T Nation

Rant on Rate!

Has anyone noticed that the vast majority of people on the Rate My Physique forum have really low scores. What makes them think that they will get positive responses??

I mean call me negative but i look in the mirror and think “I am a podgy, lazy fuck who hasn’t trained form 18 months” Not " oooo check out the flabby gut and man breasts. And look how those love handles hang over the hips I must share this with the world"!!!

The whole forum is filled with idiots who think Ripped=big or are so out of proportion it’s a suprise they could stand up straight to have the picture taken!!

Can any one tell me what makes these people see some Bronzed adonis in the mirror every morning…seriously!!!

Granted there are some guys who deserve to be on there. jetcloud is looking good and has a bright future, old navy is showing it can be done at any age and no excuses is showing how women should work out!

The rest is just trash!!! (no offence if i missed you out)

That’s my Rant for the day!!

Dave

This site is so much better after clicking on:

customize…Rate My Physique…off…save

[quote]Large Dave wrote:

Granted there are some guys who deserve to be on there. jetcloud is looking good and has a bright future, old navy is showing it can be done at any age and no excuses is showing how women should work out!

Dave[/quote]

Kiyoshi Moody is solid also, and has the highest rating to date on that thread.

Maybe some people want to be rated so they know where they stand in comparison to others, and what areas they need to improve on.

It could be a numbers thing, some people like to see their body in terms of a number rating system, but that’s just my opinion.

(Many, NOT all…verified from another “anti” Site…)

Mufasa

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:

Kiyoshi Moody is solid also, and has the highest rating to date on that thread.

Maybe some people want to be rated so they know where they stand in comparison to others, and what areas they need to improve on.

It could be a numbers thing, some people like to see their body in terms of a number rating system, but that’s just my opinion.[/quote]

Yeah Moody has clearly done alot of work and really deserves the rating he has.

as for what to improve on… most of the posts on there it wold be clear to a b;ind retarded guy what needs to be done. They’re doing that whole “what do i need to do” thing i the hope that everyone gonna go “nothing bro, looking good!”

Thats what i mean, where is this self dilusion coming from?!?!?!?!

[quote]SWR wrote:

[/quote]

Does it work for certain posters too? That would be golden.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
SWR wrote:

Does it work for certain posters too? That would be golden.[/quote]

I wish. You can add people to your “ignore list”, but I think that only makes it so they can’t PM you.

I would rather it blocked all of their posts.

large dave, how’re you looking these days?

[quote]mike402 wrote:
large dave, how’re you looking these days?[/quote]

hahahaha i currently suck… but that’s my point. i KNOW i suck. i know i can do something about it.and when i’m good and ready i’ll sort myself out!!!

I’m not posting pictures of myself on T-Nation and either:

1. Thinking i’m awesome
  2. Asking stupid questions

Like i said not all of the posts are like that but with the info avaliable to everyone on this site we should be seeing a few more 6-7+'s on that forum.

i think it’s down to lazyness. instesd of reading and searching and doing it the hard way people are looing for some one to point it all out for them. i used to be the same!!! but it has to stop!!!

its called body dismorphia, when someone looks at their body for extended periods of time they stop seeing what is actually there, but instead see what their subconscience thinks its looking at. So the skinny girl who thinks shes fat will see layers of rippleing, dimpled fat rolls. and the guy who has just put on 10lbs over the last year sees bulging veiny muscle mass cladding their ample frame.

unfortunatly for me i’ve alwaysed percieved myself as being skinny, so no matter how much muscle i add my mind sees a skinny kid looking back at me in the mirror, its only when i catch an unexpected glanse in a mirror (befor i realize its me) that i see muscles. but when i look back for them muscles they are gone, replaced by pertruding bones.
gutted.
PS the picture isn’t me.

[quote]wukey wrote:
its called body dismorphia, when someone looks at their body for extended periods of time they stop seeing what is actually there, but instead see what their subconscience thinks its looking at. So the skinny girl who thinks shes fat will see layers of rippleing, dimpled fat rolls. and the guy who has just put on 10lbs over the last year sees bulging veiny muscle mass cladding their ample frame.

unfortunatly for me i’ve alwaysed percieved myself as being skinny, so no matter how much muscle i add my mind sees a skinny kid looking back at me in the mirror, its only when i catch an unexpected glanse in a mirror (befor i realize its me) that i see muscles. but when i look back for them muscles they are gone, replaced by pertruding bones.
gutted.
PS the picture isn’t me.[/quote]

I wish that pic was me. That guy would pull a 7-8 for sure, just based on the suit and haircut. His hair is completely functional.

Take that forum for what it’s worth: high comedy. I never look at a thread on there unless the rating is below 3 because the comments are usually hilarious.

But it shouldn’t be comedy!!!

This is the way i see this site working…

As a newbie you come on this site and have a look around. You decide you want to get big, strong etc. You READ the threads and articles and ABSORBE the knowledge. IF you are confused on a point post a question demonstrating you have done some reading but need some thing clarified.

you APPLY the knowledge to the gym and your life. post a picture on the rate my physique forum (if you feel that way inclined) for anything you may have missed.

Not post a before pic and ask what now guys!!!

I maybe an anal retentive ranter but it just makes more sense i think…

[quote]Addicted wrote:
wukey wrote:

gutted.
PS the picture isn’t me.

I wish that pic was me. That guy would pull a 7-8 for sure, just based on the suit and haircut. His hair is completely functional.[/quote]

I totaly agree, check out his tricep and rear delt development! If anything i’d say he looks like he could do with cutting a bit, you know just to get a bit more definition in that upper arm.
I pm’d him befor i posted his picture to make sure he was ok with it and he asked me to post his workout so people could critique it;
NOTE: FOR LEGIBILITY ‘LOL’ HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH FULL STOPS IN THE FOLLOWING STATMENT
"monday,
BB curls (@ 25RM)
tricep kickbacks (@ 30RM)

Wednesday
DB curls (@ 30RM)
tricep kickbacks (@30 RM)

Friday
10 crunches before i go to bed

i don’t have any milkshakes 'cos i’m afraid they’ll make me fat, but i’ve just started my first cycle of dianabol.
Please give me some advice, i’m really happy with my body but you idiots on this site might be able help me out. (but i doubt it 'cos just look at me, i know it all)
PS i don’t want to be too big."