Rapid Fat Loss 2.0

I don’t think anyone made another thread so here it is.

I like following peoples progress on this diet and might try it my self sometime. Anyways for those of you who are on it, post here please :).

I was wondering when someone would make another one of these. I thought it would have been started up by someone still on the diet but either way here it is. I’m up in Canada for some skiing and the winter Olympics… I think I might run the diet again some time soon after I get back?

Well good luck to everyone who’s still going strong!

Ok well I’m decided to run this diet again. It really wasn’t that difficult for me the first time until about the 9 day mark so I guess I’ll do it once more. I’m gonna goto costco and pick up a bunch of chicken, salmon and tuna then probably start up tomorrow. I’m also thinking of being more active this time with a few more trips to the gym.

.greg.

I’m still curious about the possibility of lean tissue loss on such a diet… and how much actual fatty tissue can really be lost.

[quote]benmoore wrote:
I’m still curious about the possibility of lean tissue loss on such a diet… and how much actual fatty tissue can really be lost.[/quote]

depends on what category dieter you are. What’re you stats? I.E. Height, weight, BF (estimate if need be) what do your numbers look like on the big 3 lifts?

.greg.

I thought about giving cat 1 a stab, but I really need to kick conditioning for rugby into gear. Plus I really want to do it with an EC stack and not HOT-ROX.

yeah the EC stack would be nice. HOT-ROX are backordered right now anyway. did you ever post your before/after pics and stats Ren?

.greg.

Is Cat 1 really that much more difficult than Cat 2? It seems like the protein intake is 2x higher, and you only lose out on the refeed/cheat meal, neither of which I’ve absolutely needed during the 3 weeks I’ve been on RFL (Cat 2).

Hello Everyone,
Was following the first thread, happy this one got started.

Today is day 1 for me as a Cat 2 dieter, (should be cat 1, but doing cat 2 for 3 weeks first).
Went grocery shopping and prepared a ton of broccoli, celery, green peppers and spinach.
Stocked up on chicken, fish and some extra lean ground beef(gonna be using it for this days that i need an upper).
Also found this awesome cheese, 1g of fat, 11g of protein. sounds too good to be true.

Today’s meal plan:
Breakfast(7am): 250ml of egg whites (24g of protein) with some cheese (11g protein). and a Broccoli as a filler.
Meal 1(11am): 200g of Ham (33g protein), spinach, green peppers, broccoli, vinegar.
Meal 2 (3pm): 3/4 can of salmon (33g protien), spinash, peppers, broccoli, vinegar.
Meal 4 (7pm): Chicken (50g of protien), spanish, Broccoli.

Also hitting the gym today to try and help myself get rid of any floating carbs, going to down half a bottle of G2 (15 calories) before hand.

My protein count is only 150g instead of my calculated 195g, so hoping to tailor the diet better to fit me.

Thank god i love broccoli.

[quote]Drozes wrote:
Hello Everyone,
Was following the first thread, happy this one got started.

Today is day 1 for me as a Cat 2 dieter, (should be cat 1, but doing cat 2 for 3 weeks first).
Went grocery shopping and prepared a ton of broccoli, celery, green peppers and spinach.
Stocked up on chicken, fish and some extra lean ground beef(gonna be using it for this days that i need an upper).
Also found this awesome cheese, 1g of fat, 11g of protein. sounds too good to be true.

Today’s meal plan:
Breakfast(7am): 250ml of egg whites (24g of protein) with some cheese (11g protein). and a Broccoli as a filler.
Meal 1(11am): 200g of Ham (33g protein), spinach, green peppers, broccoli, vinegar.
Meal 2 (3pm): 3/4 can of salmon (33g protien), spinash, peppers, broccoli, vinegar.
Meal 4 (7pm): Chicken (50g of protien), spanish, Broccoli.

Also hitting the gym today to try and help myself get rid of any floating carbs, going to down half a bottle of G2 (15 calories) before hand.

My protein count is only 150g instead of my calculated 195g, so hoping to tailor the diet better to fit me.

Thank god i love broccoli.

[/quote]

Good luck man. you’re food choices look good IMO. I tried the canned salmon and I just couldn’t do it. there was a ton of bones in mine and salmon skin… just not really my thing. I got a bunch of cans of canned albacore (really tastey) and some canned chicken (kinda tastes like canned tuna/albacore) from costco for when i need some quick protein without cooking anything. I am also going to be starting up today and doing the Cat 1 diet again. I’m heading to the gym now to weigh myself and see what it is. Should be around 212 or 213 i think? I just got back from a week up in Whistler BC for the olympics of skiing, eating tons of food and drinking without ever stepping foot in a gym so who knows what my weight is? Good luck man

.greg.

[quote]jo3 wrote:
Is Cat 1 really that much more difficult than Cat 2? It seems like the protein intake is 2x higher, and you only lose out on the refeed/cheat meal, neither of which I’ve absolutely needed during the 3 weeks I’ve been on RFL (Cat 2).[/quote]

You’ve already done the cat 2 for three weeks? How has it gone for you so far?

