Rapid Fat Loss 2.0

Hello Everyone;
Day 3.
This has actually been a lot easier than i thought (i hope i’m not speaking too soon).
My initial concern was hunger, although my calories are a lot less, the unlimited veggies do help make me feel full, although this feeling of fullness feels strange, the only word i can think of to describe it is ‘weak’. I still feel full enough to not have the urge to raid my fridge.

This is my first time truly dieting and the one thing I’ve really gotten to see is the physiological battle. I find myself flip-flopping, in the morning i am usually solid, thinking to myself “this is easy, i’m excited”.

Than BAM, the cravings for cookies hit me, i fall on my ass physiologically and think “Why am i on this diet, i’ve leaned out before without this strict diet, i can do it again and enjoy my cookies. I can have my pie and eat it too.”

Stick it out through those moment of weakness and feel proud of yourself for stickin it out. Nothing is worst than the feeling of regret. I find my cravings for cookies are a lot less than they were 3 days ago, even with my Girlfriend eating a bunch as we watch dexter. I initially planned on having some of my beloved cookies on my refeed but now i am thinking it’ll be easier if i don’t have them at all.

**Question: Are Tomatoes allowed? I added a small one into a chicken salsa last night and it tasted creamy lol. would be great if they are allowed.

A little help for other on this diet, Please try Allegro Cheese, it is amazing. 1g( fat, .5 sat) | 11g (protein) | a lot of calcium.

[quote]Drozes wrote:
This has actually been a lot easier than i thought (i hope i’m not speaking too soon).[/quote]
This diet has been remarkably easy for me. However, I came off a week of V-Dieting, so I was used to the low calories and low carbs (my diet the past couple of years has been relatively low carb, so that probably helps).

[quote]Drozes wrote:
**Question: Are Tomatoes allowed? I added a small one into a chicken salsa last night and it tasted creamy lol. would be great if they are allowed.[/quote]
Buy the book.

I have already bought and read the book 2 times. He mentions making a Beef salad with tomatoes, but looking into tomatoes they are different from most other Vegetables.

Another weird thing i discovered, my body reacts to affine Very strangely when i am low cal.

[quote]Drozes wrote:
I have already bought and read the book 2 times. He mentions making a Beef salad with tomatoes, but looking into tomatoes they are different from most other Vegetables.

Another weird thing i discovered, my body reacts to affine Very strangely when i am low cal.[/quote]

tomatoes are actually a fruit not a vegetable… but thats not really an issue lol. Tomatoes are ok as far as I know? Pretty sure they’re good to go.
Well today is day 4 of round 2 on the diet. I’ve had a slight headache for the past 2 and a half days. I dont know why? I didnt really have any headaches the first time but I was using HOT-ROX then and I am not using any this time around? Ok well I hope everyone is doing good on their diets! Keep it up

.greg.

keep it up guys!! off for an awesome weekend in atlanta … baseball tourney for my oldest son :slight_smile:
im so ready for round 2 :slight_smile: but seems the time off is helping :slight_smile:

have a great weekend!!!

On day 3 and up 1.5lbs. Does anyone have any ideas on why this could be? I’m dieting as a Cat 1 and probably moving to 2 to bring my Protein intake down. I also have never previously salted my food and now I am killing it. Could it be water retention from that? Thanks for any and all input!

MD

[quote]Mdougherty40 wrote:
On day 3 and up 1.5lbs. Does anyone have any ideas on why this could be? I’m dieting as a Cat 1 and probably moving to 2 to bring my Protein intake down. I also have never previously salted my food and now I am killing it. Could it be water retention from that? Thanks for any and all input!

MD[/quote]

Why are you weighing yourself everyday? The first time I did the diet I didn’t weigh in till the final day. You’re weight can fluctuate day to day based off of a lot of things (maybe you drank a lot of water, weighing in at a different time, not dropping a duece that morning) so I wouldn’t worry about it too much. Cat 1 is on 11 days so I’m sure you could probably go less than 2 weeks without stepping on the scale. Thats my recommendation.

Whats your daily food intake looking like? You keeping a log?

.greg.

Hello everyone;

Hey greg, i was thinking of jumping onto HOT-ROX (did a lot of research and seems like it has very little long-term affects).
Why did you stop HOT-ROX for this cycle?

