Rape and Violence Against Men

After all we know with our justice system every person in prison deserves to be there right?

It’s almost enough to make me hope you get thrown in jail or falsely accused and held there and raped so maybe you’d have the sense to change your inane position. Then again I don’t wish rape on anyone so like I said, ALMOST enough.

[quote]thethirdruffian wrote:
Bit of trivia, homosexual rape of men has been rapidly increasing in the US military (all branches) starting with “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell” and spiking upwards with under Obama’s policies such that now most rape victims in the US military are men.

Makes you want to sign your 17 year old boy up, huh? Get raped and then dumped in an ego-driven war in Syria![/quote]

Weird that you mention DADT and Obama’s policies and some sort of spike, but your evidence is a study from 2008? And that same link only specifically talks about sexual assaults that occurred in 1967 and during the Vietnam war? Not saying you’re wrong, just find it odd you didn’t bother to actually back up your claim with any sort of evidence, yet gave the impression that you did…

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

Prison rape is almost never random, it’s usually from a owing a debt, talking shit, being a sex offender, or poking your nose where it doesn’t belong.[/quote]

Yeah they definitely deserve it…it was their fault.

[quote]VTBalla34 wrote:

Bit of trivia, homosexual rape of men has been rapidly increasing in the US military (all branches) starting with “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell” and spiking upwards with under Obama’s policies such that now most rape victims in the US military are men.

Makes you want to sign your 17 year old boy up, huh? Get raped and then dumped in an ego-driven war in Syria![/quote]

Weird that you mention DADT and Obama’s policies and some sort of spike, but your evidence is a study from 2008? And that same link only specifically talks about sexual assaults that occurred in 1967 and during the Vietnam war? Not saying you’re wrong, just find it odd you didn’t bother to actually back up your claim with any sort of evidence, yet gave the impression that you did…[/quote]

Victims of sex assaults in military are mostly men

More military men than women are sexually abused in the ranks each year, a Pentagon survey shows, highlighting the underreporting of male-on-male assaults.

When the Defense Department released the results of its anonymous sexual abuse survey this month and concluded that 26,000 service members were victims in fiscal 2012, which ended Sept. 30, an automatic assumption was that most were women. But roughly 14,000 of the victims were male and 12,000 female, according to a scientific survey sample produced by the Pentagon.

“It appears that the DOD has serious problems with male-on-male sexual assaults that men are not reporting and the Pentagon doesn’t want to talk about,” Elaine Donnelly, who heads the Center for Military Readiness. She noted that only 2 percent of assailants are women.

. . . . President Obamaâ??s decision to lift the ban on open gays in the ranks, which took effect in September 2011.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

Prison rape is almost never random, it’s usually from a owing a debt, talking shit, being a sex offender, or poking your nose where it doesn’t belong.[/quote]

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

It is not meant to rehabilitate anyone. Rehabbing one’s self is up to the person. And for most of these guys, they go in with a high school diploma in crime, only to come out with a Phd.

I wholeheartedly agree with the first statement. Rehab, community service, probation, parole… these are meant to rehabilitate the individual prison is meant purely for containment or segregation. If prison is meant to rehabilitate, it does a phenomenally bad job of it. On top of that, I hope to God my gov’t doesn’t figure out procedures for converting multiple murders into choir boys regardless of their will because the method can’t be that much more complicated or different in reverse.

WRT the rape of prisoners, the chances of a juvenile being raped in prison more than triples when they are imprisoned with adults. While the incidence of rape is low, I don’t entirely agree with the premise that those who are raped in prison deserve it.

And I certainly don’t believe wishing rape on someone to be too vulgar. For most of the people I have wished it on, the actual carrying out of multiple incidents of rape would hardly be quid pro quo.

[quote]Phoenix44e wrote:

Who really gives a fuck if criminals are being raped in prison. Don’t be a criminal. [/quote]

So you want said criminals out on parole or walking free after being raped and with a not-so-good persona to boot? Or how about those that perpetrate rape? Want those out too?

Oh wait, you live in never never land. I guess you’re as safe as a white school girl walking in Pakistan yeah?

Bit of trivia, homosexual rape of men has been [u]rapidly increasing[/u] in the US military (all branches) [u]starting with “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell”[/u] and [u]spiking [/u] upwards with under Obama’s policies [/quote]

[/quote]

Victims of sex assaults in military are mostly men

More military men than women are sexually abused in the ranks each year, a Pentagon survey shows, highlighting the underreporting of male-on-male assaults.

When the Defense Department released the results of its anonymous sexual abuse survey this month and concluded that 26,000 service members were victims in fiscal 2012, which ended Sept. 30, an automatic assumption was that most were women. But roughly 14,000 of the victims were male and 12,000 female, according to a scientific survey sample produced by the Pentagon.

