Rate and Advise Please

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
You deadlift with a mixed grip I assume?

You look very full for your height and weight. Your frame has the ability to carry a ton of mass and still be aesthetic (well besides the genetic imbalace in your chest, nothing to worry about though)

Your triceps could use some extra work. And legs too (everyone can use more legs)

Good job overall [/quote]

How my chest looks is more of how how I hold my shoulders . I have a f#$R$ed up curve in my spine that shifts my shoulders a little bit. I just wasn’t in the mood to be taking a ton of pictures to try and get it right. First shot was good enough. As for the mixed grip…yeah, it is.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Knight,

I don’t mean to derail the thread, but aren’t you that physics major? I am pretty sure you posted before that you were (are?) working on your PhD.

Just curious how good my memory is.

Looking good, man![/quote]

Yup, same kid. Its been about a year and I wanted to see how I’ve been doing. I’m roughly 10lbs heavier and the bodyfat measurement I got said I was 1% less compared to a year ago. So I wanted to see what the T-Nation readers thought and what I should focus on next.

[quote]LS87 wrote:
time to focus on legs[/quote]

Not to be a dick (but I’m sure it will come off that way) but wtf? Show me a video of you doing the numbers I am for squat and deadlift with a comparable body weight and then I will listen to your advice on time to focus on legs.

These shots are regular everyday shots. Not ones where I got a pump, messed with the lighting and oiled myself up to make you feel better. I’m pretty sure that having 7% bodyfat, 24 inch thighs and 16 1/2 inch calves is a pretty good starting point for someone that is only weighing around 170-175lbs.

Sorry to sound like a di&$$ but I said constructive advice, not douchbag statements like the one you offered.

And for clarification: constructive advice would be what types of exercises and how they would help. As in front squats with varying foot placement to get a bigger sweep on the quads etc.

Not: Do more squats.

Once again, sorry but I’m asking nicely for help so please take that into consideration.

good lighting

[quote]Knight33 wrote:
LS87 wrote:
time to focus on legs

Not to be a dick (but I’m sure it will come off that way) but wtf? Show me a video of you doing the numbers I am for squat and deadlift with a comparable body weight and then I will listen to your advice on time to focus on legs.

These shots are regular everyday shots. Not ones where I got a pump, messed with the lighting and oiled myself up to make you feel better. I’m pretty sure that having 7% bodyfat, 24 inch thighs and 16 1/2 inch calves is a pretty good starting point for someone that is only weighing around 170-175lbs.

Sorry to sound like a di&$$ but I said constructive advice, not douchbag statements like the one you offered.

And for clarification: constructive advice would be what types of exercises and how they would help. As in front squats with varying foot placement to get a bigger sweep on the quads etc.

Not: Do more squats.

Once again, sorry but I’m asking nicely for help so please take that into consideration.[/quote]

Careful. You posted this on rate my physique and he’s right. By “time to focus on legs”, I don’t believe he neccessarily meant that it’s time to get your squat and DL numbers higher but rather, time to focus on figuring out how to get them to grow faster so that they’re more in proportion with your upper body.

[quote]Da Vinci wrote:

Careful. You posted this on rate my physique and he’s right. By “time to focus on legs”, I don’t believe he neccessarily meant that it’s time to get your squat and DL numbers higher but rather, time to focus on figuring out how to get them to grow faster so that they’re more in proportion with your upper body. [/quote]

You’re right, but what I’m trying to say is that giving me the advice ‘time to focus on legs’ is similar to telling a drag car racer that got second place that its time to make his car faster.

My leg program already consists of squats, glute-ham raises, lunges, leg curls , stiff leg deadlifts and leg press. Calves are hit with standing , seated and donkey calf raises. Each exercise has a minimum of 4 sets with a maximum of 7 for the main compound movements.

I have also redone my squat technique to go all the way to the ground. Also,every two months I throw in some German volume squats to hammer my legs a little harder.

All I’m asking for is a little specifics, thats all. Sorry if it came off a little brash and mean.

[quote]Knight33 wrote:
You’re right, but what I’m trying to say is that giving me the advice ‘time to focus on legs’ is similar to telling a drag car racer that got second place that its time to make his car faster.

