Rate Me: 8 Months In

[quote]John Smith wrote:
You have the waist of an anorexic fetus.[/quote]

That’s a good thing IF you have muscle. Which he can build. I rate a 3 because you think you have 4% bodyfat. We don’t believe it because it’s not true. 4% bodyfat is near contest condition for the world’s top pros.

Many short of that level who look ripped to the bone come in at more than that. Whatever method you’re using to determine this is way off. What’s your progress been like? What did you look like before? What do you want to look like? goals.

[quote]lifter85 wrote:
Abdallah wrote:
k guys thats another pic of me,although i hav 4% body fat,still my lower abs aren’t quite ripped any advice guys thx

well first off you don’t have 4% bodyfat.

second, this is why i posted to all the fitness women to come back in 10 or more years after they’ve made something of themsleves that looks like anything resembling a fit person’s body. people are such idiots on here…why is it okay for the women to post their figure pictures and ask for help and everyone says how great they are, but then when a guy posts his, and asks for stuff, he gets “what, did you want some sort of award? you’re small, come back in 50 years.”

i’m getting so tired of this place.[/quote]

Well, because we like pictures of good-looking women. But also because most of these women who posts are not so far from figure ideals. They already have great female physiques and are a a few lbs of muscle short and a few lbs excess fat from being really competitive.

Most of the guys who post pictures have no discernable reason for doing so. They don’t look impressive and don’t need to post pictures at all to get quality feedback. They’d get just as much and the same quality of advice without posting pictures. And the pictures aren’t progress pictures either.

It’s not so much the fault of newcomers who don’t really understand. It’s just that veterans and serious lifters just get frustrated at seeing photos all the time that have no point and add nothing.

You look alright. Keep it up. Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.

dude u look fine,and for all the A-holes, he was asking for a critique and not to wipe the floor with his dignity.

damn every time i pass through this site i get reminded with all the IMBASLES and little kids that lurk around.

guys if u hav a complex of having a body like a baboon and u want to set anger on someone else leave this site.

again dude keep it up.
chears

You look pretty solid to me. Better then many will reach. You do have the potential to add some more muscle which would look good on your frame.

D

[quote]graphicsMan wrote:
What do you do for ab work?[/quote]

I want to know why people ask these types of questions… For instance, doing the same exact ab routine this guy will not get you abs like him.

From a nutritional standpoint, having a nice 6 pack is some where close to 75-80% diet. Still, you have to figure in genetics, body compositition and everything. Not just “dude what do you for your abs”

Isn’t this the “Rate My Physique” section? You can actually see muscles on that body even if it isn’t massive, unlike some of the posters that posted their pics around here before this section was set up.

I get this feeling that the haters around here are not the forum veterans.

To OP: I don’t know where you started from so I can’t judge how much progress was achieved in your 8 months.

Keep it up and be sure to add more muscle before posting another pic.

And forget about posting your wheels.

Nice 8 months of work ~ closest thing to the Brad Pitt, fight club look I’ve seen on the new Rating section.

Tho you could benefit from adding more muscle to your arms, and shoulders, rear/medial ~ Nice fullness in chest.

Don’t worry about some the harshness, they would have been nicer if you had a 8month before pic probably. Plus your a lot lighter then most the guys here I think.

Oh you also should take pics of your back. Legs? Wheels!

He looks pretty

There are a lot of childish toolbags on this site from the resonses I am seeing…Hey guys, he’s a kid for Christ sake and also for his age and only training 8 months I bet he looks a lot better than most did at his age.

Keep lifting and if you have a specific question go ahead and ask. If you want the ultimate chick physique, I would work your already fast developing shoulders, the upper chest and the mid chest as well.

A lotof thse people are giving you advice you didn’t ask for but I am rating what I see and it’s damn good for the small amount of training you have done

Rate the physique, not a newbie’s possible misconception of his body fat level.

Come on guys, did you look at his profile? He’s nearly 6’2" and under 170lbs. He looks like a soccer player. Why anyone thinks this thread is appropriate is beyond me.

