T Nation

Raspberry Surge Users

For those who have tried it, does it taste good?

I currently am using the Original and really like it (diluted in 1L of water that is) and find it a little too sugary in just a shaker. How is the raspberry flavor?

It’s sweet as well. I like it better than the original, though.

I prefer the original.

Oui, cest bon!

I like it a little better than the original. It’s not as bitter.

It’s much sweeter than the original, imo. I hated it at first, but began to like it towards the end of the container. I’ll still be sticking to the original though.

I have come to prefer the raspberry, but mostly because it seems to me that the original changed.

Minor thread hijack:
When Surge went to the new packaging, I opened up the new bottle, mixed and shook it up like I had for years prior, and I was immediately struck by a much, much sweeter taste–sickly sweet to me.

I thought I was imagining things, but a few months and several bottles later, it’s still much sweeter than it was, and diluting it doesn’t help. It just doesn’t taste the same as it did in the old packaging, nor as good (IMO). Any one else notice this?

That said, I’ve come to prefer the raspberry. I had trouble in the beginning to get it to dissolve completely. The system I have now is that I put the powder in and only about 2/3 the water, ie, leave plenty of room in the shaker for it to really shake up well. Shake the hell out of it. Let it sit for two minutes so all the foam settles. Then fill up the rest of the way. Works out perfect every time.

[quote]friedrice683 wrote:
For those who have tried it, does it taste good?

I currently am using the Original and really like it (diluted in 1L of water that is) and find it a little too sugary in just a shaker. How is the raspberry flavor?[/quote]

I much prefer the original. Raspberry is super sweet

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
Oui, cest bon!
[/quote]

You know I dont speak spanish.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:
Oui, cest bon!

You know I dont speak spanish.[/quote]

Lo siento.

It doesn’t taste like raspberries. It tastes like sweet. 47 grams of glucose with sucralose to boot will do that. They put the word “Raspberry” on the label so that you will think of something less sweet while drinking it and associate the two flavors, making it more pleasurable. If you’re like me and love sweetness, you’ll love this stuff. I love this stuff.

I haven’t tried the original because it was sold out for a while so i bought a bunch of raspberry.

I think it tastes super super sweet, but I like that. The more water you add to it though, the less sweet it is.

I like diluting it peri-WO, because I can’t handle it being that sweet while I’m lifting, plus it makes my mouth really dry. For PWO I just use about 10 oz of water to make it really sweet.

It also helps me curb cravings for sweet stuff, especially if I have a late night work out.

I mix my raspberry Surge with Power Drive. It makes it taste like orange-raspberry and in my opinion much less sweet.

[quote]JNG wrote:
I mix my raspberry Surge with Power Drive. It makes it taste like orange-raspberry and in my opinion much less sweet.[/quote]

do you have problems with mixability with the Power Drive?

mine always stays at the bottom of my glass/shaker.

[quote]elliotnewman1 wrote:
friedrice683 wrote:
For those who have tried it, does it taste good?

I currently am using the Original and really like it (diluted in 1L of water that is) and find it a little too sugary in just a shaker. How is the raspberry flavor?

I much prefer the original. Raspberry is super sweet
[/quote]

What he said.

i like the raspberry a billion times more than original. Mix it with half a Spike Shooter and its amazing…