Rapid Fat Loss on 1500 Calories?

I would like to ask you guys how to utilize the 1500 calories. Basically I want to eat 4 to 5 meals but I don’t know how to divide them in P F C categories for fastest results.

as you can see I have not mentioned my weight or height. My body fat composition is around 29% so I want to drop it. please advise. Thanks

Do you have a workout plan?

yes sir I just need the nutrition guide. The work out and everything else is ready. Basically alot of cardio (4 to 5/week) and 4 days of workout.

[quote]Moeeed wrote:
I would like to ask you guys how to utilize the 1500 calories. Basically I want to eat 4 to 5 meals but I don’t know how to divide them in P F C categories for fastest results.

as you can see I have not mentioned my weight or height. My body fat composition is around 29% so I want to drop it. please advise. Thanks[/quote]

Easiest advice would be P+F for every meal.

P+C meal after you workout.

I know you want to loose fat quickly, but 1500 is LOW! Have you read this article?

It might help.

1500 does indeed sound low. Please tell me you weigh 135 lbs. If not, you are robbing your metabolism of nutrients by going this low (especially if you are shocking it by going from something much higher to this).

As for macro breakup, you definetely want to keep it P + F all the time for the most rapid fat loss. Carbs are added into most of the diets on this site to preserve muscle.

If you are worried abut being hungry, eat a lot of green vegetables (brocolli, cucumbers, lettuce etc.) This will help you volumize your diet. Also, I wouldn’t count the carbs from the GREEN veggies you take in per the above quoted article which is EXCELLENT might I add.

Again, 1500 sounds very low. I am cutting weight right now. I am at 180lbs and I am taking in around 2400cal per day, steadily losing.

have your PC meal before your workout and a shake (Surge) during/after.

other then that…PF meals all about.

[quote]Moeeed wrote:
yes sir I just need the nutrition guide. The work out and everything else is ready. Basically alot of cardio (4 to 5/week) and 4 days of workout. [/quote]

I have no idea what your height, weight and activity levels are not to mention what your idea of " a lot" of cardio and lifting is but 1500 cals sounds like a recipe for catabolism for most. I am 135 pounds and I maintain my weight at about 2500-3000 cals/day. Where did you get this diet from?

If you want to take calories that low, which is probably to drastic for a beginner, I suggest you check out Lyle McDonald’s rapid fat loss book.

Also by putting yourself at that few calories, you need to be totally educated about your nutrient intake and proper supplementation, or you will crash and burn.

[quote]Moeeed wrote:
as you can see I have not mentioned my weight or height

The work out and everything else is ready. Basically alot of cardio (4 to 5/week) and 4 days of workout.[/quote]

Any reason you’re being secretive about your height, weight, and the details of your workout plan? That’s info that’ll help us give better advice (advice like “increase your calories.”)

4-5 cardio sessions and 4 days of weight training is a bunch of activity for such low calories.

Is this a plan you whipped together yourself or did you get it someplace?

You’d likely be better served either doing a drastically low-calorie nutrition plan (V-Diet, Get Shredded Diet, etc.) with moderate exercise or a basic, moderate nutrition plan (Berardi’s 7 Habits, nutrient timing, etc.) with a specific fat burning workout (complexes for fat loss, Tabata, metabolic pairings, etc.)

I vote for the second scenario. Learn basic, “smart” eating, and let the workout tear the fat off.

So I’m giving the original plan you’ve laid out, 1,500 calories with 8-9 workouts per week, an official thumbs down. There’s better options out there.

8-9 training sessions per week on 1500 Calories is damn near impossible. I train 10 sessions per week, and 1500 wouldn’t last me two days, just calculating calories burned during the workouts. I know you want to drop weight quick, but I think you have the wrong idea of how to go about doing it.

Try this instead:

1. Figure out your Lean Body Mass and eat appropriately for it. Eat good wholesome foods. I forget what the multiplier is for Calories per lb of LBM, so i someone could offer a little help?

2. Use a high volume workout plan and try to increase the volume every time you do the same session.

Your body doesn’t like to mobilize fat when you decrease caloric intake, you have to work it off while eating smart.

I agree that 1500 kcal is too low w/ all the physical activity. Your hair will probably fall out, you will wake up about 3 times a night, feel pretty pissed off, be always hungry for splitting up 1500 kcal into 5 meals, and probably lose your ability to get an erection. You will be in total starvation mode and end up overtraining if you actually can push yourself to get the work in.

You are setting yourself up to fail and remain a fatass forever.

[quote]theuofh wrote:
I agree that 1500 kcal is too low w/ all the physical activity. Your hair will probably fall out, you will wake up about 3 times a night, feel pretty pissed off, be always hungry for splitting up 1500 kcal into 5 meals, and probably lose your ability to get an erection. You will be in total starvation mode and end up overtraining if you actually can push yourself to get the work in.

