T Nation

Rand's Book Most Popular at NY Public Library

“The most popular adult book is Ayn Randâ??s â??Anthem,â?? which has been borrowed 22,800 times in the past two years.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/nyc_best_sellers_P74Is07UFrV1F1H3EuQQbL#ixzz0sXjJq0wL

The grapes of wrath are growing, swiftly growing… :wink:

Ha, until Rajun’ Kagan bans it! and guns, and the Constitution, etc.

This a must read. See what Rand has to say about Indians, Vietnam, Reagan, Rights, Abortions, etc.

Chock full of goodies!

it was alright not as good as 1984 or Brave new world though.

The Enemies Foreign and Domestic series is pretty good as far as modern politically relevant books go.

http://www.enemiesforeignanddomestic.com/

[quote]Jfbalabama wrote:
it was alright not as good as 1984 or Brave new world though.[/quote]

The second to the last chapter sums up the book and her philosophy in a nut shell

I wasn’t that much of a fan of BNW given that it ended with no hope for humanity while Anthem ends on a high note…

[quote]Jfbalabama wrote:

Yes, the book isn’t as good as the two best example of dystopian literature of all time. -_-

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Jfbalabama wrote:

The second to the last chapter sums up the book and her philosophy in a nut shell

I wasn’t that much of a fan of BNW given that it ended with no hope for humanity while Anthem ends on a high note…[/quote]

Brave new world only really appealed to me because its like a glimpse in the future, its only a matter of time until the governments mandates that everyone be on some kind of crazy ass medication to turn us into zombies… for our own safety of course.

[quote]Jfbalabama wrote:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Jfbalabama wrote:

I wasn’t that much of a fan of BNW given that it ended with no hope for humanity while Anthem ends on a high note…[/quote]

Brave new world only really appealed to me because its like a glimpse in the future, its only a matter of time until the governments mandates that everyone be on some kind of crazy ass medication to turn us into zombies… for our own safety of course. [/quote]

One reason for fast food is this. Fat lazy people who’re well fed are more docile. If we ever are drugged I suspect it’ll be in this food.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

One reason for fast food is this. Fat lazy people who’re well fed are more docile. If we ever are drugged I suspect it’ll be in this food.
[/quote]

IF?

Lets see. We got MSG and Aspartame, both excitotoxins, that excite neurons to the point of death. So diet soda drinkers, dorito eaters, chinese food lovers, chicken soup cravers, etc etc etc - are all getting dumbed down. I would wager a guess at least half of T-Nation is unknowingly consuming MSG (it hides under 27 different names).

Then we have trans fat - which is hardening our cell membranes making us slower. Information is unable to pass from cell to cell as fast as it once could. And whats the half life of trans fat? 51 days I believe. This shit stays in your system. Dumb forever.

Then we have food colorings and preservatives, which cause brain allergies and most people do not even know they have a reaction to them because they have been eating the same shitty food since they were born.

There is no IF. Brave New World is here.

Actually- Cat in the hat is the most popular book at NY public library. Why is it that everything you post is a half-truth?

jnd

[quote]jnd wrote:
Actually- Cat in the hat is the most popular book at NY public library. Why is it that everything you post is a half-truth?

jnd[/quote]

Re-read the opening post. Or do you not know the meaning of ‘adult book’?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]jnd wrote:

jnd[/quote]

[/quote]

ha, it is an adult book to him. Right along with his Highlights subscription.

Re-read the subject line in your post. Maybe you need to start with the Seuss books.

Zing…

[quote]jnd wrote:
Re-read the subject line in your post. Maybe you need to start with the Seuss books.[/quote]

Epic fail.

It is quite common to shorten up a Thread title. And then, when you click on it, you see that it is about ADULT books.

You are not a very intelligent troll. By liberal standards you are, but their standards are shockingly low.

[quote]dk44 wrote:

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[quote]jnd wrote:

jnd[/quote]

[/quote]

ha, it is an adult book to him. Right along with his Highlights subscription. [/quote]

LOL! I suspect he also reads ‘Boy’s Life’ but that’s another thread.

Wow you are right epic fail. please forgive me for not being as bright as you. Aren’t you the same guy that has been predicting the downfall of the US for years? You are the King of Douchebags.

jnd

[quote]jnd wrote:
Aren’t you the same guy that has been predicting the downfall of the US for years?

jnd[/quote]

yes, what a silly prediction. :slight_smile: