you, so why are you going to start off by bashing them?

your profile says you’ve been working out for 7 years, however ‘non-seriouse’ it may be…what a waste, i’ve made much bigger gains in mass and strength in 2 and a half years. however if all your going to want to do is bash my runtime, why should i even bother?

Everything in moderation…except for SMOKING. Without going into a long spill on the reason you should drink only moderately and DON’T SMOKE AT ALL. I think it would be best to look up this: ACETALDEHYDE (C2H4O)…especially new studies of the effect it has on muscle mass etc…

[quote]Arc_1mpuls3 wrote:
You’d be suprised at how many members here are faster than you. There are quite a few members total.
[/quote]

Exactly.

Welcome to the Internet, my man. And, to a website devoted to bodybuilding and fitness. An 18 minute 3 mile is certainly nothing to sneeze at, but in the big picture of runners it’s just not that great. There were kids on my HS cross county team faster than you, and my school wasn’t even very good. So not to knock it or anything, but that card up your sleeve is hardly an Ace.

Besides, I don’t think the main reason people knock the cigarettes is because they view them as a hindrance to their 3 mile times.

P.S. - you’re a student (college, I assume) who smokes cigarettes but NOT weed? That’s damn unusual in my experience…I think you’re the first.

the reason my 3 mile time is an 18 is because that is the maximum fastest time you can get points for on your PFT for the Marine Corps. and yes i began lifting about 7 years ago b/c i live in texas and football is king. so you start lifting in middle school. i’m not trying to say ive been training to be a body builder since then. i’ve never done that…most body builders look fuckin ridiculous.

yall need to get a life in my opinion but i came to this website by the recommendation of another Marine Corps officer candidate. i came here to get my question answered and i figured why not post a picture to see what a bunch of lowlife bodybuilder wanna bes think. so this oughta be fun to here yall bitch about