Rant - Annoying People at the Gym

It’s understandable when you’re all psyched up for your next set and you’re about to do it some stops you in your track. The other guy should’ve waited until your set was done and then ask. That seems fairly reasonable.
The curls on the power rack thing, if the dude’s curling with the 45 pound plates then it’s understandable. I tried to work in with a dude at LA FITNESS(my gym)using the E-Z curl bar, he had 25’s on, I was gonna warm up with the 25’s and work my way up to the 45’s, he say I don’t like to have people work in with me, what a dick. I used the power rack to do my curls, I was gonna use the bench press but most people use the bench more than the rack. I was curling with the 45’s on the power rack and the dude’s got the nerve to ask for a spot on his last set of E-Z curl with the 25’s

[quote]Z2nd_Comng wrote:
I too think it’s cool when people ask me for a spot. If they’re a little guy it makes me feel like he thinks highly of me or something like that. If he’s a big guy then I feel like he thinks that I’m in there pushing my weight too. Either way I have no problem spotting anyone in the gym. I especially like when the ladies ask for a spot.[/quote]

Yea, except I just hate it when females ask me to spot for them on the bench. I know damn well they just want to look up my shorts.

Now I fool them by not wearing any underwear…fixed em good…

[quote]nolecat wrote:
I had a similar experience. A guy was doing some heavy squats and asked me for a spot.[/quote] To cut a long story short, we now [quote]teach salsa dancing to the local ranchers!!![/quote]

Woah there!! Don’t you think you cut that story a little bit too short!?

We really really need to hear the long version. It probably even deserves a thread of its own!

I’ll give anyone a spot- once. But if they are a clown or ego-tripper, I won’t give them a second. For example, if I am upright rowing half their bench press, from rep one, or if I am hauling their 1/4 Smith machine squat up and racking it for them, I’ll not spot them again.

I like to hang my towel over the Smith machine, then workout nearby but not actually use it. I sometimes see people circling around trying to summon up the courage to ask me if they can use it or not!