My leg program already consists of squats, glute-ham raises, lunges, leg curls , stiff leg deadlifts and leg press. Calves are hit with standing , seated and donkey calf raises. Each exercise has a minimum of 4 sets with a maximum of 7 for the main compound movements.

I have also redone my squat technique to go all the way to the ground. Also,every two months I throw in some German volume squats to hammer my legs a little harder.

All I’m asking for is a little specifics, thats all. Sorry if it came off a little brash and mean. [/quote]

Yeah, I understand where you were coming from, it was 95% useless. Have you tried widowmakers and hitting legs more than once per week? You may have to tone down the volume a bit if you increase your frequency.

i just think they didn’t get to see the full size of your leg. just take pics w/o your pants on and put them up here so we can see the full development of your legs.

you can blur out your junk obviously. if you on’t know how, PM to me and i’ll do it for you.

[quote]Da Vinci wrote:
Knight33 wrote:

All I’m asking for is a little specifics, thats all. Sorry if it came off a little brash and mean.

Yeah, I understand where you were coming from, it was 95% useless. Have you tried widowmakers and hitting legs more than once per week? You may have to tone down the volume a bit if you increase your frequency.
[/quote]

No, I’ve never heard of widowmakers…what are those? As for hitting twice a week, I just started that.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:
i just think they didn’t get to see the full size of your leg. just take pics w/o your pants on and put them up here so we can see the full development of your legs.

you can blur out your junk obviously. if you on’t know how, PM to me and i’ll do it for you.[/quote]

haha

[quote]Knight33 wrote:
Da Vinci wrote:
Knight33 wrote:

No, I’ve never heard of widowmakers…what are those? As for hitting twice a week, I just started that.[/quote]

For example on squats, you put your 10 rep max (at the very most) on the bar, do your 10 reps, catch your breath without racking and then slowly grind out reps until you hit 20 reps total.

good job man.

rofl macaroni…your god damn arm is as big as that girls thigh. Fuck you.

[quote]Da Vinci wrote:

For example on squats, you put your 10 rep max (at the very most) on the bar, do your 10 reps, catch your breath without racking and then slowly grind out reps until you hit 20 reps total.

[/quote]

You don’t necessarily have to keep the weight on your shoulders. You can rack it and rest do 3-4 reps rack then finish it off. Your won’t be missing anything if you rack the weight and rest. Besides as you continue your form will get worse as you go on past 10 reps without adequate rest. I rest my case.

[quote]HolyMacaroni wrote:

you can blur out your junk obviously. if you on’t know how, PM to me and i’ll do it for you.[/quote]

BUHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAAHA that was full of win

Not Bad! Bring the legs up some and add some more mass up top and you’ll be ready to go!

[quote]optheta wrote:
Da Vinci wrote:

You don’t necessarily have to keep the weight on your shoulders. You can rack it and rest do 3-4 reps rack then finish it off. Your won’t be missing anything if you rack the weight and rest. Besides as you continue your form will get worse as you go on past 10 reps without adequate rest. I rest my case.
[/quote]

I admit, I’ve had to do that in the past when the world started going black toward the end.

Looking better than last year man. Keep it up.

I see your bench hasn’t improved? It was 275 last year too.

[quote]FutureDoc wrote:
belligerent wrote:
You are underdeveloped in relation to your genetics.

What? I assume you base on the knowledge you’ve gathered by meeting his family and studying his lineage? Or maybe comparing various genomic markers in his DNA to that of mapped DNA sequences that correspond to muscle growth potential (didn’t know people had figured this out yet…).

Bizarre statement[/quote]

The most important genetic “marker” of bodybuilding potential can be observed visually. This guys has far longer than average muscle bellies and could be much bigger than he is.

[quote]
Bizarre statement

The most important genetic “marker” of bodybuilding potential can be observed visually. This guys has far longer than average muscle bellies and could be much bigger than he is.[/quote]

You can’t be serious. I’m killing myself in the gym and my improvement is (or seems like it is) slow or non-existent. If I’m doing something wrong (besides not taking pro-hormones or test.) please let me know or let me know if you have any ideas on how to pack on more weight.