“It appears that the DOD has serious problems with male-on-male sexual assaults that men are not reporting and the Pentagon doesn’t want to talk about,” Elaine Donnelly, who heads the Center for Military Readiness. She noted that only 2 percent of assailants are women.

. . . . President Obama�¢??s decision to lift the ban on open gays in the ranks, which took effect in September 2011.

[/quote]

Trying to figure out which one you are having the most trouble comprehending:
-The definitions of “rapidly increasing” and “spiking”
-Delineating actual starting points
-Posting relevant citations that actually support the above claims (that would, of course, assume you actually understood the definitions of the claims you were making).

You have now posted two links, in two separate attempts, to support of your assertion that "homosexual rape of men has been rapidly increasing in the US military (all branches) starting with “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell” and spiking upwards with under Obama’s policies. The problem is that none of what you posted even mention an increase (only FY12 totals) much less a “rapid” or “spiking” one.

And neither of the links you posted even mention DADT, much less fingering that as a “starting” point of the “trend”. I just purused them, but given your track record I am also doubtful that they show a correlation of any trend (that would have to of course establish that one exists) under Obama’s policies.

So now you are 0/2 in supporting your claims, while still bizarrely giving the impression that you did. You wanna go for a 3rd, champ? Because right now, it appears you are just talking out of your ass.

With all due respect, of course.

[quote]lucasa wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

It is not meant to rehabilitate anyone. Rehabbing one’s self is up to the person. And for most of these guys, they go in with a high school diploma in crime, only to come out with a Phd.

I wholeheartedly agree with the first statement. Rehab, community service, probation, parole… these are meant to rehabilitate the individual prison is meant purely for containment or segregation. If prison is meant to rehabilitate, it does a phenomenally bad job of it. On top of that, I hope to God my gov’t doesn’t figure out procedures for converting multiple murders into choir boys regardless of their will because the method can’t be that much more complicated or different in reverse.

WRT the rape of prisoners, the chances of a juvenile being raped in prison more than triples when they are imprisoned with adults. While the incidence of rape is low, I don’t entirely agree with the premise that those who are raped in prison deserve it.

And I certainly don’t believe wishing rape on someone to be too vulgar. For most of the people I have wished it on, the actual carrying out of multiple incidents of rape would hardly be quid pro quo.[/quote]

Juveniles are not housed with adults, if you are a minor, you are in a youth authority or juvenile hall type of place.

There is no explanation for what happens in there other than it being the concrete jungle.

It is literally survival of the fittest, if someone wants your ass, they can try to take it. But the repercussions are also the same.

Rule of thumb, be VERY sure you want to do whatever it is you want to do. Because if you try and fail, it could mean your life.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

Juveniles are not housed with adults, if you are a minor, you are in a youth authority or juvenile hall type of place.[/quote]

We’re both being pretty sloppy with terminology so I’m not entirely sure we’re on different pages. It’s certainly not an exact science either;

Generally in our country today, you’re right but, in anything but the vaguest or most general of terms, you’re wrong. Juveniles aren’t generally housed with adults, but minors most certainly get tried as adults and go to prison with adults. I admit to regurgitating data that has been used to support anti-rape legislation and anti-trial as adult defenses without a firm source, I recall some DOJ studies from the late 90s early 00s, but I didn’t read the studies myself. Also, I’m extrapolating from vague and, possibly modestly historical recollections (I haven’t been in/around people of any court for awhile) and in the light of what I said in the first part of the post. Juvenile court is aimed at rehabilitation and Criminal court is aimed at punishment and abatement or deterrence. The issue of minors in adult prison is somewhat moot as prisoners certainly age from juvenile to adult facilities (concurrently or not) and your chances of being raped magically tripling on your 18th birthday when you move to adult prison doesn’t dispel my point about it not being doled out in a just or reasonable manner. I think we both certainly agree that juveniles and adults are generally separated for a reason and that prison rapists favor weakness in their victims as much if not more than any sense of justice.

I didn’t reiterate your point. No matter how often do you tell yourself something, the reality never changes.

So now people shouldn’t be held responsible for defending themselves? Seriously, follow your points out to their logical conclusions. When do people have to stop being responsible? Now the number makes a difference? The number of heinous crimes makes no difference if the crimes are all wrong.

So tell me, does killing a person who is innocent carry the same moral weight as killing someone who admitted to killing another person? How about if they slaughter twenty people? What happens when the crime is different, say a rape? I am not looking for differences in states or countries, I am talking about their moral weights.

[quote]c.m.l. wrote: And believe me I can utilize logic well enough, its your irrational leaps that make little sense.
[/quote]