You are setting yourself up to fail and remain a fatass forever. [/quote]

mal nutrition ? dam ya I just wanted to figure out what portions I would need to loose the fat, like percentage of carb, fat and proteins.

That depends on too many different variables to assess your situation over the internet, especially when you won’t give up any information other than your bf%.

if you’re at 29% body fat 1500 calories is almost certainly too low unless you’re a super short girl with almost no lean mass whatsoever.

okay okay shesh…

1500 calories

3 x workout
varible on the week twice upperbody once lower

and on one of the days cardio

5 mile jog at steady 5 to 6 mile/ hour pace. if now then how much more calories should I take in ?

Weight 218 or 220, Height 6’ Body Fat… FAT 30.4 % ← disgusting.

My suggestions are:

Since you are overweight. I would start at 12-14 x 218 = 2600-3000. Focus on eating clean, there is enough calories there to actually have satisfying, clean, healthy meals.

If you are working out 3 days a week, I would recommend one upper, one lower, and one total body.

Jogging slow for an hour is overkill. Do like 20-30 minutes moderate cardio, w/ maybe about 10 minutes of hard intervals in the middle. I would do something harder, like treadmill or rower on upper body, then something easier like bike or elliptical on lower.

You seem pretty disgusted w/ yourself, which is a good thing. Best motivation ever in my opinion. The key point is to make a plan, then stick w/ it for the long haul, specifically diet.

This pretty much contains everything that needs to be said. Emphasis mine.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
4-5 cardio sessions and 4 days of weight training is a bunch of activity for such low calories.

Is this a plan you whipped together yourself or did you get it someplace?

You’d likely be better served either doing a drastically low-calorie nutrition plan (V-Diet, Get Shredded Diet, etc.) with moderate exercise or a basic, moderate nutrition plan (Berardi’s 7 Habits, nutrient timing, etc.) with a specific fat burning workout (complexes for fat loss, Tabata, metabolic pairings, etc.)

I vote for the second scenario. Learn basic, “smart” eating, and let the workout tear the fat off.

So I’m giving the original plan you’ve laid out, 1,500 calories with 8-9 workouts per week, an official thumbs down. There’s better options out there.[/quote]

I agree.

Some specific tips worth mentioning:

Try to consume most of your carbs for breakfast and post-workout.

Protein in every meal.

More volume per workout = more calories burned per workout = less fat. It also = more work in the same amount of time = more muscle. Get it?

The good news: If you do this right, you could be ~180-190 and 12% bf in six months.

[quote]Moeeed wrote:
okay okay shesh…[/quote]
Don’t be sheeshing us, bro. You’ve been asked several times where you came up with this poorly designed original diet and you have yet to answer.

Unless it was given to you by a doctor to address a medical condition that requires you to maintain low calories (which you most certainly should’ve mentioned by now), we’re all operating on the presumption that you’re new to the lifting game and we’re doing what we can to give you some useful advice to get you where you want to be, rather than letting you run with your original game plan and waste time not seeing results.

Again, I don’t like this idea. Even with the modified workout schedule, it’s unrealistic to drop calories that low and throw together a general macronutrient breakdown unless it’s purposefully planned by someone with a bunch of experience and works on a particular principle (a’la V-Diet, Get Shredded, etc.)

I’ll take the guesswork out of it for you. Do what Christian Thibaudeau says. Problem solved.:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1795045
[i]Protein is set at around 1.25 to 1.5 per pound of body weight

Fat comprise 90 to 100% of the energetic nutrients

Carbs comprise 10% or less of the energetic nutrients[/i]

[quote]3 x workout
varible on the week twice upperbody once lower[/quote]
I get the impression you’re not currently lifting, so any basic program will do.
Check out the 25 Method (use the version for hypertrophy):

Or the Strong and Ripped Program:
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_strong_and_ripped_program

You could also go with an upper/lower split like you mentioned, but I’d alternate workouts each day. One week is upper, lower, upper; the next week is lower, upper, lower; repeat.

Either of the programs above will take the thinking out of designing your own program. Do what’s written, as it’s written, and let things happen.

[quote]and on one of the days cardio

5 mile jog at steady 5 to 6 mile/ hour pace.[/quote]
Jogging is the unnatural limbo of the cardio world. Walk, sprint, or interval for best results.

The Strong and Ripped Program already includes light cardio on the days off, but you could tack on 15-20 minutes of moderate-to-high incline walking at the end of each lifting day on the 25 Method.

See nutrition info above.

I don’t give a flying squirrel’s wingflap about your bodyfat percentage. Track your measurements at the hip bones, across the navel, both arms, the nipple line, both upper legs, and both calves. Watching those numbers change will be a more accurate way of tracking progress.

Moeeed,
Your posting history shows that you’ve attempted a run at the v-diet. I was wondering if you’ve based your caloric intake for your proposed diet on the v-diet calculations?

That seems to be what you’ve done, seeing as you’re asking for macronutrient ratios.

If so, don’t do it. The v-diet calculations are not applicable to a solid food diet.