Randy Couture

Personally, id like to see Randy retire right now.

And for the record, he earnt $250k for the win ($125k to show, $125k win bonus)

Couture’s the f0cking man.

MUCH respect to the guy.

Koing

[quote]sjfou wrote:
How the hell can you step down a weight a division, not be able to beat the champ, come out of retirement & take the champs belt from the division above, after losing 2x in 2004 to guys alot smaller than tim?
[/quote]

Yes, he was KO’d twice by Liddell, but before that, Randy DOMINATED the light heavyweight division. He destroyed Chuck in their first fight; dominated Tito Ortiz for 5 rounds in the LHW unification bout; then destroyed Vitor Belfort to regain the title, after he lost to Vitor by a cheap cut 19 seconds into the fight.

Randy said he saw holes in Tim’s game and he sure exploited them in the fight. Tim needs to get that killer instinct back b/c ever since he won the title from Arlovsky, he’s had no desire, it seems, to finish a fight in impressive fashion.

[quote]Edders wrote:
Altered Beast wrote:
Luck,Chuck just got lucky. I wanna see how well Randy does against Arlovski or Cro Cop though.

That is an ignorant comment.

You might get one lucky punch but Couture owned him for 5 rounds!

Luck had nothing to do with it.[/quote]

I was implying that Chuck got lucky when he beat Randy the 2nd and 3rd time. I would have liked to see a 4th rematch.

I don’t see why that’s an ignorant comment. And YES, Randy did dominate fat ass Sylvia for all 5, big deal. I don’t think he’d be able to do that to Cro Cop or Arlovski.

Read my post again, along with the one before it. Maybe you read my post incorrectly, or maybe you’re just a prick.

[quote]Altered Beast wrote:
Edders wrote:
Altered Beast wrote:
Luck,Chuck just got lucky. I wanna see how well Randy does against Arlovski or Cro Cop though.

That is an ignorant comment.

You might get one lucky punch but Couture owned him for 5 rounds!

Luck had nothing to do with it.

I was implying that Chuck got lucky when he beat Randy the 2nd and 3rd time. I would have liked to see a 4th rematch.

I don’t see why that’s an ignorant comment. And YES, Randy did dominate fat ass Sylvia for all 5, big deal. I don’t think he’d be able to do that to Cro Cop or Arlovski.

Read my post again, along with the one before it. Maybe you read my post incorrectly, or maybe you’re just a prick. [/quote]

Yep, I did reread your post…sorry.

But I am a prick too. So really you’re right on both counts.

I love Randy but Cro Cop will break him in half. Anybody see Cro Cop make a guy tapout from leg kicks? Silvia didn’t kick once, Cro Cop will kick, punt, and break.

On a side note,Rampage Jackson is coming for Liddel…Chuck’s time is coming to an end…Chuck was destroyed by Jackson in Pride.

Jackson and Cro Cop will be holding belts soon…

Couture signed a 4 fight deal and will be facing the winner of Cro-Cop/Gonzaga(meaning Cro-Cop). I think its great Randy came back and did what he did but Tim Sylvia was a HORRIBLE fighter, slow, sloppy, and looked scared the whole time. Mirko will destroy Randy, I just hope he doesnt get hurt too bad.

Chuck didnt use luck against Randy, he used precise angles & timing. I respect chuck but im no fan - i think Chucks striking looks sloppy, i think the same of Rich Franklin, but both get the job done.

[quote]sjfou wrote:
i think Chucks striking looks sloppy, i think the same of Rich Franklin, but both get the job done.[/quote]

http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/search/liddell%2Bcouture%2B3/video/x1d8jq_randy-couture-vs-chuck-liddell
http://www.brickfist.com/5.Martial_Arts/111.Randy_Couture_Vs_Chuck_Liddell__UFC_57.html

I can see why you think rematch 2 wasn’t luck but rematch 3 was all luck. If Randy didn’t slip there would have been no knockout, no phony retirement, and possibly no loss for Couture.

I’m sure Chuck’s hungry enough to avenge his loss to Rampage, most likely by some sloppy weird diagonal punch eye gouge. Anyone else hear this rumor that Rampage has become a born again Christian.

Sylvia getting lucky

Randy needs to bow out now before he gets brain damage from the blows Cro Cop will dish out.

Chuck is a great fighter, he is patient in his strikes. Just look at when he fought Renato…Sobral was swinging like crazy, Chuck didn’t even flinch, he just waited for the right time and then two punches later Renato is trying to grapple with Big John cause he is so out of it. Problem with Rampage is he is faster, stronger, and a smarter fighter.

Haven’t heard anything about Jackson being a Christian…Apparently Randy Couture, Rich Franklin, and Matt Hughes are all evangelical believers.

heres the fight online

http://www.broadcaster.com/video/player.php?clip=11837

only found the first 15 minutes of it

http://www.broadcaster.com/clip/11838

Sorry it does work it just takes ages

you can watch more here

http://dewsaw.com/sports/

[quote]Altered Beast wrote:
sjfou wrote:
i think Chucks striking looks sloppy, i think the same of Rich Franklin, but both get the job done.

http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/search/liddell%2Bcouture%2B3/video/x1d8jq_randy-couture-vs-chuck-liddell
http://www.brickfist.com/5.Martial_Arts/111.Randy_Couture_Vs_Chuck_Liddell__UFC_57.html

I can see why you think rematch 2 wasn’t luck but rematch 3 was all luck. If Randy didn’t slip there would have been no knockout, no phony retirement, and possibly no loss for Couture.

I’m sure Chuck’s hungry enough to avenge his loss to Rampage, most likely by some sloppy weird diagonal punch eye gouge. Anyone else hear this rumor that Rampage has become a born again Christian.

Sylvia getting lucky[/quote]

Yes, Rampage is a Christian. I think this was around 2004…not sure if this is coincidental or not, but since that time, his career hasn’t been the same as it was when he first entered PRIDE.

yep - Rampage is now a hardcore religious dude & his results havent been as dominate. Lindland fight could have gone either way…

Cro Cop doesn’t jump straight to headhunting, and doesn’t prefer working on the ground. They are roughly the same size as well, with a small advantage to Cro Cop. Still, with adequate time to prepare, I don’t see why Randy couldn’t construct a winning strategy from gaining some size and pressing with leg kicks to break down Cro Cop’s sprawl so that he could take him down with shots. Moreover, if Randy can brave a few strikes, it opens up his clinch game and body lock-oriented takedowns. Once it goes to the ground, if Randleman could get a stoppage then Randy surely can. Does the same go for the hook that brought around that situation?

(Or he could just learn to do whatever Fedor did. Hell, he should leave for Russia right now…)

What I do know is that Randy is an extremely patience and intelligent fighter. I also know that Cro Cop has KO’d people on many occasions from guard. He isn’t a dumb fighter and has surely been watching Randy vs Silvia over and over recently. Couture is amazing but Cro Cop is an extremely aggressive adaptable machine like the UFC has not seen before except in the likes of Matt Hughes.

My attention will be more focused on UFC 71 which is rumored to have Rampage vs Lidell…Chuck’s only unanswered defeat and I personally think that Rampage will eat him alive again…That’s if Rampage has found some sparing partners…He was having trouble with that hahaha

Rampage isn’t what he used to be. And Couture is amazing, its just unfortunate for him that Cro Cop is in the UFC. Cro Cop = HW champ, unless Fedor decides to come overseas.