T Nation

Rashad Evans No Show?

What happened to Rashad Evans in the last UFC? I know he was supposed to fight but then the card said Evan Vs. TBD and then nothing was ever said. No announcement was ever made about what happened to that fight…anyone know?

Oh and I know Chuck was hurt and couldn’t fight.

Could they not find someone to fight Evans?

I think they got James Irvin to fight Evans, but then he either got hurt or pulled out, so the UFC just scrapped him all together.

[quote]BradyZ wrote:
I think they got James Irvin to fight Evans, but then he either got hurt or pulled out, so the UFC just scrapped him all together.[/quote]

Ah gotcha. Good work UFC for updating the fight card…

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
BradyZ wrote:
I think they got James Irvin to fight Evans, but then he either got hurt or pulled out, so the UFC just scrapped him all together.

Ah gotcha. Good work UFC for updating the fight card…[/quote]

About 800 injuries happened. It was supposed to be Chuck vs Shogun, then Shogun got hurt. Then Chuck vs Rashad, Chuck got hurt. Then Rashad vs James Irvin, James Irvin got hurt.

At that point there was not enough time to work a out a deal for a new fighter, and it would not have been anyone decent because the rest of the UFC LHW roster all had signed fights. So they replaced it with Hughes vs Alves.