Frankly, I don’t think people understand the rating system. ‘5’ should be average for someone who lifts and has put in a few years. ‘10’ is Jay Cutler; ‘1’ is a beginner and/or someone who doesn’t look like he lifts. This guy’s been working out for 8 months and you expect higher than what he’s got? Honestly, he deserves a 2.5, and only because he’s very lean.

This is the same thing as “a 315 deadlift is inspirational.” Let’s stop qualifying this sort of mentality.

OP: You’re lean, which is a good place to start. Now start eating, squatting, and deadlifting.

[quote]Mod Brian wrote:
jsbrook wrote:That’s a good thing IF you have muscle. Which he can build. I rate a 3 because you think you have 4% bodyfat. We don’t believe it because it’s not true. 4% bodyfat is near contest condition for the world’s top pros.

Rate the physique, not a newbie’s possible misconception of his body fat level.[/quote]

That’s fair enough. I don’t know what I’d rate this physique, in fact. It’s a good start in any case.

[quote]Serd wrote:
graphicsMan wrote:
What do you do for ab work?

I want to know why people ask these types of questions… For instance, doing the same exact ab routine this guy will not get you abs like him.

From a nutritional standpoint, having a nice 6 pack is some where close to 75-80% diet. Still, you have to figure in genetics, body compositition and everything. Not just “dude what do you for your abs”
[/quote]

I was asking because he was asking for advice to get his abs showing… not because I want to follow his routine. You might try reading the post I was replying to, before replying to mine.

OP: How much weight do you use with your weighted situps?

[quote]wsk wrote:
jjoseph_x wrote:
wsk wrote:
Stay how you are if you want to impress 15 year old girls, but you’ll only start to look like you lift when you’ve gained another 20-30lb muscle. What do you bench, squat and deadlift - 225, 275-300, 300-330? Your abs are slightly too visible for your past 8 month’s of massing to have been serious: you need to accept some fat gain if you want to gain serious muscle.

Yeah, because only 15 year-old girls like that Brad Pitt Fight Clib-like/Calvin Klein model phyisque…

The question is: does he want to gain serious muscle or is he happy with his current physique?

It’s true that most women probably like that “toned” look. Not very big, not very threatening - a bit like a slightly muscular girl. I know I got FAR more female attention at 170lb/7% bf than 190lb/8-9%bf (I’m 5’10").

But I’ll be surprised if this guy doesn’t want to get bigger and stronger. It’s fairly shallow to lift weights just to flex your 13-14" biceps at women.

[/quote]

The guy has only been training for eight months, so give him a break (and he looks better than some guys who’ve been training for years). Even if he doesn’t want to get any bigger… just keep in mind that we all have different goals, whatever the reason.

You’re big for someone who has been training only eight months. Good job. Ignore some of the ridiculous comments.

if that’s only 8 months of training, then good job. your arms look pretty solid, and a decent chest size in the side chest pose.

I’m not going to flame you, but I will say that if you want to gain good mass, then don’t worry about the visibility of your abs. I’m not sure if you’re doing it on purpose or not, though.

Eat a lot, lift a lot, and get good sleep. It’s all been said before, but it bears repeating.

Also, post a few before pics and some wheels pics.

[quote]lifter85 wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
lifter85 wrote:
Abdallah wrote:
k guys thats another pic of me,although i hav 4% body fat,still my lower abs aren’t quite ripped any advice guys thx

well first off you don’t have 4% bodyfat.

second, this is why i posted to all the fitness women to come back in 10 or more years after they’ve made something of themsleves that looks like anything resembling a fit person’s body. people are such idiots on here…why is it okay for the women to post their figure pictures and ask for help and everyone says how great they are, but then when a guy posts his, and asks for stuff, he gets “what, did you want some sort of award? you’re small, come back in 50 years.”

i’m getting so tired of this place.

Your observations are accurate but I think it is because most of us like seeing girls pictures and we really don’t want to see other guys with their shirts off.

To the OP your waist looks really small in that one pic. Freakish almost. Is it just the picture or is that what you really look like?

then why visit a bodybuilding type website, and especially why visit the rate my physique section?
[/quote]

Curiosity.