Rate Me, 3.5 Years In the Making

Please rate me, I’ve been training for 3.5 years…

6’ Tall
220 Pounds

• Adam

Here’s another pic…

Not the best quality pics, try taking better ones. Looking pretty good though, what are your stats?

What kind of stats, like strength?

[quote]adamhum wrote:
What kind of stats, like strength?[/quote]

Yeah bench squat and deadlift if you do them if you dont know your maxes the weight and reps are just as good.

Good job.

Your not bad, but for 3.5 years i think you could (should) be a bit bigger than that by the looks of it. Need to see the wheels too. What are your lifts?

You look decent. It’s obvious the majority of your training has been on heavy compound lifts - good overall thickness, traps, solid midsection. Looks like you’ve been eating right as well (abs under a nice layer of fat!) If you cut now you’d have decent sized muscles, but add another 20lb muscle and you’d have big muscles.

Max bench: 315
Dead Lift: 255 * 8
Hack Squat: 630 * 12
Leg Press: 720 * 10
Regular Squats: Don’t do them due to lower back issues.

• Adam

[quote]n3wb wrote:
adamhum wrote:
What kind of stats, like strength?

Yeah bench squat and deadlift if you do them if you dont know your maxes the weight and reps are just as good.

Good job.[/quote]

wait why is http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/BBHackSquat.html

SO much higher then deadlift, they seem like the same kind of mechanism.

The hack squat I’m referring to is a sled type machine.

• Adam

[quote]shizen wrote:
wait why is http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/BBHackSquat.html

SO much higher then deadlift, they seem like the same kind of mechanism. [/quote]

I honestly don’t want to weigh 20 pounds more, which would put me at a weight of 240. I play sports and it would be hard to carry that much weight and be athletic in alot of sports. I know that’s of course debatable.

I noticed no one had any advice on areas of improvement.

• Adam

[quote]wsk wrote:
You look decent. It’s obvious the majority of your training has been on heavy compound lifts - good overall thickness, traps, solid midsection. Looks like you’ve been eating right as well (abs under a nice layer of fat!) If you cut now you’d have decent sized muscles, but add another 20lb muscle and you’d have big muscles. [/quote]

I meant add another 20lb muscle then cut - you you haven’t mentioned what you’re BF % is, but it looks like you’ve got around 10-15lb fat to lose. You’d still weigh 220ish, but with more muscle and less fat - making you faster and stronger for sports.

Suggestions for improvement: your bench press is a little low for your weight, and your chest development seems slightly behind the rest of your upper body pushing musculature (but maybe that’s just the photos). Maybe shoot for 350 bench?

When I saw a 5.8 rating, I knew it must be a pretty impressive physique.

[quote]ProfessorCHAOS96 wrote:
Your not bad, but for 3.5 years i think you could (should) be a bit bigger than that by the looks of it. Need to see the wheels too. What are your lifts?[/quote]

How can you say this without knowing his starting point, goals etc?

[quote]adamhum wrote:

• Adam

[/quote]

Lower back problems yet you do heavy leg pressing instead of squats? Ever tried front squatting?

I’ve had my share of back problems and it took me a while to get fully onto squatting… leg pressing only made the problems worse. Often it just takes moving your ego aside and dropping the weights till your back gets strong enough to play with the legs.

Hmmm…That’s pretty good advice! I’ve always wanted to be 220 solid. I wouldnt enjoy being 240, but to be 220 solid muscle would be great!

Thanks,

• Adam

[quote]wsk wrote:
I meant add another 20lb muscle then cut - you you haven’t mentioned what you’re BF % is, but it looks like you’ve got around 10-15lb fat to lose. You’d still weigh 220ish, but with more muscle and less fat - making you faster and stronger for sports.

Suggestions for improvement: your bench press is a little low for your weight, and your chest development seems slightly behind the rest of your upper body pushing musculature (but maybe that’s just the photos). Maybe shoot for 350 bench?[/quote]

I agree, even though my chest is a pretty good size now, I’d would like to add more mass to flow with my shoulders better.

• Adam

[quote]wsk wrote:

Suggestions for improvement: your bench press is a little low for your weight, and your chest development seems slightly behind the rest of your upper body pushing musculature (but maybe that’s just the photos). Maybe shoot for 350 bench?[/quote]

It’s a bit hard to rate someone when we can’t see legs too. Many lifters have large upper bodies and twigs for legs (relatively speaking) and they think they look great.

IMO, your chest looks decent, but the limited amount of photos make it difficult to verify that (first one hides your chest and both are darkly lit). Also, take off the hat so we can see you :wink:

[quote]R@NE wrote:
adamhum wrote:

• Adam

Lower back problems yet you do heavy leg pressing instead of squats? Ever tried front squatting?

I’ve had my share of back problems and it took me a while to get fully onto squatting… leg pressing only made the problems worse. Often it just takes moving your ego aside and dropping the weights till your back gets strong enough to play with the legs.

[/quote]

I agree, I remember seeing a Shugart or Poliquin article about how if done correctly, squats place a much less percentage of tension on the lower back than leg presses do.

id like to see a back shot, if possible. i am thinking more width would really help you out. look good though