Rant about Second Job

I now just got a second job and it so happens to be this place called gnc ahah which most of you know. I made this post more so I can rant, but i started last week and my first day there I mean people are troubled.

These two guys come in and they cant be more than 160 and they start asking me about pro hormones and test boosters but what there already taking they dont know exactly what it does they just thought it looked good.

Then this kid comes in and goes I want a creatine to get big and cut and instead of me saying well creatine wont do that I have to say well why dont you get cell tech and smile. I mean I know about most supps but half the gnc store is a scam. They have like 20 diff nitric oxide supps.

its nuts and they have cell tech and all these other brands for so much money its such a scam. The worst is our manager tells us what supps he wants us to sell even if we dont think its better. its no wonder people go to supps first.

The funny thing is besides certain probiotics I dont use anything from gnc and im trying to sell it haha

I worked at GNC part time many years ago, it has changed dramatically and not for the better.

[quote]amphibian wrote:
I worked at GNC part time many years ago, it has changed dramatically and not for the better.[/quote]

how long ago was that might i ask because that same gnc i went in threr 3 years ago and the guy that worked there basically sold me cell tech for 55 bucks for like 3 weeks and told me i was going to get huge. Now this was when i didnt know anything so i guess its my fault but still he made up this whole big lie haha

I worked there in the late seventies when they actually still sold food.Lied about my age and got in at 15, because I was referred by another employee.

I applied for a part time job again with them in the 80s (wanted some low stress cash and employee discount)but they didn’t hire me because they said I was “overqualified.”
Guess they wanted someone more desperate for the job.

If nothing else, it got me in contact with some huge people and got me reading everything I could get my hands on.

not only that, their prices are a fuckn rip off!

How much “employee discount” do you get, just curious.

My discount was sweeeeeet. I had a card that gave me 15% off in every store in the mall. At GNC though we could take home anything that came in damaged as well. My manager, Helen was very understanding about how much stuff came in “damaged.” :slight_smile:

I get my Supps from GNC here in the UK, and they do a 20% discount card for regulars.

Makes the prices a little easier to bear :slight_smile:

well we have that whole returned thing where u can take stuff home and i get 30% off but even with that I wouldnt buy anything there because its still over priced haha

mzugu- try myprotein.co.uk
v good prices

I HATE GNC, but unfortunately I have to buy most of my stuff there.

They always try to force feed you fish oil…sometimes multiple times while you shop.

And what does the interview process consist of? Find the most unhealthy looking pasty skinny dude? I have seen one built guy working at a GNC, then I never saw him again. He must have been too big and healthy…scares off the customers.

One odd thing…and maybe it’s just because I live in NC and weightlifting isn’t too big here…but how do they stay in business. I kid you not, 9 out of 10 times I go to GNC, it’s completely empty except for the pasty skinny dude behind the counter.

End rant.

I like our GNC actually. They have a little shake stand set up. They’ll make any kind of shake you want, no matter how rediculous.

Am I glad I can buy my protein etc in bulk…
Even with the horrid customs fee etc it’s still cheaper (and better) than anything any of the German stores have to offer, and I can select what goes into the mix…

“but how do they stay in business”

The one in the Fort Bragg mini Mall makes a killing.

I was in Cary though last weekend and it’s like you described, just me and the two GNC employees.

Funny shit. One GNC store I goto the guy is trying to sell me this mega calorie loaded powder and a few weeks later starts trying to get me to think I’m getting bloated and should buy some pills.

Anywho, I would like to get my fix somewhere else but the only store around my place is GNC.

Do you guys order online, and from where if it’s safe?

[quote]thekrown wrote:
Funny shit. One GNC store I goto the guy is trying to sell me this mega calorie loaded powder and a few weeks later starts trying to get me to think I’m getting bloated and should buy some pills.

Anywho, I would like to get my fix somewhere else but the only store around my place is GNC.

Do you guys order online, and from where if it’s safe?[/quote]

Of course we order online. You’re on a company website.

I get a lot of my less common suppliments (fish oil, superfood, etc) from Biotest.

Biotest is an excellent companies.

GNC cracks me up. The sales reps say stuff like “Man if you buy 2 I’ll give you one free!” And you are just like uh…I could buy 3 of these online for the same price that you sell one.

They don’t have anything to say to that. Fuckers.

[quote]thekrown wrote:

Do you guys order online, and from where if it’s safe?[/quote]

as much as the forums suck, their store is excellent.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
thekrown wrote:

Do you guys order online, and from where if it’s safe?

as much as the forums suck, their store is excellent.[/quote]

agreed.

No free shipping there though.

You can get expired bottles of MD6 for like $4.00 right now though, so thats nice…

People still buy things in stores?

You got the second job because you need the money. Therefore you’re selling something you don’t support. Sold your soul to the devil, you’re a salesman now…