I’m on day 4 and my craving are completely gone (other than at night, but a 1/2 cup of crystal lite kills that).
My hunger has went down huge and my energy levels are great.
This diet seems very manageagle and so fat i have seen great results.

Planning on taking out the free meals completely (as they are only psychological)
Will still be taking my re-feeds as they have some physiological effects.

At first i though i might be eating too much because I’m feeling the wear/tear of this diet too much, but down 7lbs on the fourth day. Although i know the weight can fluctuated largely. Going to do my first refeed today, so i’ll let you guys know how much i spike.

Thanks for the reply. I am not weighing everyday, but wanted to see if there was any water/glycogen drop so at least I know I’m on the right track. I am not keeping a log purposefully. My daily food intake for the first 2, now 3rd, days were on par with recommendations.

I eat 6 meals, every 3 hours and was aiming for 49g of Protein each one of them (Usually getting around 35 each meal). Eating veggies with every meal, salting everything liberally, supplementing with electrolytes, EFAs, plenty of water, etc.

As Cat 1 here is a typical day:
Meal 1 - 630
6 egg white omelette, filled with veggies and 2 slices of FF cheese. 28g PRO
Meal 2 - 930
Salmon or canned chicken w/ broccoli and cheese (2 slices) 36g PRO
Meal 3 - 1230
Same or with Deli style chicken/turkey, cheese and veggies 30-40g PRO
Meal 4 - 330
Same - 30-40g PRO
Meal 5 - around 5-530 (BJJ practice at 6)
Same - 30-40 g PRO
Meal 6 - 8-830
1/2 cup FF cottage cheese and 1 scoop of protein - 36g PRO

I’m not worried, just wondering. I think it’s the sudden intake of salt and excess water. I have been using crystal light, lemon juice, mustard, FF balsamic vinegerette and salsa. I’m weight training 3 days a week and dropped any conditioning I was doing.

Drozes - Im not taking it cause I dont have anymore lol. I tried to order some but they are backordered so I’ll have to wait. I’m actually thinking off coming off the diet until they come in and I can get some more. I’m kind of dragging lately without it.

MD40 - I would maybe cut down on some of the veggies. It is possible to eat too many veggies depending on how much you weigh. I dont remember seeing your before stats?

.greg.

MD40 - also I wouldnt drop all your conditioning. I’d re read the parts of the book that talk about conditioning…

.greg.

Cut down on veggies? Hmmm, were talking about vegetables here! I know he mentions you can overdo veggies but he also references a smaller women MAYBE doing this. If anything I’m gonna cut out salt first and see what happens. Thanks though.

Stats:
5’7
15%

Today was my first “official” refeed (remember I said I hadn’t been following the diet 100% in the past). Here’s what I destroyed:

2 medium-sized bananas (54g)
2 medium-sized bagels (120g)
4 tbsp fat-free cream cheese (4g)
1 serving Surge Recovery (52g)
1 cup skim milk (13g)
1 scoop Metabolic Drive (4g)
2 cups (dry) whole wheat penne rigate (120g)
1.5 cups pasta sauce (33g)

Total damage = 400g CHO

Stats are 5’7", floating around 180-182 pre-refeed, 15-17% BF.

Refeed was towards the upper end of the spectrum (~2.7x). I bumped it up considerably from last week because I didn’t gain any weight last week (CHO was ~1.5x). Also, I hit the weights 5 days this week (following CT’s Get Jacked Fast training program). If it takes me more than 2 days to get back down to my pre-refeed levels, I’ll know I overdid it… but I don’t think I did.

Done in 20 days!

Cut down on veggies? Hmmm, were talking about vegetables here! I know he mentions you can overdo veggies but he also references a smaller women MAYBE doing this. If anything I’m gonna cut out salt first and see what happens. Thanks though.
[/quote]

good move considering that each component of your meals is either naturally salty (egg whites, cc) or have added salt (deli & canned meat)

My suggestion would be to get rid of the deli meat entirely as it probably has carbs added in. nothing major, but it does add calories.

