Rate Me, Diet and Training Info Too

Hi there,

This picture of me was taken last summer during a cutting phase.

I’m 25 years old. Weigh 178 lbs. (170 lbs. at the time of the picture). 6’0" tall.

Typical Daily Food Log
Breakfast:
4.5 eggs
1.5 - 2 cups of plain yogurt with 1-2 Tbsp of ground flaxseed
1 tps. of fish oil

Snack:
1 chicken breast
1-1.5 cups of steamed veggies
extra virgin olive oil drizzled on top
walnuts and pecans
1 green apple

Lunch:
1 chicken breast
1-2 cups of veggies
extra virgin olive oil drizzled on top
walnuts and pecans
1 cup of blueberries

Dinner:
1.5-2 cups of extra lean ground beef
1-2 cups of steamed veggies
1 green apple
1 tsp. of fish oil

Snack:
1 cup of extra lean ground beef
1.5 cups of plain yogurt
1-2 Tbsp of ground flaxseed
1 tsp. of fish oil

On training days I will include a post-workout shake of 30 grams of protein and 5 grams of creatine (Crea-pure) and a banana.

Training
Day 1:

1. sumo deadlifts 10x3
    2a. dips 4x6
    2b. bent over row 4x6
    3a. decline skull crushers 4x6
    3b. reverse barbell curls 4x6
  2. hanging leg raises 4x6

Day 2:

1. DB shoulder press 10x3
    2a. romanian deadlifts 4x6
    2b. military press 4x6
    3a. standing calf raises 4x6
    3b. french press 4x6
  2. shoulder external rotation 4x6

Day 3:

1. Chin ups 10x3
    2a. one arm DB row (elbow out) 4x6
    2b. standing hammer curls 4x6
    3a. seated calf raise 4x6
    3b. step ups 4x6
  2. reverse crunch 4x6

I’d love to know your thoughts, suggestions, and advice.

Thanks!

Tyron

Waiting for the “after” pic before I snap judge and rate…

Your leanness is pretty evident and in terms of “rating” you, I went with a 6. You have put in some work and I would say you still have a long way to go… but it’s hard to say that without knowing your goals.

Your food log shows a diet that looks pretty healthy, but if you are looking to get bigger, it’s not really going to do a ton to put on much mass. Don’t get me wrong - the berries and apples and yogurt are all great, but your overall carb intake looks on the lower side. 6’ and 178 lbs is really not too filled out (unless your sole goal is to be a soccer player… see what I did there? Soccer? Goal? I slay me). If you are looking to pack on the size, why not oatmeal or sweet potatoes or any other kinds of carbs?

In the end, you are still young and have a lot of runway ahead of you, but my take is that (without knowing your goals) you are really lacking some size but could likely pack it on well with some concerted eating efforts.

so you only train your chest once a week with four sets of dips?

I dont think there is a after pic.

If this is it you get a 3.

Not because you look bad, but you lack any real amout of muscle mass for a BB site, your just really lean.

Your diet looks very well put together, but maybe you need even more food to put on some weight.

[quote]n3wb wrote:
I dont think there is a after pic.[/quote]

Well, looking back at his routine, I see only deadlift 10x3 and Dips for all of the back and chest excersices…and the lack of chest and back movements are very evident in the picture.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for responding and giving me your input. I was going thru a cutting phase at that time and thus wasn’t focusing primarily on mass or size.

I’m going to be starting some mass and size training soon so I’ll post some pics of it when I start.

I totally agree that my pec and back are underdeveloped and that’s going to be a focus of mine once that mass program starts.

I also will be incorporating in more carbs.

Thanks for all the insight and advice. Very much appreciated.

Tyron

Are you really a personal trainer as your profile says? Skip the day they taught about lats and chest? Eat man… if you really want to get big maybe you should focus a bit less on making every thing you eat perfect and just eat more.

PS your picture screams, “Eat more fiber.”

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
n3wb wrote:
I dont think there is a after pic.

Well, looking back at his routine, I see only deadlift 10x3 and Dips for all of the back and chest excersices…and the lack of chest and back movements are very evident in the picture.
[/quote]

I see bent over rows, db rows, and chins.

No squats?

[quote]StevenF wrote:
No squats? [/quote]

weighted or bodyweight 10 x 3 pulls ups?