T Nation

Rate Me, 3.5 Years In the Making

id like to see a back shot, if possible. i am thinking more width would really help you out. look good though

Leg Presses don’t hurt my back like squats do. With leg presses I can totally focus on keeping my power back in place.

I really like the sled type hack squat, I wanted to build up my tear muscle on my quads and the hack squats do a nice job of that.

I do plan to start doing squats again soon, I just need to stay light with the weight. another reason I stayed away from squats was the fact that it builds up your glutes, which I don’t wish to build, My ass is big enough!

:slight_smile:

• Adam

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
R@NE wrote:
adamhum wrote:
Max bench: 315
Dead Lift: 255 * 8
Hack Squat: 630 * 12
Leg Press: 720 * 10
Regular Squats: Don’t do them due to lower back issues.

• Adam

Lower back problems yet you do heavy leg pressing instead of squats? Ever tried front squatting?

I’ve had my share of back problems and it took me a while to get fully onto squatting… leg pressing only made the problems worse. Often it just takes moving your ego aside and dropping the weights till your back gets strong enough to play with the legs.

I agree, I remember seeing a Shugart or Poliquin article about how if done correctly, squats place a much less percentage of tension on the lower back than leg presses do.[/quote]

[quote]adamhum wrote:
Leg Presses don’t hurt my back like squats do. With leg presses I can totally focus on keeping my power back in place.
[/quote]

I think they are probably referring to the fact that the leg press may cause a tightening of the illiopsoas due to the positioning.

Some peoples’ low back pain can be attributed to this kind of muscle imbalance.

Looking solid, but more pictures are needed. I have two questions:

• What are your back issues?

• What sports do you play?

I think I remember you…you’ve definitely improved. Just looking at the deadlift though, I’m guessing your lower body could use a lot of work. Your shoulders and arms seem to dwarf your chest (I have the same problem). As a fellow “arm guy”, I definitely recommend Thib’s HSS-100 chest and back specs.

Everybody is talking about your legs, but I’m guessing since you don’t have pics up thats probably not what your looking for in your rating.

The main thing that I can see would help your upper body is back and rear delt work and a little bit more laterals. Right now you have above average muscle but you don’t have that wide to narrow aesthetic for an upper body.

As someone stated earlier theres no way to tell how well you’ve done from 3.5 years but it looks like your headed in the right direction. keep it up.

[quote]dez6485 wrote:
id like to see a back shot, if possible. i am thinking more width would really help you out. look good though[/quote]

Only in body building can a man ask another man for a backshot. Lets see if he gives it to you.

Back issues: Last time it was because I tried to do deadlifts with the weight behind me instead of in front, starting off with way too much weight.

I play softball, I’m an outfielder, we are a competitive team, we hussle our asses off for every ball.

I may play football for a local semi pro team, really just a bunch of crazy thirty-ish guys who play all across arizona. I think I’ll do well because I’m fast, big and very aggressive. On the other hand I may not play because it’s kinda stupid for a 33 year old:)

• Adam

[quote]Kreal7 wrote:
Looking solid, but more pictures are needed. I have two questions:

• What are your back issues?

• What sports do you play?[/quote]

I wouldn’t say my lower body is lagging. I took some pictures but they came out kinda blurry.

Yesterday I put up 275 * 5 on the deadlifts, 770 * 10 on the leg press and 650 * 12 on the hack squat sled (no room for more weight). I could defintely improve on the deadlift, I do them pretty stiff legged , I should probably switch to regular deadlifts. I just like the stiff legged more for some reason.

[quote]wfifer wrote:
I think I remember you…you’ve definitely improved. Just looking at the deadlift though, I’m guessing your lower body could use a lot of work. Your shoulders and arms seem to dwarf your chest (I have the same problem). As a fellow “arm guy”, I definitely recommend Thib’s HSS-100 chest and back specs. [/quote]

Here’s a leg shot, I’ll get some better ones soon.

-Adam

Tip: Best way to take a picture is to set up a camera tripod, set camera on delayed picture taking so you can get into pose. Also need enough lighting so the pics don’t turn out dark.

Generally, if you know how to manipulate images, you can lighten up the images so they are not so dark. You’ll need some sort of image software for that and some of it is free or cheap if you look for it.

HTH :slight_smile:

You looking good mate … but some additional focus on the abs will make a great difference.

Here’s my back shot.

My Legs

Good stuff man. I’d like to be as big as you in a couple of years. About 30lbs to go! Lots of hard work.

I’ve been really focusing on my back lately. I’m hoping to build up my lats and a better taper. Also, my shoulders are so big compared to the rest of me. I need to either stop working shoulders are catch everything else up. Hopefully the latter.

• Adam

[quote]wsk wrote:
Good stuff man. I’d like to be as big as you in a couple of years. About 30lbs to go! Lots of hard work.[/quote]