IMO the only difference is the cheat/refeed meals like you said but it all just depends on your BF. With a lower BF (15% or less i think?) you’re supposed to have for the cat 1 your body doesn’t have as much body fat to burn which is why the low cals seem more difficult. Whereas, if you’re on the diet as a cat 2 you’re supposed to have more BF (16%-20% I believe?) to burn making the low cals not seem as hard. Thats kind of my thoughts on the diet?

.greg.

Seems to work well. I did 2 rounds as a cat 1.

First two weeks went from 215 to 208.5 and ne estimated 11% BF. I started the diet at 13% Poliquin 10 site measured.

I did one big carbup day and one high fat day and went into the second phase.

Let me tell you, Lyle doesn’t recommend a second phase right away but I did it anyway. The results? I was stagnated at 210-212 for 8 days.

Then the last 3 days I dropped to 207.5lbs, it was brutal.

I’d do it again but only for 1 phase.

During this phase I was 100% compliant, did not use any thermogenics but used a Poliquin inspired Cortisol protocol to keep Testosterone up and insulin down.

Onward.

hello all… been meaning to start this new thread… but got side tracked with sinus crud…
had to stop it 2 weeks early :frowning: i did fairly good didnt lose as much as i hoped for but so ready to roll again… so im doing the maint. then gonna go for round 2 somewhere around march 1 :slight_smile:

Hey Greg,
You’re really active on these thread, the first thread i found a lot of your comments very helpful.

Have not done the diet yet, i am planning to do cat 2 for 3 weeks, take 1 week off than jump on cat 1. I’m already in that cat 1 zone, but want to test the diet as a cat 2. Can’t let the diet affect my job.

Man, lucky you to go to the Olympics, I live in Canada and don’t get to go lol.

Not on any stims yet, got a bottle of HOT-ROX incase the fatigue sets in. Started through some coffee grinds into my tea to add more caffeine.

I got before pics that i’ll post after I finish my first cycle.
Keep you guys posted.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]jo3 wrote:
Is Cat 1 really that much more difficult than Cat 2? It seems like the protein intake is 2x higher, and you only lose out on the refeed/cheat meal, neither of which I’ve absolutely needed during the 3 weeks I’ve been on RFL (Cat 2).[/quote]

You’ve already done the cat 2 for three weeks? How has it gone for you so far?

IMO the only difference is the cheat/refeed meals like you said but it all just depends on your BF. With a lower BF (15% or less i think?) you’re supposed to have for the cat 1 your body doesn’t have as much body fat to burn which is why the low cals seem more difficult. Whereas, if you’re on the diet as a cat 2 you’re supposed to have more BF (16%-20% I believe?) to burn making the low cals not seem as hard. Thats kind of my thoughts on the diet?

.greg.[/quote]

Saying I’ve done the Cat 2 for 3 weeks might be a bit of a stretch, and my numbers might not seem completely accurate. But before I go into detail, here are my stats from 4 weeks back:

Height: 5’7" (171 cm)
Weight: 196.7 in
Waist: 37.5 in

4 weeks ago: I started the V-Diet at 196.7 lbs (inflated because I devoured an entire large pizza the night before). End of the week, I was at 190.0 lbs, but by then, I was feeling so miserable from the diet that I had to call it quits.

3 weeks ago: In the mean time, I had been reading about the RFL and got very interested, so 2 days after quitting the V-Diet, I started RFL as a Cat 2. Diet was pretty spot on, but I didn’t train at all that week, nor did I take any thermogenic (HOT-ROX or EC stack). End of the week, I didn’t do a refeed because I didn’t feel like I could justify having one (no training and no hunger pangs).

2 weeks ago: Began to incorporate workouts. Followed CT’s Get Jacked Fast training program (upper/lower split, 4 workouts a week) since the diet in the first phase of GJF is extremely similar to the RFL diet (minimal carbs and fats and high protein… only difference being a higher protein intake). Threw in an additional 20g of whey pre-workout (in accordance with GJF protocols). No refeed this week, but I cheated like a champ from Sat night - Sun morning (lakehouse party) and then Sun evening (Super Bowl).

Last week: Same as above, except no crazy cheat (or any cheat for that matter), and I had my first refeed consisting of ~250-275g CHO in my 5-hour window. I didn’t gain any weight the following morning, so I don’t know if that was enough (I did use the more conservative multiplier of 1.5x when I probably should have gone on the higher end since I was working out 4x a week).

Starting yesterday, I decided to follow RFL much more strictly. EC stack, be more conscientious about my peri-workout nutrition, and really up the kcals during my refeeds to give my metabolism a much needed boost.

