Nonpoint- Recoil
Killswitch Engage- As Daylight Dies
Mudvayne- Lost and Found
Octane- Rise Up
Scars of Life- What We Reflect
Avenged Sevenfold- City of Evil
Papa Roach- The Paramour Sessions
Art of Dying- Art of Dying

Any specific comments are appreciated, but not necessary.

Thanks.

I’ll rate them all.

Suck.
Suckier.
Suckiest.
Sucketh.
Suckfest.
Suckorama.
Suckaballs.

The end.

LOL! An excellent review of the material presented

1. City of Evil
    2-10. The rest

[quote]Molotov_Coktease wrote:
I’ll rate them all.

Suck.
Suckier.
Suckiest.
Sucketh.
Suckfest.
Suckorama.
Suckaballs.

The end.[/quote]

You missed one.

I’d say go with the Avenged Sevenfold and Killswitch cd’s. I have them both and really enjoy them. A.S. City of Evil is a really great album that transitioned them from a screamo band into a full on melodic rock band. I’ve also seen them perform that album in concert and it was one of the best concerts I saw last year.

They are pretty rank…

I put that list together based on recommendations, possible style similarities, etc…

I’m trying to add some new hard rock/heavy alternative music to my collection.

Those of you who are saying they all suck, do you listen to this type of music? If so, what other suggestions do you have?

Gracias.

doubledown- if ur expanding ur musical pallete into heavy rock/metal, i suggest u look up the gods- iron maiden, mettalica, black sabbath, motorhead, guns u roses, manowar, acdc to name but a few. a lot of the new bands in my opinion dont have the special something that made these bands great

soz i just reread ur post and ur want heavy alt-cant help u there, i think linken park are crap

[quote]cidermonster wrote:
doubledown- if ur expanding ur musical pallete into heavy rock/metal, i suggest u look up the gods- iron maiden, mettalica, black sabbath, motorhead, guns u roses, manowar, acdc to name but a few. a lot of the new bands in my opinion dont have the special something that made these bands great[/quote]

I’m a huge fan of the older Metallica stuff (AJFA, MOP, and RtL). I like AC/DC and need to pick up some of their stuff. I’ve never gotten into Maiden. GnR is okay. Sabbath is solid. I’m not familiar with Manowar, so I’ll check them out.

Thanks.

[quote]Doubledown wrote:
I put that list together based on recommendations, possible style similarities, etc…

Those of you who are saying they all suck, do you listen to this type of music? If so, what other suggestions do you have?

Gracias.[/quote]

Just having little fun with you.

[quote]Doubledown wrote:

Gracias.[/quote]

Megadeth - Rust in peace
Pantera - Cowboys from hell
any 80s metallica
alice in chains - facelift
sevendust - animosity (if not, whichever album has the song praise on it)

unfortunately, most of those nu metal bands suck some serious ballage so it’s counterintiutive to suggest one.

Clutch is THE new metal band, although it seems quite good at avoiding being labeled under that too.

Nothing too fancy, just pure rock fury.

I don’t see ashes of the wake on there

[quote]ssplit wrote:
Clutch is THE new metal band, although it seems quite good at avoiding being labeled under that too.

at least you linked to shogun. i stopped being a fanatic for these guys since elephant riders. the whole rockabilly vibe dosent do it for me. when i was following them in the 90’s, they were still playing songs like this

doubledown, manowar are pretty weird. i tend to gloss over their cheesey operatic stuff- serious cheese. try to think ‘conan’ when listening to it, you’ll see what i mean. their latest album warriors of the world united is good

They are just plain awful.

[quote]Frank Castle wrote:
ssplit wrote:

at least you linked to shogun. i stopped being a fanatic for these guys since elephant riders. the whole rockabilly vibe dosent do it for me. when i was following them in the 90’s, they were still playing songs like this

[quote]Molotov_Coktease wrote:
I’ll rate them all.

Suck.
Suckier.
Suckiest.
Sucketh.
Suckfest.
Suckorama.
Suckaballs.
TEH SUCKERZ

The end.[/quote]

Uhhh, listen to real metal, not this shitty trendy Metalcore/Deathcore bullshit that’s out there in the mainstream now.