Rare Form of belter

I saw his brother the just plain Dumbass. He did about 10 sets of 6 on the incline press machine. I think he timed his rest with a sundial. Every 5 or 6 mins. he would go back for another set. Between sets he would bury his nose in a magazine. F’ing PEOPLE Magazine!!! I couldn’t see his belt under the fat.

One more and I’m done. Okay, today I saw this guy, a rather large, well defined, young gentleman doing seated rows with his belt AND straps! The thing is he was only doing sets of 8-10 with 150lbs. Yeeesh, I give up. Thats what I get for going to 24hr Fitness.

I tend to be a belter after my 15th MRP because of the massive blowfart that is about to occur. If I didn’t my lower lumbars would surely go. Plus I’m able to light a fire from a room away.

Ok, was doing some sumo squats today and just as I racked the weight after my 3rd set I got hammered with a 20 lb. leather belt. Before I could even turn around, Mr. Macho himself (some 40 year old bum who trains at my gym- pretty big guy, but still a bum nonetheless) blurts out “What is it with kids these days?..think they know everything about training…” to some other fat, balding ass who had been lounging on the preacher bench since I walked in about 30 minutes prior. Now, I’ll have you know that I speak to NO ONE in the gym; I do what I got to do and leave…Needless to say, I wanted to take the belt that this faggot threw at me and beat his ass with it, but instead, I took a deep breath, asked God for patience, and turned around to utter the words “If you ever throw something at me again, I will break your face, legs, arms, and all the windows in your rusty '85 Bronco…” I then handed him the belt with a smile and said “Have a nice day.”

what a dick! man you did the right thing. a calm threat is so much more intimidating than an in your face, loud “i will shove my foot so far up your ass…”. honestly, i dont know if i would have had the control you did. although if he does it again i would say take some action.

on another note, i was flipping through one of my books, its called “anabolic premier”, put out by musclemag, but it has some pretty decent information in it. anyways,it has a bunch of top pro’s and amateurs in the gym, and they are ALL wearing a belt, whether it be for squats, leg extns, preacher curls, and yes, melvin anthony doing cable crossovers wearing a belt!! im guessing that most of these belters in our gyms are avid weider fans, b/c just look through flex or M & F and all the pros are wearing a belt for everything.

Hey Joel, why don’t you print him out a copy of your new article?

We have one. He doesn’t wear a lifting belt though. He wears a 1 1/2" wide regular leather belt. When he’s not “lifting” he carries it around his neck. I’ve never seen him do any weights heavier than the chrome chick dumb bells (15 lb.). He does everything super slow with a really serious look on his face. He’s almost as much fun to watch as “The Jerk” an older belter that loads shitloads of weight on the machines, like the Hammer Shrug, and wiggles his whole body to bounce the weight up off the rubber stops an inch or two.

Funny stuff guys! As an “old-timer” myself, I used to wear my belt for everything. A few years ago I stopped because I found thru trial that it didn’t help anything, although for deadlifts I wear it. Now I wear it very loosely between sets for low back heat and then remove it to do my sets. Just imagine the looks I get!

I would, but he wouldn’t be able to understand it.

Ha Ha, I saw one of those guys you mentioned with his name on the back of his belt, he also had an outline of the state of Texas on the back. I think it is so his lover knows who he is screwing.

I may have the best one yet.I go lobster fishing in december and january,and one of the guys I go with wears a belt ALL DAY.Now,there’s definetly a lot of strength involved(especially on the unstable enviroment with the usual nasty november weather),but technique is the real key to boarding and running pots.The thing is,he always complains about “tweaking” his back from getting out of the truck,or carrying groceries,or flicking the channel(haha).Believe me,all the explination in the world won’t work,and I’ve tried!

I’ve found several other belters recently. One had his name written in permanent ink on his belt, but one was a full blown “engraved belter” and also one of the dudes who always has a towell on his neck - what were those guys’ names?

Well being a novice I am not in a position to make too many judgements about anyone else’s performance in the gym. However, even a beginner like myself knows that “gerald”, (and I know his name because it is boldly emblazened across his belt in a pleasing medley of bright blues, greeens, and reds. As if this isn’t festive enough his moniker is nestled between two rearing stallions!)is a very special boy. He wears his lovely belt rather high and I can only assume it is provide ample room for both the second regular belt he wears just below the first belt, and his fanny pack. Gerald is prepared for any crisis that may arise during his workout as he has attached a number of helpful items to the straps of his fanny pack. These include a leatherman tool, a cell phone, a beeper, a water bottle holster, and what appears to be the sheath for a large knife. But I think the thing I enjoy most about Gerald’s winning ensemble is the musical jangle it emits as he trots on the treadmill.

I gotta meet Gerald. lol

Hey, Savannah, what do you mean Gerald wears a “leatherman tool”?..having trouble visualizing that one, or more accurately, wildly visualizing too many things!
I saw a Gerald Lite this morning at the gym. He wasn’t as colourfully emblazoned, but he had on a short spandex unitard, his lifting belt and a fanny pack. He rode the stationary bike for about 15 minutes, took off his belt to stretch, then left!

My brother had a belt with “Weider” emblazened on the back. He took a permanent marker, and wrote “Wierder” over it. thats my bro…

ok ok ok ive got it. one of these days i am going to lift, and not only will i have my safety belt on, but im going for the full thing. im getting a shirt that says “golds gym 1983”, some bright, pink sweats, and, since im all about safety while lifting, might as well put on a helmet and kneepads over my pink sweats so i can be sure that when i am doing my alt. dumbell curls, i am totally free of danger. once i find all of these things, i will take a picture and post it so you all can see the true, stereotypical, hardcore belter.

He has it in one of those little nylon holster that says leatherman up the side. It snaps over the strap. I also can’t believe I forgot about the walkman too. The fanny pack is so heavy it droops way down around his hips allowing the maximum amount of bouncing and jarring of all the accessories, hence the musical quality.

LOL at Gerald! That is almost too funny to be true.