Randy Couture

Cant believe there is no thread for Captain America.

3/3 - International Randy Couture Day.

one of the greatest accomplishments in recent sports history.

I was standing at the Arnold watching a demo, and I looked to my left and he was standing next to me, I damn near shat myself.

–JB

[quote]WS4JB wrote:
I was standing at the Arnold watching a demo, and I looked to my left and he was standing next to me, I damn near shat myself.

–JB[/quote]

I think I would have.

Also, was that fight not frickin’ awesome? The more I think about it the more amazing I think it was for the “Old Guy” to come out of retirement and completely dominate for 25 minutes like that against the HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION! I just loved it.

And was anyone else just shocked to hear Sylvia say that Couture didn’t have a good track record with heavyweights? Did someone not tell him Couture is a former 2 time heavyweight champ?lol

A tremendous performance. Couture dominated every second of that fight. He won punching, he won clinching, he won wrestling, he won jiu-jitsu. Not even close. A great fighter, much respect to him. And much respect to that whole card. Lytle didn’t win, but he hung in there and fought hard against Hughes. Not many survive being on the bottom of Hughes that long. Also McDonald was clearly outclassed, but he showed a lot of heart and a good chin surviving as long as he did. And Sylvia showed a good chin too. Couture hit him with about 2.5 million right hands and he hung in there on all but that first one. Good card.

[quote]Deserteaglle wrote:
And was anyone else just shocked to hear Sylvia say that Couture didn’t have a good track record with heavyweights? Did someone not tell him Couture is a former 2 time heavyweight champ?lol
[/quote]

Randy has had trouble with heavyweights in the past, at least top level ones…that is why he is now 3-time HW champ. Timmay obviously confused himself with top level HWs.

It was like a real life Rocky movie except Randy never got beat up.

On second thought that is almost disrespectful to Randy

Randy symbolized what the Rocky movies wish they could.

Fanfuckingtastic.

Ditto on everything said

How the hell can you step down a weight a division, not be able to beat the champ, come out of retirement & take the champs belt from the division above, after losing 2x in 2004 to guys alot smaller than tim?

Luck,Chuck just got lucky. I wanna see how well Randy does against Arlovski or Cro Cop though.

[quote]Altered Beast wrote:
Luck,Chuck just got lucky. I wanna see how well Randy does against Arlovski or Cro Cop though. [/quote]

More like Chuck is better than Sylvia

Luck,Chuck just got lucky. I wanna see how well Randy does against Arlovski or Cro Cop though. [/quote]

• It seems coutures boxing has greatly improved

[quote]vision1 wrote:
Altered Beast wrote:
Luck,Chuck just got lucky. I wanna see how well Randy does against Arlovski or Cro Cop though.

• It seems coutures boxing has greatly improved[/quote]

It must have been all those appearances on Pros VS. Joes.

–JB

I teared up watching that fight. Randy Couture is sublime.

Wait…Randy Won???

Surely Randy could find his way into the Powerful image section this week.

First round, first punch.

That is an ignorant comment.

You might get one lucky punch but Couture owned him for 5 rounds!

Luck had nothing to do with it.

You won’t be seeing that. I bet Couture drops down to fight Lidell again.

Let’s wait and see.

[quote]sjfou wrote:
How the hell can you step down a weight a division, not be able to beat the champ, come out of retirement & take the champs belt from the division above, after losing 2x in 2004 to guys alot smaller than tim?
[/quote]

Perseverance