T Nation

Rare Condition Gives Toddler Super Strength

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070530/strong_toddler_070530?hub=WFive

Liam has a rare genetic condition called myostatin-related muscle hypertrophy, or muscle enlargement.

Liam has the kind of physical attributes that bodybuilders and other athletes dream about: 40 percent more muscle mass than normal, jaw-dropping strength, breathtaking quickness, a speedy metabolism and almost no body fat.

Lucky little bastard.

This is the kinda kid who could go and inadvertently save a lot of people…

Hopefully he grows up to be a nice, modestly humble man who understands that if he can give even 2 hours of his time a week so that doctors can examine his body as he works out or even just eats, he can probably help save a lot of people with muscular degeneration problems.

Hopefully he grows up to get a fake tan, spike his hair, and pick bitches up at the club, with intermittent stop sign rippage of course.

[quote]JLu wrote:
Lucky little bastard.[/quote]

He’ll probably grow up thinking he’s a freak and may even avoid the weight room.

I had a college roommate who, if I could guess was one born with this “problem” may have been, gained muscle so easily that he walked around at a ripped (not lean…RIPPED) 235lbs at 6 feet and only visited the weight room occasionally (I saw him there twice). The rest of the time he spent eating, sleeping (damn he did a lot of this) and screwing. He tried to cover himself up like it was a disorder and never even tried to gain any more than he had.

Someone like that could have been a pro bodybuilder within a year but avoided it completely.

More evidence that black people are more genetically gifted when it comes to bodybuilding.

Fucking Mr Olympia right there. Now… what supplements block myostatin release??

lulz @

“Liam has given his mother a black eye and once punched a hole in the plaster wall during a tantrum. “That’s called attitude,” his mother said.”

Link to story from this year. Video (blocked at my office) and photos.

3-year-old Liam Hoekstra makes a very strong impression
by Jeff Alexander | The Muskegon Chronicle
Thursday January 01, 2009, 10:26 PM

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
More evidence that black people are more genetically gifted when it comes to bodybuilding.[/quote]

Wasn’t Flex Wheeler meant to have this condition?

[quote]taleb wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
More evidence that black people are more genetically gifted when it comes to bodybuilding.

Wasn’t Flex Wheeler meant to have this condition?[/quote]

For the record, I was actually joking but come to think of it I have heard that rumor before but don’t believe it one bit. I imagine someone with this condition could get much bigger than Flex did, although he did have the prettiest proportions in bodybuilding.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
JLu wrote:
Lucky little bastard.

He’ll probably grow up thinking he’s a freak and may even avoid the weight room.

I had a college roommate who, if I could guess was one born with this “problem” may have been, gained muscle so easily that he walked around at a ripped (not lean…RIPPED) 235lbs at 6 feet and only visited the weight room occasionally (I saw him there twice). The rest of the time he spent eating, sleeping (damn he did a lot of this) and screwing. He tried to cover himself up like it was a disorder and never even tried to gain any more than he had.

Someone like that could have been a pro bodybuilder within a year but avoided it completely.[/quote]

That shit is frustrating. I would be a fucking monster with genes like that.

[quote]pro-a-ggression wrote:
Fucking Mr Olympia right there. Now… what supplements block myostatin release??[/quote]

few have tried; including Biotest, all have failed.

as soon as one does, that works; buy stock in that company.

The only proven way to block the myostatin gene/thing has been gene manipulation in embryos and such. Once you’re born, there doesn’t appear to be a way

[quote]yelnats wrote:

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2009/01/liam_hoekstra_3_is_all_muscle.html[/quote]

WTF? That boy couldn’t have looked more normal. He did nothing exceptional in that video. Nothing my normal son couldn’t do at that age. My son could do unassisted pullovers at 4, that kid did one with lots of help at 3 years old. Big deal. My 24 month old can hang and lift his feet to the bar. This story is retarded.

[quote]on edge wrote:
yelnats wrote:

WTF? That boy couldn’t have looked more normal. He did nothing exceptional in that video. Nothing my normal son couldn’t do at that age. My son could do unassisted pullovers at 4, that kid did one with lots of help at 3 years old. Big deal. My 24 month old can hang and lift his feet to the bar. This story is retarded.[/quote]

Agreed, I also didn’t see anything exceptional in that video. If this kid is in fact retardedly strong that video does a poor job of illustrating it.

[quote]JLu wrote:
on edge wrote:
yelnats wrote:

WTF? That boy couldn’t have looked more normal. He did nothing exceptional in that video. Nothing my normal son couldn’t do at that age. My son could do unassisted pullovers at 4, that kid did one with lots of help at 3 years old. Big deal. My 24 month old can hang and lift his feet to the bar. This story is retarded.

Agreed, I also didn’t see anything exceptional in that video. If this kid is in fact retardedly strong that video does a poor job of illustrating it.[/quote]

Well, in a world where First Lady Obama has “amazing arms”…maybe he really is retardedly strong.

::stabs self in eye with dumbbell handle::

[quote]Professor X wrote:
::stabs self in eye with dumbbell handle::[/quote]

Is this is like the new “retard trying to hump a doorknob.”

Either way, it seems fairly ineffective.

Yeah, that video was a huge let down.

I don’t know anything about little kids, so I’ll defer to the judgements of others on how impressive that video was.

However, even if he didn’t showcase tremendous strength, that’s not really the point. The mutation will be in regards to his muscle mass, which, as stated, will become significantly more pronounced when he hits his teen years and starts putting on weight.

He doesn’t look/seem like much now… but give him 10 - 15 years and have another look.

We must capture this child’s DNA.