Yesterday, I remeasured myself since I’m starting fresh, and my new measurements are:

Weight: 185.0 lbs (down 11.7 lbs)
Waist: 35 in (down 2.5 in)

I’ve lost about 12 lbs in the past 4 weeks, but this includes about 7 lbs lost in week 1 during the V-Diet (but this is probably similar to the huge drop that many experience in the first week on RFL). 5 lbs in 3 weeks doesn’t sound that great, but it’s not bad considering my waist has gone down 2.5 inches and I feel like I’m leaner. I also think that by adding in the EC stack, being more strict about my protein intake (previously, I didn’t account for the 20g of whey pre-workout), and not being so scared of carbs during my carb refeed, my results will be better.

And I’m sure someone will question me working out 4x a week. To be honest, I’m having no problems with this diet (it’s almost too easy, minus the occasional cravings I get for junk/fattening foods). My energy levels are good. My workouts could be better, but I think that’s more due to the fact that I’m used to busting my balls during my bulking days where I’d eat at a caloric surplus, take Surge Workout Fuel pre-workout, and Surge Recovery post-workout (workouts are improving nevertheless since I’m getting used to not having carbs before/during my workout).

Most notable effect of RFL: I’m DOMSing like a bitch. I thought the soreness would go away after the first few workouts, but man my ass, groin, and hamstrings get sore like none other a day after my leg workouts! (I salt my food and am supplementing with magnesium and potassium, as recommended.)

My biggest fear is that the reason this diet feels so easy isn’t because I’m a disciplined dieter but moreso because my metabolism/hormones have been shot. Hopefully this is not the case.

[quote]Drozes wrote:
Hey Greg,
You’re really active on these thread, the first thread i found a lot of your comments very helpful.

Have not done the diet yet, i am planning to do cat 2 for 3 weeks, take 1 week off than jump on cat 1. I’m already in that cat 1 zone, but want to test the diet as a cat 2. Can’t let the diet affect my job.

Man, lucky you to go to the Olympics, I live in Canada and don’t get to go lol.

Not on any stims yet, got a bottle of HOT-ROX incase the fatigue sets in. Started through some coffee grinds into my tea to add more caffeine.

I got before pics that i’ll post after I finish my first cycle.
Keep you guys posted.
[/quote]

Yeah I’m pretty active on these. It helps me to stick to the diet in a way. I’ve lurked a lot on this site and found it helpful when people share their experiences so I thought I’d share mine.

The Olympics were awesome! We saw the Ski Jump, Luge and the medal ceremony up in Whistler. It was such a great vibe. Definitely a once in a lifetime experience and something I always wanted to do before I die so I guess I can cross that off my list now lol.

.greg.

Darkane - I thought about doing what you did but I’m glad I didnt use such a quick turn around on the diet.

Robilyn - Nice to see you back. Sorry that you got sick. I like the new avatar too… you’re back looks good.

Jo3 - I think losing 12 lbs in a month is pretty damn good. Keep it up on the Cat 2 and let us know how it goes. Looking foward to hearing your progress

Ok so I’m officially giving the RFL another go around starting today. A week up in Canada of skiing, watching the olympics, not eating very much good food and not working out really didn’t do a body good.

Today is Day 1 of RFL round 2. Weighed in at 210 this morning and was feeling small :frowning: went for a 5k run this morning. Going to the gym to lift later on. I think i’m gonna try doing the diet with a few more workouts than last time. If I start to feel a lack of energy or that i’m wasting my time in the gym I’ll cut back to the recommended 2-3 workouts a week.

good luck everyone.

.greg.

dropped a solid 10 pounds of fat. I’ll dig up my pics here this week.

[quote]gregron wrote:
yeah the EC stack would be nice. HOT-ROX are backordered right now anyway. did you ever post your before/after pics and stats Ren?

.greg.[/quote]

Started the RFL today after buying the book impulsively yesterday. Starting as a Cat 1 (174 lbs.) at around 396g of Protein. The only thing that worries me is that I typically get very lethargic, have more DOMS, and crap out at Jiu Jitsu practice when I’m this low on carbs. Oh well, only 11-12 days! Looking forward to trimming some fat. I just needed to buy the book to get the precise numbers, I hate trying to guess and literally need to see a plan in front of me for it (and me) to be successful.

I plan on still having Lyle’s recommended pre and peri carbs to hopefully help my performance. I usually lift 2-3 days per week and do 2 days of cardio on top of 4-5 days of BJJ. I’m probably going to cut the cardio and keep the lifting at 3 days. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks
MD

Hello all. Started RFL back at the end of december at 218lbs, and im currently in my second phase. Im down to 195lbs, which the weight loss is fantastic. I am begining to worry that my bodyfat percentage doesnt seem to be changing much, however my weight dropping. Im not sure if im dropping lean mass, or is it just water weight, or me worrying without cause!

218lbs
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1307/dsc00834v.jpg
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/8655/dsc00833g.jpg

195lbs
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5262/dsc00930b.jpg
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9097/dsc00929lf.jpg