Rant: Looking Like a Bodybuilder

definition of a womanly woman

one that is 130 lbs, 25% body fat and stuffs their face with ice cream, chips and “low-fat” garbage all day long

ie. 90%+ of the north american female population over the age of 15

Cool. Another “We’re awesome” thread.

Last week some jerk at work told me I have man arms. Gah. I think he was just trying to get a rise out of me. Still. D:

[quote]debraD wrote:
Last week some jerk at work told me I have man arms. Gah. I think he was just trying to get a rise out of me. Still. D:
[/quote]

I’m guessing he had woman arms? :stuck_out_tongue:

You would be guessing right :smiley:

[quote]Alffi wrote:
Cool. Another “We’re awesome” thread.[/quote]

Well, it’s better than your “let’s be average!” posts.

Yeah…that was classic.

[quote]Alffi wrote:
Cool. Another “We’re awesome” thread.[/quote]

Hey, no point in denying it.

As far as bodybuilding goes, I remember something that my buddy told me when I was still a fat kid.

“Dude, it’s true. Some girls just don’t like a guy with big muscles. Fortunately, the ones that do are usually smoking hot, so…”

Last year my boss found some pics on my work computer of me doing a shirtless back double bi pose and printed them out and posted them all over the office. For a second I was pissed but then I realized that I looked pretty good and the only ones giving me shit were the fat guys that I work with. The ladies at work didn’t seem to mind too much…

On Veins: They are very visually striking, and I remember when I was cutting down last summer I was happy to be getting more visable veins in my forearms. I love them. I dont know if I’d want to be a road map, but thats mainly genetic anyway, but I definitely would not mind a few more visible ones on my arms.

On Size: I dont consider myself huge by any stretch, but I definitely get my share of bicep squeezes and chest pats. Its an interesting thing being big(ger) because like Prof said, you have it all day. No one can deny it. Its a trophy you wear and everyone can see it… Too bad most people have no idea the kind of time and effort it takes to get and keep that trophy. But when you do meet someone else “in the club” its a great feeling of mutual respect that is instantaneously agreed upon.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Alffi wrote:
Cool. Another “We’re awesome” thread.

Well, it’s better than your “let’s be average!” posts.

Actually 220 pounds is a ‘healthy’ weight BMI wise for a two meter tall (6’7?) person. People on here can develop warped views about size. Best to compare yourself to the average population,which puts on pounds of fat annually. Also try to derive faith from your gym numbers,if you have any. It will make you feel better about ‘average’ size.

Yeah…that was classic.[/quote]
But it’s true. Funny spin though. You should not argue with that,it will only make you look better by your criteria.

And you don’t know how hard it is to be average. It takes a lot of dedication and hard work to remain average,being happy without dying to look like someone else,inhibiting the temptation to feed one’s narcissism.

[quote]Vegg wrote:
debraD wrote:
Last week some jerk at work told me I have man arms. Gah. I think he was just trying to get a rise out of me. Still. D:

I’m guessing he had woman arms? :P[/quote]

No, he’d have little girl arms.

[quote]Kinoz wrote:
“Dude, it’s true. Some girls just don’t like a guy with big muscles. Fortunately, the ones that do are usually smoking hot, so…”[/quote]

QFT

I can’t imagine what its like for you bigger guys… I am a skinny-fat (FFB), with a LOT of room left for improvement.I finally started seeing a bicep vein on my HUGE 16" BICEPZ about a month ago, since then I’ve been accused of using steroids… I’m not built, at all, besides my beautiful traps.(lol)

In all seriousness, there is no reason why someone like me should be considered a steroid user.

what a woman says and a woman thinks are two different things.

that being said mum and dad both think I’m big enough when I talk about starting a bulk next year as well as some of my mates, mum and dad also believe I’m lean enough and will become anorexic if I lose anymore weight. People at work generally give me crap when on the odd occasion I will eat something that’s deemed bad but it is in a joking way. When I began losing fat earlier this year the complements I got were great and a lot of women at work asked me what I was doing etc.

Sadly, they are mainly middle aged or older. The worst thing however is my work clothes especially pants are waaaay too big and when I ran into my ex a couple weeks ago at work she wouldn’t have been able too tell much of a difference, as I started my cut the week she got transferred.

[quote]Alffi wrote:
And you don’t know how hard it is to be average. [/quote]

Aww, poor baby!

You’re right, all of us who are taking the “easy way out” by striving to rise above the masses don’t understand the sufferings of the mediocre.

Do you want a hug?

One of my girlfriends asked me how I lost a bunch of weight last year & I told her about lifting. She asked me what my goal was, so I showed her a picture of Jamie Eason in a bikini. She said, “Ewww, that’s too much muscle! If you do that you won’t look good in a sundress!”

I just laughed. I definitely don’t look like Jamie yet, but I look and feel so much better than I used to, its like I’m a different person. I can’t wait to go prancing around in a sundress next summer.

[quote]Miss Parker wrote:
One of my girlfriends asked me how I lost a bunch of weight last year & I told her about lifting. She asked me what my goal was, so I showed her a picture of Jamie Eason in a bikini. She said, “Ewww, that’s too much muscle! If you do that you won’t look good in a sundress!”

I just laughed. I definitely don’t look like Jamie yet, but I look and feel so much better than I used to, its like I’m a different person. I can’t wait to go prancing around in a sundress next summer.[/quote]

I mistakenly showed my (fat) girlfriend the Figure Athlete site a few months ago… that was a mistake. She went on a rant about anorexia and pornography.

[quote]Miss Parker wrote:
I’m a different person. I can’t wait to go prancing around in a sundress next summer.[/quote]

Nor can we, for that matter…

[quote]sluicy wrote:
I mistakenly showed my (fat) girlfriend the Figure Athlete site a few months ago… that was a mistake. She went on a rant about anorexia and pornography. [/quote]

No disrespect, Sluicy, but what is a lifter doing with a FAT girlfriend?

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
sluicy wrote:
I mistakenly showed my (fat) girlfriend the Figure Athlete site a few months ago… that was a mistake. She went on a rant about anorexia and pornography.

No disrespect, Sluicy, but what is a lifter doing with a FAT girlfriend?
[/quote]

I’m a girl. I meant in in a friend sense.

I guess I should change my avatar.