[quote]jo3 wrote:
… Also, I hit the weights 5 days this week (following CT’s Get Jacked Fast training program)…[/quote]

How do you like this program? Isnt Thibs “Get Jacked… Fast” book a 12 week diet, workout, and supplement routine? Or am I mistaken? Im curious about this. thanks a lot Jo and keep it up

.greg.

[quote]Evil1 wrote:

[/quote]

good move considering that each component of your meals is either naturally salty (egg whites, cc) or have added salt (deli & canned meat)

My suggestion would be to get rid of the deli meat entirely as it probably has carbs added in. nothing major, but it does add calories.
[/quote]

Yeah, I only have one more package of deli meat to go through. I don’t usually rely on it and finally got out to the store to get chicken breast. I feel much better after cutting the salt out, like completely better. I think I was really retaining water with all the extra salt I was putting in my food. I’m not gonna weight myself until Wednesday but I feel great, looking leaner and energy levels are starting to level out. My biggest problem is not being active because I enjoy going to the gym or just getting outside for a jog, especially when it’s nice out. I went for a run yesterday and my legs felt like lead and I felt really slow but I just kept an easy pace. Definitely could feel the lack of carbs! The first 3 days are the worst and now I feel like I could do this to reach my goal then go into more of a lifestyle diet. Of course, I’m saying this now on a weekend with no school/classes/BJJ/stress!

My biggest problem is not being active because I enjoy going to the gym or just getting outside for a jog, especially when it’s nice out. I went for a run yesterday and my legs felt like lead and I felt really slow but I just kept an easy pace. Definitely could feel the lack of carbs! The first 3 days are the worst and now I feel like I could do this to reach my goal then go into more of a lifestyle diet. Of course, I’m saying this now on a weekend with no school/classes/BJJ/stress!
[/quote]

you need to start drinking ‘Slow Cow’ (google it) and this green stuff, that I hear calms you down :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

hey greg~ here in georgia a couple vitamin stores carry HOT-ROX… vitamin world and complete nutrition…
might try to call around and see if any of your local stores have them!! :slight_smile:

had an amazing weekend at the ball fields … it was 66 so nice compared to 30 and snow
i did great took my protein with me so i could avoid the bad stuff!!
gonna start back monday for round 2 :slight_smile:

have a great monday

Hey everyone, Today is the 7th day, going great so far and noticing huge changes in my composition.

Hey Robilyn - Noticed you on the other thread too, you seem super enthusiastic about this diet. Mind me asking how your first round results were?

Mdougherty40 - I wish it was nice enough where i live to go jogging outside.

Just passed my first weekend on the diet. without work to keep me on a timely schedule i found it was more difficult to keep track on my calories. Especially because we are renovating the basement, tough to do on low cal.

Thought of a great meal to mix things up this weekend.
Boil some Broccoli and melt a bunch of cheese on it. The cheese i eat is (11g protein, 1g fat). So i get a few branches on Broccoli, 3 serving of cheese and i get a meal with 33g of protien/3g of fat.

Also, if any of you are havign craving problems. I used some home-made gummy-bear in the start to help calm them.
Sugar/fat free Gummy bears.

• 7 envlope of geltine (Knox is a good brand but now i buy it in bulk from bulkbarn)
  • 2 packets (singles) of Crystal Lite.
  • 1 Package of Sugar-free Jello (match Flavours) (10 calories)
  • 1/2 cup of water

Mix in a measuring cup until very goopy.
Put into saucepan on low heat (2-3) and stir for 10 minutes.
Pour into molds (i use plastic ice cube trays).
Place in freezer for 5 minutes.
I find they taste best the next day, but i usually bag them and eat them if i get a craving.

Don’t have many cravings anymore in fact haven’t had anything off of the diet for the last 3 days.

[quote]Evil1 wrote:

[/quote]

you need to start drinking ‘Slow Cow’ (google it) and this green stuff, that I hear calms you down ;P[/quote]

Oh yeah, that’s generally a late night addition after a long day! Day 6 and I’m feeling pretty good, just a little foggy after I study and generally lethargic. Looking and feeling leaner though so that helps. Caffiene is useful and after revisiting a chapter in metabolism I feel like stimulation of your sympathetics can only increase lipolysis but at what cost to long-term adrenal fatigue? Who knows, its good for now though!